+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff presses ahead with major recycling changes despite criticism from people who trialled it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cardiff presses ahead with major recycling changes despite criticism from people who trialled it

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...cling-25191161

Cardiff Council is set to expand the rollout of a split recycling scheme across the city over the next two years, despite it proving unpopular with residents in areas where the scheme was been trialled.

International

Re: Cardiff presses ahead with major recycling changes despite criticism from people who trialled it

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Cardiff Council is set to expand the rollout of a split recycling scheme across the city over the next two years, despite it proving unpopular with residents in areas where the scheme was been trialled.
    The dictatorship continues, I'll do it if they put the speed limit back to 30!

Some people won't have the resources and time and it's a good point where are people in flats and small terraced housing going to store all these smelly velcro bags, who would want to bring back in a bag covered in cats and dogs pee? I would imagine most won't bother and will fill the balck bins again instead, so they will end up with less recycling.

Re: Cardiff presses ahead with major recycling changes despite criticism from people who trialled it

Been doing this in the vale for years now. It's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Been doing this in the vale for years now. It's not that bad.
    no we don't. all recycling goes in one bag.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    no we don't. all recycling goes in one bag.
    Er .....

Orange , cardboard

White , newspapers , magazines

Blue , soft plastics , tins etc

What's this one bag you are talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Er .....

Orange , cardboard

i think its known as the bone idle bag

International

Er .....

Orange , cardboard

What if you're blind?

8% of men are colour Blind?

My recycling bags were collected at 6.30 this morning. It was still dark so I doubt that anyone could see what was in the bags anyway. Could have been food and nappies and i think they still would have been taken 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Do you currently just lob cardboard and paper in with tins and that? Savages

International

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Do you currently just lob cardboard and paper in with tins and that? Savages
    Yes we do and glass.

If they are going to do it provide outdoor caddy style bins, in differnt colours as most people would not want to bring them back indoors, and velcro bags for those that do.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes we do and glass.

If they are going to do it provide outdoor caddy style bins, in differnt colours as most people would not want to bring them back indoors, and velcro bags for those that do.
    Don’t think it’s too much to ask to separate paper and cardboard from metals and plastics. Must be a right pain to separate it once collected.

Surely most of the UK does that?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Don’t think it’s too much to ask to separate paper and cardboard from metals and plastics. Must be a right pain to separate it once collected.

Surely most of the UK does that?
    What do people in blocks of flats do?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Couldn’t tell you - will have a look what they do

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Cope.
    Been doing this voluntarily for years.
    I'm not having a going or singling you out goats, but none of this is f*cking difficult and if it's the only problems people have and have to moan about then I envy the lot of you.

Edit: and why does this have to become political?
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 12-10-22 at 18:23. Reason: Having a sh*t day!

Typical council, do a trial, fake engagement and do what the Fck they want anyway.

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Typical council, do a trial, fake engagement and do what the Fck they want anyway.
    We had a glass trial, they gave out blue caddy boxes, most I knew were happy enough with it, it seemed good the bins stayed outdoors everything was good, and they scrapped it too much hassle they said?

You could see the pissheads they had overflowing cadies and a separate green bag full on top

If you think it's good the council scrap it, if you think it's a stupid idea like this, closing castle street, 20 mile per hour, the Council/WAG implement it!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We had a glass trial, they gave out blue caddy boxes, most I knew were happy enough with it, it seemed good the bins stayed outdoors everything was good, and they scrapped it too much hassle they said?

You could see the pissheads they had overflowing cadies and a separate green bag full on top

If you think it's good the council scrap it, if you think it's a stupid idea like this, closing castle street, 20 mile per hour, the Council/WAG implement it!
    Don’t forget their 4 day week, that’s working out well….

Why the bloody hell don't you vote NOT Labour every time...even if it is a donkey with a red rosette on it. The solution is in your own hands...!
    I cannot advocate conservative (small c)...but put in an independent who has the right ideas.

Fvckwit Lib dems screwing things up round here as well. Also jobsworth at local tip is a barrier to visiting to recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Why the bloody hell don't you vote NOT Labour every time...even if it is a donkey with a red rosette on it. The solution is in your own hands...!
    I cannot advocate conservative (small c)...but put in an independent who has the right ideas.
    You dozy nerk

Tell the people in England with crap bins service to stop voting tory

This seems like a decent enough idea, it should make the processing more efficient, which is a good thing. And Workers wont have to sift through all of that disgusting filthy shit that people put into their recycling bags, like The Mail, Telegraph, The Sun..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This seems like a decent enough idea, it should make the processing more efficient, which is a good thing. And Workers wont have to sift through all of that disgusting filthy shit that people put into their recycling bags, like The Mail, Telegraph, The Sun..
    Thank the gods for some sense 👍

40 percent of responders to the survey didn't sort out their rubbish .......because it was too much effort 🤣

That's the councils fault then 😆

My god locally we have a blue bag ......plastic , tins etc

A white papers bag

An orange cardboard bag

Black bin bags every other week , grass if needed in spring and summer

What is difficult about that ?

Every Tuesday night ......out it goes

That's a labour council , no problem at all

If an elderly or disabled person or someone in a flat needs assistance you just phone the central number

My god people talk about freedom and having rights yet half the time people are half arsed about sorting out their rubbish 🗑

This isn't the old days , we can't just chuck everything out and leave it .

Seems to be the good old folks of Cardiff or certainly the moaning ones , want to have their bloody cars washed and carpets cleaned too !

Cardiff it seems is the last place to see these new routines it's a case of stepping up .

40 percent of responders to the survey didn't sort out their rubbish .......because it was too much effort 🤣

A white papers bag

An orange cardboard bag

If an elderly or disabled person or someone in a flat needs assistance you just phone the central number

My god people talk about freedom and having rights yet half the time people are half arsed about sorting out their rubbish 🗑

Seems to be the good old folks of Cardiff or certainly the moaning ones , want to have their bloody cars washed and carpets cleaned too !

Cardiff it seems is the last place to see these new routines it's a case of stepping up .
    You've summed it up beautifully there Sludge.

International

A white papers bag

An orange cardboard bag

Meanwhile in Cardiff the council is stopping issuing the yellow general waste bags and have informed us that in future we will have to buy our own black ones, which are what we were using before they made us use the yellow ones.

So we will be paying to prepare waste to be collected by an organisation we pay to collect and remove or rubbish.

Meanwhile people are living with a kaleidoscope of bin backs in their living space or leaving them in the garden where they get covered in rain rat and cat piss which you have to carry through your house every time there is a collection.
    I asked the council for a wheelie bin to keep my waste sacks in to stop them being torn open by cats/birds/rats and was told "We don't issue bins in your collection area. I had to go and buy one.