+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt

So now he's gone ahead and scrapped everything Truss has brought in,

He's PM by proxy right?

The tax cut isn't even delayed, it's delayed INDEFINITELY.

So what is the point of Liz Truss? Surely after today's announcement, there is nowhere for her to turn.

Think they may have just become a bit more unpopular. General Election is the only way.

Re: Jeremy Hunt

The national insurance rise still remains scrapped I believe but yes most things still going. What annoys with the energy crisis is the government wants to bail out peoples bills, or put the cap on as they say to cover it but why are the prices so high in the first place as these companies were making billions of profit before the ukraine war. More nuclear reactors or a lot more renewable energy needed asap.

As regards to Truss, she looks doomed already. Sad as we don't want to see this mess and its looks like hunt is trying to sort it out but i think everyone is just fed up of the cock ups now. Tory, Labour or whoever you vote we've all had enough of this nonsense, resignations and incompetence . Get a reasonable plan people aren't going to lose their shit at and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The national insurance rise still remains scrapped I believe but yes most things still going. What annoys with the energy crisis is the government wants to bail out peoples bills, or put the cap on as they say to cover it but why are the prices so high in the first place as these companies were making billions of profit before the ukraine war. More nuclear reactors or a lot more renewable energy needed asap.

As regards to Truss, she looks doomed already. Sad as we don't want to see this mess and its looks like hunt is trying to sort it out but i think everyone is just fed up of the cock ups now. Tory, Labour or whoever you vote we've all had enough of this nonsense, resignations and incompetence . Get a reasonable plan people aren't going to lose their shit at and stick to it.
    Yes, I agree that for years there should've been the foresight to make our energy supply more secure.

But wow, I'm lost for words with how they've dealt with this. They've announced everything then said "only joking!" that's all gone!
    Whatever your politics, and I think I'm repeating myself, they are a total and utter, unmitigated shambles of a government.

There we go, don't moan about high taxes , or austerity as the dosh has to come from somewhere ???????

As the government has price capped the energy which will cost a fortune if the gas /electricity rise because of external matters so look out whoever you support ,hence the chaos .

There is only so much you can pay via windfall taxes ..

Governments around the world are doing the same and are also in conflict with banks views on borrowing , bonds selling is under pressure ..

Why announce at 11am Monday ?? what was he told last night all I say is LDI sssssh...

If anyone thinks a different government are deluded , you only get one statement windfall ,windfall ,windfall ,windfall , not efficiencies, not public sector controls , and pay rise support will really kick inflation into the unknown figures also forecasted by the B of E last year ,so how does Labour square all this and appeal will be of interest , if they have the correct answerer's I will tick the box ,I'm still awaiting to read them though ?

I remember Brown and John Smith RIP having the same conflicts...

Cock ups? It's all planned and you ain't going back to your old life. This is the great reset that we were told was coming, but unfortunately most people thought it was all a loony conspiracy theory.

We now know who is in charge ,and its the Bank of England .

If Labour thinks quietly supporting excessive wage demands , and applying tax windfalls after windfall is the answer they are barmy , may gets a lot more seats , and if power with Lib's /SNP , however they would face worse than this , and so will the person in the streets at the lower end of pay scales .. and re joining single market is the big debate and a worry for Labour that Lib's SNP will want ??

Glad to see the NI reduction is left in ........

I agree that with our resources the UK should be able to weather any kind of global energy price storm, however the free market dictates the prices the wholesalers sell at, petrochems are sold in dollars to those who pay the most. It is also the wholesalers (Shell, BP etc) that are making the massive profits and not the retailers (the energy companies). Given the furore made by quite a large part of population regarding the BoE's intervention to prop up pension funds and the gilts market, and given that the very same pension funds that required BoE support also invest heavily in petrochems, the logical conclusion is that that the significant profits earned by the wholesalers are to be welcomed given (i) they pay an effective rate of tax of over 60% and the profits support better pensions.

Markets 1 Government 0 want a game of two half's , government couldn't handle their physicality ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Markets 1 Government 0 want a game of two half's , government couldn't handle their physicality ..
    With the goal scored straight from the kick off when Truss turned the ball into her own net.

Yes and I think one of the quickest ever seen ,since this start of the crazy season , could be facing relegation ..

Yes and I think one of the quickest ever seen ,since this start of the crazy season , could be facing relegation ..
    In dire need of the new manager bounce

It's not all governments though is it ?

The Tories are in charge . 12 years .

Nobody else's fault .

Tories .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not all governments though is it ?

The Tories are in charge . 12 years .

Nobody else's fault .

Tories .
    I know bloody crazy, they have a had such a soft era :

No financial market crash with banks going to the wall .

No pandemic that saw billions spent to save jobs and lives.

No Brexit and the attempts by many to overturn a democratic vote eating up government planning.

No mass movement of migrants .

No loopy USA Presidents swaying the markets .

No war in Europe effecting food and energy.

No Brexit and the attempts by many to overturn a democratic vote eating up government planning.

No right wing nutters taking charge with fantasy politics.

Blaming the faults of Brexit on remainers wanting to overturn the vote is a funny one. The Tories have had a majority power for the whole time since we’ve left the EU. Every opposing MP could piss and shit all over Westminster as a form of protest and the Tories could still do whatever they wanted in regards to Brexit.

The mass movement of migrants was allegedly solved by Brexit. If it hasn’t been, that’s the fault of the Tories. As a cynic I think having a “migrant crisis” is a net positive for the Tories. They have a scapegoat demographic to target and can look like their busy fixing it whilst doing very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Blaming the faults of Brexit on remainers wanting to overturn the vote is a funny one. The Tories have had a majority power for the whole time since we’ve left the EU. Every opposing MP could piss and shit all over Westminster as a form of protest and the Tories could still do whatever they wanted in regards to Brexit.

The mass movement of migrants was allegedly solved by Brexit. If it hasn’t been, that’s the fault of the Tories. As a cynic I think having a “migrant crisis” is a net positive for the Tories. They have a scapegoat demographic to target and can look like their busy fixing it whilst doing very little.
    If it's one thing the Tories excel at it's brainwashing. Boy they are the best; it keeps them in power.

Excuses

Your mob

12 years

Of course when Labour were faced with a worldwide financial meltdown .........you fully understood ......which is why your Tories backed the rescue plan

Then when the general election came along .....forgot 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With the goal scored straight from the kick off when Truss turned the ball into her own net.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    In dire need of the new manager bounce
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ards-trap-door

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    If it's one thing the Tories excel at it's brainwashing. Boy they are the best; it keeps them in power.
    Good grief. There's one thing having courage in your convictions, there's another suggesting those who don't share your world view have been brainwashed.

You're a rather conceited narcissist.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Good grief. There's one thing having courage in your convictions, there's another suggesting those who don't share your world view have been brainwashed.

Heavens, so says the most conceited fool on the board, what a laugh!

You're clearly not a psychologist.

I'm not aware of any narcissistic personality traits I possess. I haven't an inflated ego (but guess who has!). I certainly do not lack empathy and have no need for attention. Neither do I suffer any repressed insecurities that I'm aware of. Is this just the latest epithet you've suddenly come across and thought you'd show off by using it on a football message board?

And all this from a troubled reactionary!

Dorcus, why are Conservative voters more likely to be brainwashed than Labour?

My Dad has voted for different parties over the years. My mum, resolutely will always, always vote Labour. Conversations about the economy or policies are irrelevant. She will always vote Labour. I wouldn't call her brainwashed at all, but she certainly thinks far less about it than my Dad ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

My Dad has voted for different parties over the years. My mum, resolutely will always, always vote Labour. Conversations about the economy or policies are irrelevant. She will always vote Labour. I wouldn't call her brainwashed at all, but she certainly thinks far less about it than my Dad ever did.
    James I'm not sufficiently medically qualified to answer your question I'm afraid. My hunch is it's mainly because of the lavish spending the Tories are fortunate enough to be able to regularly allocate to their propaganda campaign.

My mother would never have dreamt of voting anything but Tory. I disagreed with her wholeheartedly but accepted she had an unshakeable belief in Tory values which from my point of view never offered her anything in life apart from some internal vindication and solace.

My father on the other hand readily admitted he had no real interest in politics beyond naked self interest, and flipped political support regularly. I thought less of him for it even though he usually voted anything but Tory.

It's just my personal belief that if the vast number of floating voters really bothered to study the philosophies of all political parties in much more depth we would end up with far less floating voters.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Just observing in from the fence here. I'd say that conservative voters are brainwashed in that they sloganeer, they use the press very cleverly, they create enemies for the public and cause issues to distract, see immigrants as an example. The AGC was a really poor attempt, because it's caught on in a comedic rather than serious way. They brainwash the middle classes that they're the party for them, although it's actually only the richest in society who benefit.

There are so many voters in Wales and the North like your mum. In a way they've been brainwashed, but by the Conservatives. They've been brainwashed through experience that they can't trust them. Nothing good can come from them. It's the people who will call them Tory scum and so on. Those who got treated so badly and had industries destroyed and walked over many years ago, won't forgive or forget.

I'd vote labour because I've got too much of a social conscience to vote for this lot. I don't feel brainwashed, but I guess if I am, then I wouldn't know!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Heavens, so says the most conceited fool on the board, what a laugh!

You're clearly not a psychologist.

I'm not aware of any narcissistic personality traits I possess. I haven't an inflated ego (but guess who has!). I certainly do not lack empathy and have no need for attention. Neither do I suffer any repressed insecurities that I'm aware of. Is this just the latest epithet you've suddenly come across and thought you'd show off by using it on a football message board?

And all this from a troubled reactionary!
    There's so much to unpack here, but one
    point more evident than anything else is your diatribe is nothing more than a smokescreen designed to obfuscate the point being made.

People support parties for a variety of reasons. There's no right or wrong, as by and large it's based the individuals life experiences and expectations.

I suppose we can add delusional to your list of character traits

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post

It's not brainwashing

It's lying

Truss has been at it already and she's only just started !

Tosspots