+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 COVENTRY CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v COVENTRY CITY. Match thread

always love this clash.. 2 of my teams go head to head, dont get me wrong im a bluebird born bred but coventry was my team as a child, like many of you have arsenal, man u, liverpool and so on, i wanted to be different lol, i liked the colour sky blue and the words were the same as in ccfc... and so yeah i supported coventry as a boy and still do to some extent, and for those younguns among us coventry was apart of the top tear div 1 back then and were bad ass lol

so yeah looking forward to this, lets be honest coventry are no joke they can turn a foot when they want to so todays game should be a good 1... of course my home grown team will win and ill go for the basic 2-1 situation

bring it on

Match facts

• Cardiff City have won five of their last six home league matches against Coventry City (D1) since a 1-0 defeat in August 2007.
    • Coventry have won two of their last 13 league matches against Cardiff (D3 L8), winning at home in both the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons.
    • Cardiff are unbeaten in their last three league games, winning the previous two (D1); they last won three in succession in February.
    • Coventry are winless in their last nine league away games (D6 L3) with goalless draws in each of their last two, they’ve never previously had three successive goalless draws on the road in the Football League.
    • Cardiff’s Callum Robinson has been involved in five goals in his last five league games )2 goals, 3 assists), including in each of the last three fixtures (2 goals, 1 assist), while he’s never scored or assisted in four consecutive Football League games before.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Match facts

• Cardiff City have won five of their last six home league matches against Coventry City (D1) since a 1-0 defeat in August 2007.
    • Coventry have won two of their last 13 league matches against Cardiff (D3 L8), winning at home in both the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons.
    • Cardiff are unbeaten in their last three league games, winning the previous two (D1); they last won three in succession in February.
    • Coventry are winless in their last nine league away games (D6 L3) with goalless draws in each of their last two, they’ve never previously had three successive goalless draws on the road in the Football League.
    • Cardiff’s Callum Robinson has been involved in five goals in his last five league games )2 goals, 3 assists), including in each of the last three fixtures (2 goals, 1 assist), while he’s never scored or assisted in four consecutive Football League games before.
    So the stats point to a Sky Blues win then😠

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    So the stats point to a Sky Blues win then😠
    The Stats Are Twats

Don't worry about them

Proper CCFC 2 Soppy Tarts 0

league debut for vontae Daley Campbell!

Surprised he’s gone for Campbell rather than moving NG to right back and playing Simpson again.

Could do with a nice 2/3 nil win today cmon City.

Our former youth keeper Ben Wilson in goal for them.

jeepers...what a miss by coventry....

OMG how did they miss that

AT least we look inventive going forward now.....and a good corner to Robinson running in.
    Great cross from Knounkou.....maybe O'Dowda should have got to that.

Anyone else watching???

Interesting that panzo is playing for them, we were linked a while back but he ended up going to Forest

Hello people.

On 15th August I had my Christian Erikkson moment. I will tell you more later.

This is the first Saturday I have watched Gillette soccer special since. First time I have ever watched it from a bed in critical care!

Bless Sky Go

pathetic

Bugger me....just as I was thinking we WILL open their defence.....a challenge now...
    Can't really put blame on one player.

ralls with a back pass shot

ooh should have been 0-2...

HT 0-1

Need to up our game......good between 10 -25 mins...then energy seemed to go.

lacklustre performance

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    lacklustre performance
    I was going to use that exact same word... "lacklustre".

Harris is best as an impact sub for me, shouldn't be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Harris is best as an impact sub for me, shouldn't be starting.
    I agree

Watching the U21 game v Swansea......very lucky to beat 10-man Swans 4-3. Crole(esp) and Leahy look good - how far from Ist team are they?