Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
This is slightly ironic from the guy who spent post after post trying to claim that a half asleep Joe Allen booting Yarmolenko instead of the ball was fine and definitely not a penalty.

I'm not sure what Simpson and Wintle have done wrong here. The initial challenge on Armstrong from Ng is weak and Kipre (having lost the initial aerial challenge with Dykes) then has the chance to bring him down but gives him extra momentum with a push in the back instead so those two deserve some criticism. The other two are blameless as far as I can see.

Chair has pushed into the centre forward position and Simpson starts to follow him as he drifts wide but quickly sees the danger as Armstrong breaks forward and has him covered. Wintle also picks up the run and both are in a perfect position to get a tackle in but don't need to as Armstrong's last touch is too heavy. Wintle sees this and immediately points to Allsop to collect it, which he does.

Simpson and Armstrong put arms across each other but Simpson has got himself just ahead and Armstrong can't get past, seems to fall in the effort to do so and brings Simpson down. If this isn't what happened then why did the red card get overturned?

I saw Armstrong down here for their under-21s recently, really impressive. So much pace and power but he was clumsy on this occasion and Simpson dealt with it perfectly as far as I could see. A ridiculous decision from the referee. Apart from anything else it meant a wasted evening for my youngest who'd come all the way from Hampstead to watch it.
You win.