+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroes to Zeros?

Heroes to Zeros?

The news today that John Cleese is to host a new GB News TV show where he "had dinner with one or two of the people concerned and I liked them very much" has got me thinking about celebrities or musicians you may have admired in the past who turned out to be a tory loving right-wing conspiracy loving nut.

Aside from Cleese above I'll start with Morrissey, Rod Stewart, Ian Brown and Trump loving John Lydon

Re: Heroes to Zeros?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    The news today that John Cleese is to host a new GB News TV show where he "had dinner with one or two of the people concerned and I liked them very much" has got me thinking about celebrities or musicians you may have admired in the past who turned out to be a tory loving right-wing conspiracy loving nut.

Aside from Cleese above I'll start with Morrissey, Rod Stewart, Ian Brown and Trump loving John Lydon
    Isn't Cleese a libdem?

agree with your list of celebs though, especially Steven, he's a racist prick

How dare he work on a news channel that offers different opinions. The horror.

Thoughts with you at this difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot

Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot
    No worries

John Cleese seems to be turning into a daft old racist

Phil Collins has always been a twat.....that song he sung about the homeless .....whilst voting for the Tories......who sold millions of council homes .....cricket bat across the chops he needed

Rodger Daltry ......working class revolutionary ......turns into anti European little englander

To be fair , GB news is porridge for thick right wing twats

Anybody who thinks this is left vs right would be very mistaken, it's the 1% and their lackies against everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Anybody who thinks this is left vs right would be very mistaken, it's the 1% and their lackies against everybody else.
    That's classical left v right

Different from who? Is there a left wing equivalent of GB News?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    That's classical left v right
    Divide and conquer is the oldest trick in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Different from who? Is there a left wing equivalent of GB News?
    GB news isn't a right-wing news channel. Whenever I've turned it on, I've seen numerous debates with pretty left-wing opinions expressed. That's what I have found quite refreshing. It challenges some mainstream ways of thinking and is no bad thing at all. It's populist, I'll grant you that, but when I watched last week someone was giving a wild and long critique of the Conservative Party. I thought it was Sludge.

GB news isn't a right-wing news channel. Whenever I've turned it on, I've seen numerous debates with pretty left-wing opinions expressed. That's what I have found quite refreshing. It challenges some mainstream ways of thinking and is no bad thing at all. It's populist, I'll grant you that, but when I watched last week someone was giving a wild and long critique of the Conservative Party. I thought it was Sludge.
    Criticising the Tories doesn't suddenly make it not right wing. The Sun, Daily Mail and Telegraph have all had pieces speaking out against Truss, Johnson, Kwarteng and the Tories as a whole recently. They're still right wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Criticising the Tories doesn't suddenly make it not right wing. The Sun, Daily Mail and Telegraph have all had pieces speaking out against Truss, Johnson, Kwarteng and the Tories as a whole recently. They're still right wing media.
    No I know that, I'm just saying what they were talking about when I last watched it last week. Do you watch it? They have to be impartial by Ofcom rules. In that sense it's different to the print media.

There's an angle, anti-establishment, populist, anti-woke, challenging orthadox opinions etc, I'll grant you that. I'm not sure you are correct to call it 'right wing media' though.

No I know that, I'm just saying what they were talking about when I last watched it last week. Do you watch it? They have to be impartial by Ofcom rules. In that sense it's different to the print media.

There's an angle, anti-establishment, populist, anti-woke, challenging orthadox opinions etc, I'll grant you that. I'm not sure you are correct to call it 'right wing media' though.
    I’m certain he’s correct.

I’m certain he’s correct.
    Well Ofcom aren't.
    https://pressgazette.co.uk/ofcom-gb-news/

I do like dipping in and out of GB News some cracking debates as is TALK TV , with so many other outlets like the BBC , Sky ,ITV who are so PC and into virtual signalling for my liking , you can have you career halted for speaking your mind in those arenas as per the Lawrence Fox moment ..

I used to listen to BBC especially Five Live I loved it and defended it , dont bother turning it on now rather Times Radio , LBC ..and planet Rock

I'm calling the Sun, Mail and Telegraph Right Wing media. GB News is right leaning. Being impartial doesn't mean presenters, writers, editors, journalists, etc won't have their personal opinions influencing the show. It just means both sides of the debate are given airtime. Being impartial means having a flat earther on the show if you're having a "what shape is the earth" debate. As I believe the BBC have done. It doesn't mean the BBC accepts the flat earth theory as a valid scientific stance.

I am.

I am.
    fair enough!

I like to aggregate news from Various sources
    I listen to GB News on Sundays I think Alistair Stewart is the best anchor on TV
    and i like Michelle Dewbury (Dewbs and Co) her accent is brilliant
    Dewbs has just finished her slot and had PeterEdwards Labour guy and Dominique Samuals from the right as her panel
    topics UKRAINE and Pedo Hunter gangs decent debate
    I usually have talk radio on in the car mornings and evenings
    BBC & ITV news gets listened to as the goto chanels on TV although TBF it's just in the background
    I find it amusing that someone doesn't like someone anymore because of political views
    bands that i like is because of their music.
    actors/actresses i like is because of their acting ability
    sports people i like is because of their sporting ability
    and so on

I'd boff a Tory, a Labour, A liberal, A Green,
    no worries.

Inclusive
    Clandestine

GB News is right wing horse shit

People who think the BBC is for communists tune into it

Katie Hopkins types

It plays God Save The Queen every day

It's right wing nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    I listen to GB News on Sundays I think Alistair Stewart is the best anchor on TV
    Dewbs has just finished her slot and had PeterEdwards Labour guy and Dominique Samuals from the right as her panel
    BBC & ITV news gets listened to as the goto chanels on TV although TBF it's just in the background
    I find it amusing that someone doesn't like someone anymore because of political views
    and so on

no worries.

Inclusive
    Clandestine
    Phil Collins has always been crap

How dare rock n roll stars go against the main stream narrative fed from above 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine View Post
    and so on

no worries.

Inclusive
    Clandestine
    GB news is controlled opposition, don't be fooled by it. Probably better than the rest though.