+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search to identify young musician who wowed crowds in Cardiff city centre

Search to identify young musician who wowed crowds in Cardiff city centre

Re: Search to identify young musician who wowed crowds in Cardiff city centre

Bloody 'ell, what a talent!

i just burnt all my guitars

Bit contrived for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Bit contrived for my liking.
    Can't take anything away from the lad, but I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
    There's dozens of kids out there on YouTube that are younger and far more naturally gifted.
    That's not to dismiss his talent and effort mind, he could easily make a career out of it, not many can play like that at such a young age.

Apparently he was playing the violin equally aswell the day before.

Very fast but a bit derivative

I mean he's a kid , Where's he gonna go next ?

Faster ?

I prefer grinding riffing and less solos

It's all a bit fret wank

I saw satriani in Cardiff twenty years ago, amazing guitar work but it dragged on a bit

Best of luck to him though 👏

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Faster ?

It's all a bit fret wank

I saw satriani in Cardiff twenty years ago, amazing guitar work but it dragged on a bit

Best of luck to him though 
    Less is more

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Less is more
    Simple riffs . Sabbath .

Needs to get his head down and finish his homework rather than wasting his youth pissing about.

Oh and get his feckin hair cut!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Needs to get his head down and finish his homework rather than wasting his youth pissing about.

Well said! He should take a bit of advice from the people on this thread who have been critical as well, maybe then, and only then, can he end up a middle aged cock knocker who sits at the internet day after day, being critical of things that they couldn't dream of doing. Anyone fancy heckling him when he's next in the city centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well said! He should take a bit of advice from the people on this thread who have been critical as well, maybe then, and only then, can he end up a middle aged cock knocker who sits at the internet day after day, being critical of things that they couldn't dream of doing. Anyone fancyheckling him when he's next in the city centre?
    He won’t be able to hear you, through all the noise and hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well said! He should take a bit of advice from the people on this thread who have been critical as well, maybe then, and only then, can he end up a middle aged cock knocker who sits at the internet day after day, being critical of things that they couldn't dream of doing. Anyone fancy heckling him when he's next in the city centre?
    He is very derivative though , loads of kids out there can do that , there's probably a few in Bristol , hundreds in London

You are a highly skilled finish plasterer

If you asked me to plaster a wall it would look like a field of molehills

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Learning an instrument is very good for brain development, improves connectivity apparently.
    Also, Musicians are ranked some of the happiest most satisfied people about according to research i heard.

He is very derivative though , loads of kids out there can do that , there's probably a few in Bristol , hundreds in London

Plasterers earn a fortune, any reason why? Is the powder dangerous to inhale or something?

I reckon there’s more than a few hundred plasterers in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Can't take anything away from the lad, but I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
    There's dozens of kids out there on YouTube that are younger and far more naturally gifted.
    That's not to dismiss his talent and effort mind, he could easily make a career out of it, not many can play like that at such a young age.
    That pretty much sums up my views about this young lad. Don't get me wrong, it's very impressive and guitar shredding like this certainly grabs the attention. Would I like to be able to play like this ? Yeah sure as a means to show off my virtuosity on the instrument. But do I enjoy listening to exponents of this shredding style ? Absolutely not. I find it boring, repetitive and a style that leaves me cold. As has already been said on here, less is more.

I'm not fawning over the kid, but i wouldn't be critical of him, because he is young, and can do things that i can't. If this was a 10 year old CCFC junior player at the Academy, nobody would be critical or intricate over his abilities, everyone on here would be positive and supportive, because he's a kid, still learning and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    That pretty much sums up my views about this young lad. Don't get me wrong, it's very impressive and guitar shredding like this certainly grabs the attention. Would I like to be able to play like this ? Yeah sure as a means to show off my virtuosity on the instrument. But do I enjoy listening to exponents of this shredding style ? Absolutely not. I find it boring, repetitive and a style that leaves me cold. As has already been said on here, less is more.
    Shredding is not art and that is why it leaves you cold, as there is no emotional connection with the music. It is the equivalent of preseason burpees and doing the most doesn't make you Lionel Messi. I'm not knocking the kid, technical skills do help when it comes to playing "real" music, but listening to a widdly guitarist practising scales is like watching plaster dry.

Faster ?

It's all a bit fret wank

Best of luck to him though ��
    I agree Sludgey, less is more. This makes the late great Paul Kossoff one of the, if not the best guitarists there has ever been.

Hate thrash with a passion because it's all about widdley widdley w@nkers who go at 200mph. Big feckin' deal! Also, why do all thrash metal vocalists shriek and growl as if someone has rammed red hot poker up their bum?
    But that's a debate for another day....

Great to watch for a short while, and I hope he does something with his abilities. Let's also hope that he "knows all the chords", as the song goes, because in my limited experience, flashy lead guitarists don't know their D flat from their F augmented.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I agree Sludgey, less is more. This makes the late great Paul Kossoff one of the, if not the best guitarists there has ever been.

Hate thrash with a passion because it's all about widdley widdley w@nkers who go at 200mph. Big feckin' deal! Also, why do all thrash metal vocalists shriek and growl as if someone has rammed red hot poker up their bum?
    A single run is ok, or maybe a once up and down the scale, but it can soon turn into the equivalent of a 20 minute drum solo.

A single run is ok, or maybe a once up and down the scale, but it can soon turn into the equivalent of a 20 minute drum solo.
    Used to hate it when Neil peart from rush went into drum solo mode

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

Steve Ray Vaughan RIP, was the man seen him gobsmacked

Shredding is not art and that is why it leaves you cold, as there is no emotional connection with the music. It is the equivalent of preseason burpees and doing the most doesn't make you Lionel Messi. I'm not knocking the kid, technical skills do help when it comes to playing "real" music, but listening to a widdly guitarist practising scales is like watching plaster dry.
    Knowing your scales can be a very useful way of navigating your way around a fretboard and given my time over again I would have liked to have immersed myself in musical theory. BUT whilst I understand the appeal of playing at hypersonic speeds, you are right in that it does not help to form an emotional connection with the listener. In other words it can get tiresome pretty quickly. Now Dave Gilmour on the other hand....