+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You can’t keep on blaming the officials all of the time – City have not been good enough in their last two games.

Re: You can’t keep on blaming the officials all of the time – City have not been good enough in their last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Exactly.Simpson was the wrong side to start with and playing catch up because he wasn't switched on. We were terrible, even when we had 11 on the pitch.The ref got it wrong, but it seems that we can't talk about the shambles that led up to the incident.
    But they were defending legally, the only one making a mistake was the referee

Re: You can’t keep on blaming the officials all of the time – City have not been good enough in their last two games.

Exactly.Simpson was the wrong side to start with and playing catch up because he wasn't switched on. We were terrible, even when we had 11 on the pitch.The ref got it wrong, but it seems that we can't talk about the shambles that led up to the incident.
    Agreed, say the QPR player had got in a shot early after running through three of our defenders in exactly the same manner and scored - people would be up in arms about our shocking defending.

Our defender had caught up and got in front of their player who then dived..
    So at that point if the ref had not given anything for the dive we would have no doubt cleared the ball and wouldnt have been a goal and player down

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    So at that point if the ref had not given anything for the dive we would have no doubt cleared the ball and wouldnt have been a goal and player down
    I give up......

I give up......
    I'm in your corner but throwing the towel in is all that's left!

With football being the way it is we are not in the running for any sort of promotion so we need to have a side good enough to keep us out of that bottom 3

That's the trap door

If we can get three or 4 places away from that , or higher , then the odd dodgy ref decision can be coped with

At the moment I think we are going down

We don't have a strong spine in fact we are lightweight

The only good thing we have is good movement up front from the new boy and o dowda supplying

We are one of 7 or 8 teams in danger and at present I wouldn't put money on us staying up

The point is TOBW is right , poor referring decisions are not going to send us down , we can do that all by ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    With football being the way it is we are not in the running for any sort of promotion so we need to have a side good enough to keep us out of that bottom 3

That's the trap door

If we can get three or 4 places away from that , or higher , then the odd dodgy ref decision can be coped with

At the moment I think we are going down

We don't have a strong spine in fact we are lightweight

The only good thing we have is good movement up front from the new boy and o dowda supplying

We are one of 7 or 8 teams in danger and at present I wouldn't put money on us staying up

The point is TOBW is right , poor referring decisions are not going to send us down , we can do that all by ourselves

The ref wouldn't have made a mistake (and i don't think that it was a massive one) if the two clowns chasing the player down had been switched on, on their toes, anticipating what could happen, instead of standing about with their thumb up their arses. I'm sorry, and i know that it sounds harsh, but these players are professionals, Simpson knew the risk he was taking by putting his arm across, and he didn't put him arm across the player because he wanted to feel the quality of cloth the shirt was made out of. It was a cute foul, because he got himself in a horrendous position. People go in harder at call centre workers than they do City players for making **** ups
    This is slightly ironic from the guy who spent post after post trying to claim that a half asleep Joe Allen booting Yarmolenko instead of the ball was fine and definitely not a penalty.

I'm not sure what Simpson and Wintle have done wrong here. The initial challenge on Armstrong from Ng is weak and Kipre (having lost the initial aerial challenge with Dykes) then has the chance to bring him down but gives him extra momentum with a push in the back instead so those two deserve some criticism. The other two are blameless as far as I can see.

Chair has pushed into the centre forward position and Simpson starts to follow him as he drifts wide but quickly sees the danger as Armstrong breaks forward and has him covered. Wintle also picks up the run and both are in a perfect position to get a tackle in but don't need to as Armstrong's last touch is too heavy. Wintle sees this and immediately points to Allsop to collect it, which he does.

Simpson and Armstrong put arms across each other but Simpson has got himself just ahead and Armstrong can't get past, seems to fall in the effort to do so and brings Simpson down. If this isn't what happened then why did the red card get overturned?

I saw Armstrong down here for their under-21s recently, really impressive. So much pace and power but he was clumsy on this occasion and Simpson dealt with it perfectly as far as I could see. A ridiculous decision from the referee. Apart from anything else it meant a wasted evening for my youngest who'd come all the way from Hampstead to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    This is slightly ironic from the guy who spent post after post trying to claim that a half asleep Joe Allen booting Yarmolenko instead of the ball was fine and definitely not a penalty.

I'm not sure what Simpson and Wintle have done wrong here. The initial challenge on Armstrong from Ng is weak and Kipre (having lost the initial aerial challenge with Dykes) then has the chance to bring him down but gives him extra momentum with a push in the back instead so those two deserve some criticism. The other two are blameless as far as I can see.

Chair has pushed into the centre forward position and Simpson starts to follow him as he drifts wide but quickly sees the danger as Armstrong breaks forward and has him covered. Wintle also picks up the run and both are in a perfect position to get a tackle in but don't need to as Armstrong's last touch is too heavy. Wintle sees this and immediately points to Allsop to collect it, which he does.

Simpson and Armstrong put arms across each other but Simpson has got himself just ahead and Armstrong can't get past, seems to fall in the effort to do so and brings Simpson down. If this isn't what happened then why did the red card get overturned?

I saw Armstrong down here for their under-21s recently, really impressive. So much pace and power but he was clumsy on this occasion and Simpson dealt with it perfectly as far as I could see. A ridiculous decision from the referee. Apart from anything else it meant a wasted evening for my youngest who'd come all the way from Hampstead to watch it.
    You win.

Totally agree , I don’t buy into this argument we were all over the place so were definitely going to get stuffed. How often have you seen a team being outplayed for 20- 30 minutes, hang in there, stop the opposition from scoring and then take your chance and turn the game on its head , happens all the time in football, scoring a goal is not easy.

The ridiculous decision by the ref to not only award a penalty but double the damage by sending the player off made a mockery of the remaining 70 minutes and ended the contest. Watching in real time on the Sky red button the first instinct was Campbell was not fouled, the ball had already run through to Allsop who was quite far off his line ( as he usually is) before Campbell even went to ground.

QPR may well have won anyway but we’ll never know and to say we would have lost based on our defending for the first 18 minutes is ridiculous when the score was still 0-0 and we had 2 decent off target efforts ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Totally agree , I don’t buy into this argument we were all over the place so were definitely going to get stuffed. How often have you seen a team being outplayed for 20- 30 minutes, hang in there, stop the opposition from scoring and then take your chance and turn the game on its head , happens all the time in football, scoring a goal is not easy.

The ridiculous decision by the ref to not only award a penalty but double the damage by sending the player off made a mockery of the remaining 70 minutes and ended the contest. Watching in real time on the Sky red button the first instinct was Campbell was not fouled, the ball had already run through to Allsop who was quite far off his line ( as he usually is) before Campbell even went to ground.

QPR may well have won anyway but we’ll never know and to say we would have lost based on our defending for the first 18 minutes is ridiculous when the score was still 0-0 and we had 2 decent off target efforts ourselves
    Amen

It’s utter nonsense that we can’t blame the referee for Wednesday night.

Some people on this thread are arguing as if poor defending in one phase can't be rectified by others in the next phase and a dumb referee is exonerated for a shit decision - they arent mutually exclusive - it was poor to defending to allow Armstrong to get that far it was a good defending to stop him progressing and shit refereeing to award a penalty and then even worse refereeing to send him off. The panel agreed

What pisses me off is two things. One referees are so arrogant in their demeanour and are untouchable after the event they don't deserve respect

The 2nd is posters on here that seem to take a swipe at the manager and players at every opportunity and always waiting in the wings to do so. That is their choice and they are welcome to take that position

However for me their angst should be aimed at the ownership and top governance who are sleep walking us to relegation by not having a plan a vision or any decisiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Some people on this thread are arguing as if poor defending in one phase can't be rectified by others in the next phase and a dumb referee is exonerated for a shit decision - they arent mutually exclusive - it was poor to defending to allow Armstrong to get that far it was a good defending to stop him progressing and shit refereeing to award a penalty and then even worse refereeing to send him off. The panel agreed

What pisses me off is two things. One referees are so arrogant in their demeanour and are untouchable after the event they don't deserve respect

The 2nd is posters on here that seem to take a swipe at the manager and players at every opportunity and always waiting in the wings to do so. That is their choice and they are welcome to take that position

However for me their angst should be aimed at the ownership and top governance who are sleep walking us to relegation by not having a plan a vision or any decisiveness
    If that's aimed at me, I took care to limit my criticism of Wednesday's game to when it was 0-0 because we defended appallingly during that time (if anything, I'd say we defended better when we were down to ten). I've also said that the really disappointing thing about that for me was that, although we've hardly been perfect, we've been pretty good defensively this season.

As for the red card, I don't think anyone bar the ref thought it was merited, but that had nothing to do with our defending for the incident. Armstrong's poor touch was taking the ball into Allsop's arms I believe and was the main reason why a penalty shouldn't have been given. So, I'm not convinced that there was any good defending involved on our part, but the contact between the QPR man and Simpson put it into the "I've seen them given" category for me. Armstrong's run took him past four of our players over a distance of about thirty five yards - I watched that under 21 game Loramski refers to as well, but it seems none of our defenders did based on how we coped with the situation.

I agree with your last paragraph completely though - there have been plenty of times when there seems to have been "interference from above" over the past dozen years, but, by contrast, it seems now as if the football side is just being left to get on with it. That may not be a bad thing under some circumstances, but there is a balance to be struck in how the owner/financial management side of things see their part in the relationship with the playing side and it often seems that Tan and co still can't get that right.

If your central defender and central midfielder are facing their own goal, in a foot race with an attacker, bearing in on goal, then shit me not, something has gone wrong. For clarity, i don't think it was a penalty, but i don't really understand how people who have watched thousands of games of football, can't see that poor play can lead to problems, pretty much like most things in life.

Robbed us of a goal at home and a ridiculous decision cost us a fair game lastnight.
    Not only robbed us of a goal but gifted Cov a goal which WAS clearly offside. So yeah I’m blaming the officials.

Point would have been fair on Saturday and who knows about Weds as it was over before it got going

The ref wouldn't have made a mistake (and i don't think that it was a massive one) if the two clowns chasing the player down had been switched on, on their toes, anticipating what could happen, instead of standing about with their thumb up their arses. I'm sorry, and i know that it sounds harsh, but these players are professionals, Simpson knew the risk he was taking by putting his arm across, and he didn't put him arm across the player because he wanted to feel the quality of cloth the shirt was made out of. It was a cute foul, because he got himself in a horrendous position. People go in harder at call centre workers than they do City players for making **** ups
    Dan, Armstrong had both his arms out. That wouldn’t even have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. Everybody can see it was a ridiculous decision.

Refs have been told to allow more physical play these days. You might have noticed in games this season.

That decision was one of the worst of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Being Devils Advocate, another person could argue that it was good defending, as they stopped him from scoring, or even getting an attempt on goal
    I actually thought as someone who has done a lot of defending that’s Simpson did well to get across him and was quite entitled to put his arm out. It’s exactly what players do as a norm ( Armstrong also had his arms out to hold Kipre back). The ball was dribbling through to the keeper as Armstrong’s last touch was heavy.

He wasn’t really ‘wrong side’ as Armstrong had gone through 2 men and Simpson came in to cover from an angle.

Perfectly put. So much more eloquent than my 4 clumsy and frustrated attempts 😂

QPR murdered us for the first 60 minutes last season and we went on to win 2-1… so there’s no guarantee they would have beaten us Wednesday.

On the other hand there was NYD 2 seasons ago 😳

If we get relegated it'll be because we're sh*t and not because of refereeing. Paranoia is treatable. There is medication for it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If that's aimed at me, I took care to limit my criticism of Wednesday's game to when it was 0-0 because we defended appallingly during that time (if anything, I'd say we defended better when we were down to ten). I've also said that the really disappointing thing about that for me was that, although we've hardly been perfect, we've been pretty good defensively this season.

As for the red card, I don't think anyone bar the ref thought it was merited, but that had nothing to do with our defending for the incident. Armstrong's poor touch was taking the ball into Allsop's arms I believe and was the main reason why a penalty shouldn't have been given. So, I'm not convinced that there was any good defending involved on our part, but the contact between the QPR man and Simpson put it into the "I've seen them given" category for me. Armstrong's run took him past four of our players over a distance of about thirty five yards - I watched that under 21 game Loramski refers to as well, but it seems none of our defenders did based on how we coped with the situation.

I agree with your last paragraph completely though - there have been plenty of times when there seems to have been "interference from above" over the past dozen years, but, by contrast, it seems now as if the football side is just being left to get on with it. That may not be a bad thing under some circumstances, but there is a balance to be struck in how the owner/financial management side of things see their part in the relationship with the playing side and it often seems that Tan and co still can't get that right.
    Not sure if it's aimed at you or not - I enjoy your blogs but it doesn't really matter who it is aimed at as I will leave people to their own self awareness as to whether they constantly criticise the team and management

A lot of people have a go at DML for constantly defending the club and he is not always right same as those that seem to have nothing good to say aren't always right

Just sharing my view of the defending and the standard of refereeing and a slight dig at other posters as it irritates me

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If we get relegated it'll be because we're sh*t and not because of refereeing. Paranoia is treatable. There is medication for it.
    Not sure why you bring in people's mental health just because they have a different view on the impact of refereeing - as I said in the previous post you can have both - being shit as a side and having shit refereeing - I just don't think we are being done any favours by referees when the game is in the balance as they have been for the last two results

Not sure why you bring in people's mental health just because they have a different view on the impact of refereeing - as I said in the previous post you can have both - being shit as a side and having shit refereeing - I just don't think we are being done any favours by referees when the game is in the balance as they have been for the last two results
    OK, this is way too serious a discussion for me. I'm being very flippant and am just highlighting that there are way too many excuses by delusional football fans of every team in the world. As as been done to death, the referee was crap. We can all agree on that. My point is that the table won't lie at the end of the season or where we are now and I think it pretty much fairly represents where Cardiff City are as a footballing side and club right now.

I don't want to get dragged into any more of this so I'm out.

Not sure if it's aimed at you or not - I enjoy your blogs but it doesn't really matter who it is aimed at as I will leave people to their own self awareness as to whether they constantly criticise the team and management

A lot of people have a go at DML for constantly defending the club and he is not always right same as those that seem to have nothing good to say aren't always right

Just sharing my view of the defending and the standard of refereeing and a slight dig at other posters as it irritates me
    Sorry about that first sentence, I genuinely didn’t know whether you were referring to me or not.