+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurozone Doing Liz Economics

Eurozone Doing Liz Economics

More Liz Truss Economics :

Financial Times Reports , Eurozone economy
    ECB warns of potential for ‘self-reinforcing’ inflation
    OCTOBER 7, 2022.

I note Europe government's lending / borrowing to deal with cost living is at odds with Eurozone Banks..

Re: Eurozone Doing Liz Economics

UK unemployment rate falls to 3.5%, the lowest since 1974.

not sure what to make of these stats with all the impending doom and gloom around the world

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    UK unemployment rate falls to 3.5%, the lowest since 1974.

not sure what to make of these stats with all the impending doom and gloom around the world
    The ONS definition of ‘unemployment’ is -

“people without a job who have been actively seeking work within the last four weeks and are available to start work within the next two weeks.

The unemployment rate is not the proportion of the total population who are unemployed.”

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...r2022#glossary

So basically we've got a bunch of unemployed people not included in this statistic. Even then working poverty is growing and wages have stagnated.

It's absolutely good news that the unemployment rate is falling. People can talk about benefits or inequality and all the rest, but being unemployed impacts on your life more than anything. Things are never all good or all bad, and unemployment falling is good.

A lower unemployment rate is obviously better than a higher one, although insecure, low paid and benefits reliant jobs still form a big part of the UK labour market.

The same data release showed that the number of economically inactive (not in work or looking for work) was the highest since records began in 1971.

More vacancies than UK unemployed seeking work - for the first time since records began too. Brexit effect?

Quarterly wage rise 6% (including bonuses) but inflation running at 10%.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...35-2022-10-11/

Unemployment is falling but is that the real picture?

"The number of people not looking for work because they are suffering from a long-term illness has hit a record high. The fall in the number looking for work has helped to push the unemployment rate to its lowest for nearly 50 years. The number of job vacancies fell again, although the level still remains high with many firms struggling to recruit."

Screenshot 2022-10-11 113340.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63204333

People on here like to knock Liz, but she is doing a fantastic job of following the orders from above. There will be lot's of "I told you so" to come, but that's the whole point of the dynamic duo, they are the fall guys. Enjoy the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can see it's a graph - but no idea what it is about or what it says.

Is it the number of hourly instructions received by Liz Truss from the Dallas Bunker?

Or the % of the world population who have woken up each day with Covid-shot black eyes?

Actually, don't tell me. It's more fun to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A lower unemployment rate is obviously better than a higher one, although insecure, low paid and benefits reliant jobs still form a big part of the UK labour market.

The same data release showed that the number of economically inactive (not in work or looking for work) was the highest since records began in 1971.

More vacancies than UK unemployed seeking work - for the first time since records began too. Brexit effect?

Quarterly wage rise 6% (including bonuses) but inflation running at 10%.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...35-2022-10-11/
    Communist

Load of bollocks

Bank Of England are seriously worried about the economy as the chancellors need to make savage cuts in spending

But hey ho......the resident tory idiots on here will back up their generals

Who it appears are leading us all into hell

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Load of bollocks

Bank Of England are seriously worried about the economy as the chancellors need to make savage cuts in spending

Extremely low unemployment HELL i'm telling you 😄

I can see it's a graph - but no idea what it is about or what it says.

Is it the number of hourly instructions received by Liz Truss from the Dallas Bunker?

Or the % of the world population who have woken up each day with Covid-shot black eyes?

Actually, don't tell me. It's more fun to guess.
    Gilts are back to where they were prior to the BOE intervention, so keep an eye on the pound and interest & mortgage rates, as things could get brutal pretty quickly.

Load of bollocks

I admire your sentiment, but it will make more sense when you see the solution. The global economy will be restructured, and everybody will blame tizzy Lizzy and others like her.

Gilts are back to where they were prior to the BOE intervention, so keep an eye on the pound and interest & mortgage rates, as things could get brutal pretty quickly.
    Ah, gilts. Thanks for that. How much did the BOE splurge this time to put a break on the rise?

Big day of economic data tomorrow morning at 7am chaps. Monthly GDP, Construction output, manufacturing data, goods trade balance.

Concerned some of you may be unable to sleep tonight

https://tradingeconomics.com/calendar

Ah, gilts. Thanks for that. How much did the BOE splurge this time to put a break on the rise?
    I think it ends on Friday but don't quote me on that, and there could also be some announcements by the chancellor. Lot's of people are speculating about their pensions and mortgages, etc. Listen to Radio 4 at 5pm if you can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_fourfm

Bank of England in fresh emergency move to calm markets - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63211743

More QE funny money to further debase the currency resulting in higher inflation.

We are having our pockets picked.

I did raise the prospects of bank bail-ins recently, meaning unlike 2008 it will be a percentage depositors' money that will be confiscated to save banks and not governments riding to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperboreanCCFC View Post
    Extremely low unemployment HELL i'm telling you 😄
    It's not unemployment we need to be concerned about

It's rising inflation , interest rates and the fact that liz truss is in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I did raise the prospects of bank bail-ins recently, meaning unlike 2008 it will be a percentage depositors' money that will be confiscated to save banks and not governments riding to the rescue.

Was his teleprompter hacked? This is the dumbest possible thing you can say https://t.co/R9xIVOdDZP
    — zerohedge (@zerohedge) October 11, 2022
    So it looks like those £3,000 might be a thing after all

It's not unemployment we need to be concerned about

It's rising inflation , interest rates and the fact that liz truss is in charge
    The danger is that pension funds collapse, mortgage rates go through the roof leading to widespread default, businesses facing insolvency, and you could probably toss in a run on the banks while you are at it. Obviously this is a worst case scenario!

So it looks like those £3,000 might be a thing after all
    ^^^^ £3,000 coats

Rishi Sunak has gone very quiet. The fact that he hasn't come out with the "I told you so" line in response to the mess Truss and Karteng have created, is to his credit I think. IIRC he was against borrowing as a means of reducing taxes and burdening the next generation with a massive national debt which is exactly where we are heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Rishi Sunak has gone very quiet. The fact that he hasn't come out with the "I told you so" line in response to the mess Truss and Karteng have created, is to his credit I think. IIRC he was against borrowing as a means of reducing taxes and burdening the next generation with a massive national debt which is exactly where we are heading.
    Please tell me you have seen the light and won't be voting for this lot 🙏