+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 23 Years of Labour Led NHS in Wales

Re: 23 Years of Labour Led NHS in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Have you ever looked at spending as a % of GDP on healthcare for a range of comparable nations? The UK are hardly what you'd call big spenders.
    All this talk that the spending on the NHS is a year on year increase is no good if the spending is not high enough

Either we spend enough or we come up with an alternative to what we have

Mistakes are always going to be made across the UK nations in terms of targets , priorities, administration

You cannot have an organisation as huge as the NHS without a lot of people running it from behind the scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No wonder Drakeford was so livid. Farmer Giles turning up and having the nerve to point the finger when it’s his government starving the uk of cash for public services.
    “Farmer Giles “ how childish, akin to FakeFord , you whopper.

Ultimately the First Minister has to take responsibility and accountability: especially if the policy area is devolved.

How much did he waste on the M4 relief road , was it £145m? This money could have been reallocated into the NHS rather than wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No wonder Drakeford was so livid. Farmer Giles turning up and having the nerve to point the finger when it’s his government starving the uk of cash for public services.
    It's not about pointing the finger, it's about holding the govt to account. It could be your family member waiting for an ambulance next, it's a perfectly legitimate question.

The Tories have also massively increased NHS spending, and aside from anything else, Wales gets a block grant and can allocate money to whatever departments they so wish.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's not about pointing the finger, it's about holding the govt to account. It could be your family member waiting for an ambulance next, it's a perfectly legitimate question.

The Tories have also massively increased NHS spending, and aside from anything else, Wales gets a block grant and can allocate money to whatever departments they so wish.
    They are where they are with the resources they have.
    Do we deserve better than how it is? Absolutely.
    Do I think any other party would do any better? I haven't seen anything to suggest so.
    Do I think that the Welsh Tories would do better? Do me a favour.
    I actually was quite pleased to see a bit of vitriol from Dripford yesterday. I don't know why the Tories keep electing people like Retweet Davies, if they got someone who was vaguely likeable it would be a good start.

Oh god every thread denigrating Welsh Labour and every thread about the tories you are on it like a rash . Stop trying to pretend you are not a raving tory like the other tory who started this thread. Both raving tory boys .

The Tories have increased money to the nhs because they have no choice . Its not an ideological decision ff sake , stop painting them in a good light to support your sickly sycophantic agenda .,you remind of that ginger royal reporter , fawning nonsense .

If you want a house painted but can't pay for it and need 500 quid if I only give you 250 quid it's going to be shite

The Welsh government need more money to paint their house and your tory boys won't give them enough .

It's no more complicated than that .

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    “Farmer Giles “ how childish, akin to FakeFord , you whopper.

Ultimately the First Minister has to take responsibility and accountability: especially if the policy area is devolved.

How much did he waste on the M4 relief road , was it £145m? This money could have been reallocated into the NHS rather than wasted.
    Gosh you deffo ain't a tory , who are you trying to kid

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    They are where they are with the resources they have.
    Do we deserve better than how it is? Absolutely.
    Do I think any other party would do any better? I haven't seen anything to suggest so.
    Do I think that the Welsh Tories would do better? Do me a favour.
    I actually was quite pleased to see a bit of vitriol from Dripford yesterday. I don't know why the Tories keep electing people like Retweet Davies, if they got someone who was vaguely likeable it would be a good start.
    RT Davies is a millionaire landowner , he knows nothing about ordinary people

Typical tory

Mr Drakeford cut millions as Health Sectary post Covid nought .

Vanity projects delivered over the years nought said

Yes e lost his temper this week on a question about waiting times which is an allowable question to be asked

He's also lost his rag recently with Plaid leader , one wonders if the honeymoon and fame is over and we are back to normal policy's failures which were there pre Covid ..

Lets have more AM cost or ambulances is a good debate ???

Living wage v health now is another debate ?

Better public transport to take cars off the road not slow them down ffs

Just read up on education performance ,sepsis deaths , children in social care , transport access to grow Wales wating lists pre covid .

I'm not defending the awful recent naïve government decisions we can call question call the First Minsters won performance and budget spend , you cant have it just one way ..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Oh god every thread denigrating Welsh Labour and every thread about the tories you are on it like a rash . Stop trying to pretend you are not a raving tory like the other tory who started this thread. Both raving tory boys .

The Tories have increased money to the nhs because they have no choice . Its not an ideological decision ff sake , stop painting them in a good light to support your sickly sycophantic agenda .,you remind of that ginger royal reporter , fawning nonsense .

If you want a house painted but can't pay for it and need 500 quid if I only give you 250 quid it's going to be shite

The Welsh government need more money to paint their house and your tory boys won't give them enough .

It's no more complicated than that .
    Or they use the money in these times on critical services if that is being a Tory so be it , get rid of free prescriptions , free bus passes and health care for those who can afford it .

Take free bus travel away from folk with good earnings and give it to lowly paid workers

Use the WAG tax raising powers raise the tax on those over 80k a year share that with the vulnerable workers /

Cease unoccupied buildings and provide cheap housing , get those off job seekers ,trained and into work there a lot of jobs I know of 3 family members living in clover on benefits , takeaways , booze and fags , and are laughing at its title job seeking , benefits, carer . will they do it no it doesn't give you votes

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Or they use the money in these times on critical services if that is being a Tory so be it , get rid of free prescriptions , free bus passes and health care for those who can afford it .

Take free bus travel away from folk with good earnings and give it to lowly paid workers

Use the WAG tax raising powers raise the tax on those over 80k a year share that with the vulnerable workers /

Cease unoccupied buildings and provide cheap housing , get those off job seekers ,trained and into work there a lot of jobs I know of 3 family members living in clover on benefits , takeaways , booze and fags , and are laughing at its title job seeking , benefits, carer . will they do it no it doesn't give you votes
    Yeah there's a bloke down the road with no legs claiming universal credit who paints in his spare time !

I have asked someone on here who wants free prescriptions axed to find out if its cost effective 🤔

Typical tory
    He was literally asking a question posed by ordinary people about an issue (ambulance response times) that impact upon ordinary people.

He was literally asking a question posed by ordinary people about an issue (ambulance response times) that impact upon ordinary people.
    He was , quite literally, using people he couldn't care less about , to try and gain political advantage whilst his UK government cock up the country's finances which mean the Welsh health budget will , quite literally , be slashed

Quite literally

Gosh you deffo ain't a tory , who are you trying to kid
    As I’ve said I’ve told you my political persuasion, but even if I was so what ?

He was , quite literally, using people he couldn't care less about , to try and gain political advantage whilst his UK government cock up the country's finances which mean the Welsh health budget will , quite literally , be slashed

Quite literally
    He's trying to get an answer for them from the bloke ultimately responsible. You are dismissing the issue. Sounds like he cares about it more than you do.

Typical tory
    Much the same as a mulit-millionaire lawyer

Yeah there's a bloke down the road with no legs claiming universal credit who paints in his spare time !

I have asked someone on here who wants free prescriptions axed to find out if its cost effective 🤔
    SF...I'm fed up of you twisting things around to suit your tune. You should try a new career as a politician. Im not against free prescriptions for all as in Wales. I am against people getting prescriptions for cheap over the counter items as it costs the NHS a lot of money. In Wales, some years ago when we mirrored England for prescription charges, by far the majority of people paid nothing. As I said before, and you either did not read or did not absorb the data, those who need medicines most..chronic illness, elderly, etc paid nothing.

From your ramblings Ive got a clue about your political colour, and you seem to believe in nothing other than the magic money tree that can cure all ills. To understand the NHS, and you don't, you need to realise that its focus is on process, not patients, and interia is built into its systems.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Fair point, I remember Geoffrey Cox well.

He's trying to get an answer for them from the bloke ultimately responsible. You are dismissing the issue. Sounds like he cares about it more than you do.
    🤣

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    SF...I'm fed up of you twisting things around to suit your tune. You should try a new career as a politician. Im not against free prescriptions for all as in Wales. I am against people getting prescriptions for cheap over the counter items as it costs the NHS a lot of money. In Wales, some years ago when we mirrored England for prescription charges, by far the majority of people paid nothing. As I said before, and you either did not read or did not absorb the data, those who need medicines most..chronic illness, elderly, etc paid nothing.

From your ramblings Ive got a clue about your political colour, and you seem to believe in nothing other than the magic money tree that can cure all ills. To understand the NHS, and you don't, you need to realise that its focus is on process, not patients, and interia is built into its systems.
    That all sounds very romantic

What I asked you was to provide me with some evidence that free prescriptions should be wiped , across the board

If you can do that , and you surely can, then post it on here and I will end up agreeing with you that they should

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Absolutely but Drakeford isn't a multi millionaire lawyer

That all sounds very romantic

What I asked you was to provide me with some evidence that free prescriptions should be wiped , across the board

If you can do that , and you surely can, then post it on here and I will end up agreeing with you that they should
    You seem incapable of reading the print properly...I never said that free prescriptions should be wiped. Maybe a good NHS optician would help you?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    You seem incapable of reading the print properly...I never said that free prescriptions should be wiped. Maybe a good NHS optician would help you?
    How else would these people going to get free paracetamol from the GP .....because its free ......get it ......if we didn't have free prescriptions?

That to me was a clear intimation you wanted it scrapped and reorganised

£9.35 an item in England.

Massive positive of devolution.

As I’ve said I’ve told you my political persuasion, but even if I was so what ?
    I don't like Tories, it's no more complicated than that