+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WBA sack Steve Bruce

WBA sack Steve Bruce

It’s been coming.

Re: WBA sack Steve Bruce

please not down here

Always makes me laugh
    Football managers get sacked and walk into another club on huge wages only to feck them up as well

Stick with the cheaper option Vincent
    Hudson is doing a great job at the minute and he’s a YES man as well as a Cardiff ledge ⚽️⚽️👍

Probably the least surprising of the many championship manager sackings this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It’s been coming.
    He'll probably walk into another job no probs. It might have to be at a much lower level though, unless there is a team mug enough to take him

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    He'll probably walk into another job no probs. It might have to be at a much lower level though, unless there is a team mug enough to take him
    hopefully it isn't us

International

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    He's had a good career, and done a good job at places like Newcastle.

Football is evolving though and some of these old up and at them type Managers are starting to struggle.

Mrs just saw him coming out of Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Always makes me laugh
    Football managers get sacked and walk into another club on huge wages only to feck them up as well

Hudson is doing a great job at the minute and he’s a YES man as well as a Cardiff ledge ⚽️⚽️👍
    And he's also enjoying the new manager 'bounce'.
    Judge him after 3 months not 3 games

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    That's true, teams will be looking at what we are doing differently and working out our strengths and weaknesses it will get more difficult as games go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Wales Online has an article today with the headline " West Brom plummet as unwanted players shine in Cardiff City shirts amid bonkers decision'. In the article it says ''Cardiff City, meanwhile, appear to have found their rhythm over the last week or so, coming away from their last three games with eight points'

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Wales Online has an article today with the headline " West Brom plummet as unwanted players shine in Cardiff City shirts amid bonkers decision'. In the article it says ''Cardiff City, meanwhile, appear to have found their rhythm over the last week or so, coming away from their last three games with eight points'
    Different size posts and now two points for the draw - definitely give Hudson the job if this is the impact he has 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    how many?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how many?
    It's a new rule, if you win with oversize goalposts you get four points for a win instead of three. So, WoL were spot on as it is eight points from the last three games.

Perhaps Bruce can have a turn with Watford later in the season. I reckon they’ll have at least two more changes before May 2023. 😁

I think that makes it 15/24 of the clubs in the championship have changed their manager since the end of last season, with Watford doing it twice.

Play your cards right with "Brucie" where will he end up next? Is it higher than an under achieving league one club?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Play your cards right with "Brucie" where will he end up next? Is it higher than an under achieving league one club?
    Higher

I think thats it for Bruce.

Saying that I thought that about Mick until he rocked up at our place

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Higher
    I think he'll retire. Think he said Newcastle was his last job before being tempted out by the Baggies cash?

Ends up on Sky Sports for the rest of the season, then never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I think he'll retire. Think he said Newcastle was his last job before being tempted out by the Baggies cash?

I agree, I can't see anyone taking him on now, he's pretty toxic. Then again, we hired Mick...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I agree, I can't see anyone taking him on now, he's pretty toxic. Then again, we hired Mick...
    Or could he be the first manager in history to take charge of Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough? With Big Sam seemingly having been put out to pasture, this could be his big chance. I've got my tongue firmly in my cheek with this reply, but in football you never know.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I doubt he will end up on sky sports . He permanently looks ill .
    Not a tele face.

Well you know .....lick , lick , lick 😋

https://youtu.be/ckG4tpikBNg

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Always makes me laugh

A helpful summary of completed "destroy and exit" jobs completed by members of the British Managers Lunch Club is here. This is from 2020, so needs updating.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AthleticoMi...troy_and_exit/