+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rees-Mogg

Rees-Mogg

Has there ever been a Minister more dislikeable than this guy?
    I'm surprised anyone with a brain would let him anywhere near cabinet, seems to me like a guaranteed vote-loser. I guess they wouldn't.

The current economic collapse is now nothing to do with the mini-fudget

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63230001

Funny thing is he expects everyone to buy this. Reminds me of the inbetweeners, Simon to briefcase

"you never think of anything! You've just got an accent that makes us think you're clever, but you're not! You're just as much of a f***ing idiot as these two!"

Re: Rees-Mogg

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Has there ever been a Minister more dislikeable than this guy?
    I'm surprised anyone with a brain would let him anywhere near cabinet, seems to me like a guaranteed vote-loser. I guess they wouldn't.

The current economic collapse is now nothing to do with the mini-fudget

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63230001

Funny thing is he expects everyone to buy this. Reminds me of the inbetweeners, Simon to briefcase

"you never think of anything! You've just got an accent that makes us think you're clever, but you're not! You're just as much of a f***ing idiot as these two!"
    The Moggster is becoming a bit of a Comical Ali parody of himself. But in fairness, he hasn't said it's nothing to do with the mini-budget, he's said it's only part of the story.

In that sense, he is right, and I think there are some questions over how the BBC are reporting all this.

Yesterday the IMF predicted the UK would have the fastest growing economy in the G7 for 2022. The BBC's headline? relatively obscure sub section of the report about rising prices. It is fair to question the news agenda here.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63206733

Likewise, as of this moment, the £ is down 2.22% against the dollar this week. Not great. But the Euro is down 2.12%. Almost identical. This is the truth, but it really is not reflected in the tone of the BBC's reporting, which personally speaking has been poor IMO.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/currencies

Govt Bonds undoubtedly have risen, and sharply after the mini budget, which was delivered very poorly, but all govt bonds are rising both this year and in the last month in particular; several faster than ours.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/bonds

The budget was an incident that they could talk about, but the underlying issues are more complex, long running and impacting every country - that is unquestionably. true.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The Moggster is becoming a bit of a Comical Ali parody of himself. But in fairness, he hasn't said it's nothing to do with the mini-budget, he's said it's only part of the story.
    He didn’t really recognise it as part of the story, saying it’s “ more to do with interest rates than a minor part of fiscal policy." Minor! Very dismissive.
    These are the biggest tax cuts in how many years on the fly.
    Brush it under the carpet though, nothing to see here, it’s all just a massive coincidence.
    After his track record with boris and now truss, he’s a loyal lapdog, at least

I listened to the interview on Times radio which was much more open and detailed, he certainly knows his stuff , he did say the budget did flex the markets as do many other budgets and government decisions , he also pointed out the interest rates and mortgages have been steadily rising since Covid .. and the government's budget wasn't the singe reason for interest rates , mortgages and pension liabilities wobbling, , no one is thimking about the fact house prices were already grossly inflated fecting first time buyers opportunity, with crazy lower interest rates allowing people buying beyond their means and putting themselves at risk . ( rates were always going to rise the BOE predicted this before the budget )

I do wonder at times how the bank of England decisions are made is it via algorithms , is it political, is it always right ? Do they dislike Truss who questioned their independence in her leadership campaign, do they hate Brexit , so many questions ?

The world's economy is in a very dangerous place , won't take much more to see a potential conflict spiral out of control.,then we can worry ..

Ladies And Gentlemen

You have just listened to a party political broadcast by the Conservative Party .

Thank you 😊

Why that man should be nowhere near the Cabinet or the House of Commons in fact;-

https://www.politicshome.com/news/ar...d-common-sense

https://www.theguardian.com/business...navirus-crisis

Despite the absolute shit show caused by this government the usual Tory apologists are out in force. Embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Despite the absolute shit show caused by this government the usual Tory apologists are out in force. Embarrassing!
    It's cringeworthy stuff

Yeah but no but what about....

Listen .....stfu ......the government are a basket case .....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's cringeworthy stuff

Yeah but no but what about....

Listen .....stfu ......the government are a basket case .....
    Aren't you an internationalist? Do you only care about the news and issues affecting old blighty?

Aren't you an internationalist? Do you only care about the news and issues affecting old blighty?
    And ladies

It's a reaction to your continual attempt to defend the Tories

People seem to have had enough of it now and I don't blame them

Frontbenchers of the Tories and Labour in the 80’s and 90’s compared to today are miles apart. We used to have intellectual heavyweights and genuine public servants. We now have yes men/women who only serve themselves. We have the worst ever politicians at exactly the worst time.

So who is to blame in other countries?

Who is to blame in Germany? In Spain? In Sweden? In Poland? In Netherlands?

The Govt aren't blameless at all, but if more or less the same thing is happening elsewhere then quite likely you are misdiagnosing the problem in blaming "the tories". And when you misdiagnose a problem, you never solve it.

Who do you blame in those countries then Sludge? Tories there too?

First Team

The Govt aren't blameless at all, but if more or less the same thing is happening elsewhere then quite likely you are misdiagnosing the problem in blaming "the tories". And when you misdiagnose a problem, you never solve it.

Here we go again. It isn't "more or less the same thing". The UK through the utter idiocy of the Tory leadership have thrown the UK into a nosedive worse than other countries. Even the Tories themselves (sensible ones) have started pointing this out to their own leaders.

One person disagreed with him. Calm your arse down ffs

Don't expect a logical answer.
    Nato's War with Russia is causing all this but everyone seems too afraid to say it

Quote Originally Posted by HyperboreanCCFC View Post
    One person disagreed with him. Calm your arse down ffs

Rees Mogg or Billy Bunter on here ?

James Wales has a track record of taking it up the arris for the tory party

It's tiresome and people are pulling him up on it all the time now , I am certainly not in a small minority

You tory twerp

Nato's War with Russia is causing all this but everyone seems too afraid to say it
    That's what Liz Truss said

So you can bin that

It’s was the BBC and Bank of England wot dun it.

First Team

No. It. Isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    No. It. Isn't.
    Yes it is, interest rates are climbing around the West, Japan's currency is at a 30 year low to the dollar, Euro losing ground to the dollar. Inflation and stagnant growth are the ripples felt from America's insane war in Ukraine. Defend their insane war all you want but Tulsi Gabbard had it right when she left the Democrats

Yes it is, interest rates are climbing around the West, Japan's currency is at a 30 year low to the dollar, Euro losing ground to the dollar. Inflation and stagnant growth are the ripples felt from America's insane war in Ukraine. Defend their insane war all you want but Tulsi Gabbard had it right when she left the Democrats
    If that's the case why did the PM sack arguably her closest ally today, and effectively make herself a dead man walking