+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robbie Coltrane - RIP

Robbie Coltrane - RIP

Left the building age 72, I read on the twin town thread that Paul Durden had died earlier this year so it made me think of the comic strip presents the Strike Robbie was brilliant in that and it was all filmed up the valleys

RIP big man.

Re: Robbie Coltrane - RIP

RIP

Sad news. Great actor.

RIP Robbie, I will always fondly remember nuns on the run, mainly because it was one of my first sight of female boob in the shower scene

Great Actor.
    I loved Fitz in Cracker.

loved him..RIP

Never really saw the funny side of him but sad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Great Actor.
    I loved Fitz in Cracker.
    That episode with him and Robert Carlyle as the Liverpool fan getting revenge for Hillsborough was superb.

Not sure why but I was convinced he died about 10 years ago. I know Mel Smith croaked it so maybe I just muddled them up. I was convinced he’d been brown bread for years though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Not sure why but I was convinced he died about 10 years ago. I know Mel Smith croaked it so maybe I just muddled them up. I was convinced he’d been brown bread for years though.
    Mel Smith died??

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Mel Smith died??
    Alas..

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Don't think he'd been well for years. Hardly been seen in public and when he was he was either using a stick or in a wheelchair.

Thought he was great from The Comic Strip to Cracker. My wife grew up with his daughter and she used to go to their house after school. She said he was a fantastic bloke, very dry, very funny but a bit scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Left the building age 72, I read on the twin town thread that Paul Durden had died earlier this year so it made me think of the comic strip presents the Strike Robbie was brilliant in that and it was all filmed up the valleys

RIP big man.
    Strange connection, I knew Paul for 30 years and my wife knew Robbie's daughter growing up in Brentford. The old six degrees of separation

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That episode with him and Robert Carlyle as the Liverpool fan getting revenge for Hillsborough was superb.
    Yes that was a superb episode in an excellent series

Yes, brilliant television and I'd rate Fitz as one of the great British television characters.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Strange connection, I knew Paul for 30 years and my wife knew Robbie's daughter growing up in Brentford. The old six degrees of separation
    Yeah sometimes it’s a small world, I always thought that the strike was about Paul in some way’s, I met him once or twice but I know Ray Jones really well. As for Robbie, he was always out and about partying in London in the mid eighties mostly in illegal warehouse party’s.

Yes it was.
    Heartbreaking and riveting....might watch that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yeah sometimes it’s a small world, I always thought that the strike was about Paul in some way’s, I met him once or twice but I know Ray Jones really well. As for Robbie, he was always out and about partying in London in the mid eighties mostly in illegal warehouse party’s.
    Ray is a full on character. My mate works in a bookies and occasionally covers the Swansea shop. He asked me recently if I knew a really loud bloke called Bunna 😂
    Is he still full of Joe Strummer stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Ray is a full on character. My mate works in a bookies and occasionally covers the Swansea shop. He asked me recently if I knew a really loud bloke called Bunna 😂
    Is he still full of Joe Strummer stories?
    🤣 yeah he’s still around the portobello road and has mad mad energy, he wrote a book about his drinking escapades called drowning on dry land😂a few years back.