+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simpsons red card overturned

Simpsons red card overturned

Re: Simpsons red card overturned

so it should be, wrong to be given it ,pity the ref dont get one now instead

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    so it should be, wrong to be given it ,pity the ref dont get one now instead
    Agreed.
    Ref's are not being held accountable for decisions that are costing teams and this should either be addressed, or introduce VAR at all levels, or use any TV footage available.
    Either way, it's not good enough and too late for teams on the receiving end of such shite refereeing.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

Can we play the game again then?

And does the ref get banned for 3 games (which wouldn't help us of course) for ruining a perfectly good game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

And does the ref get banned for 3 games (which wouldn't help us of course) for ruining a perfectly good game?

Referees make mistakes the same as players do. Time for VAR to be introduced in the Championship.

NB I was just as lived as the next person over the decision.

The fecker should resign.
    As should Madley.

I jest of course but I'd have thought Sky would have thought up a weekly "Match of the Day" type hour episode highlighting referees' performances of the day.

Both the aforementioned refs would be exposed for either gross incompetence or blatant cheating.

IMHO this type of thing happens too many times to us to be simply coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Agreed.
    Ref's are not being held accountable for decisions that are costing teams and this should either be addressed, or introduce VAR at all levels, or use any TV footage available.
    Either way, it's not good enough and too late for teams on the receiving end of such shite refereeing.
    You’ve seen VAR in the Prem and thought “I want some of that”?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I jest of course but I'd have thought Sky would have thought up a weekly "Match of the Day" type hour episode highlighting referees' performances of the day.
    Maybe we could have an hour of players cheating and ex-players making excuses for them. Oh wait, we already do.

Refs seem immune from any criticism or punishment from their mistakes.
    Sometimes mistakes happen, that’s acceptable. But some of the refs in this league are cocking up every game, week in week out. Surely it gets to a point the FA need to step in and ask them why they’ve made the decisions they have and if the explanation isn’t sufficient they should be going on refresher courses to better learn the rules of the game or demoted to the lower leagues.

On the ‘banning’ note. A player gets, rightly, sent off halfway through the second half or even later and his absence may not boost the opposition being as its so late in the game yet he’s suspended for forthcoming games against other sides who may be challenging for promotion or fighting against relegation directly against the side he was sent off against. What’s the opinion one one game of his suspension being set aside until he’s due to come up against the side offended against (whenever it is or whoever he may be playing for). Ok, may not be the same season (or may not happen at all) but the ‘offended against’ side would have the satisfaction of not having to face him.

Or am I talking bollocks

It wasn't even a foul. The ref was incompetent for falling for it and giving the red card but the QPR player instigated the situation with a blatant kick on Simpson and ‘dive’. He should be given a retrospective yellow for it.

The FA have also retracted the red card shown to Aston Villa’s Luiz from Thursdays game. The red card was shown after VAR reviewed the incident. How on earth can VAR give the red card and then a panel watch the exact same footage and take it away?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Referees make mistakes the same as players do. Time for VAR to be introduced in the Championship.

NB I was just as lived as the next person over the decision.
    I actually think that the standard of refereeing in the Championship is alright (forget the disallowed goal against Coventry for a minute!) and can only think of that moron years ago who complete robbed us away at Millwall as being close to the injustice at QPR. Oh, and the ref away at Luton who bottled the Koumas penalty (not that I’m bitter or anything….)

What I mean is, I tend to ignore comments about refs spoiling games for the reasons that you mention, but in this case he really did.

I actually think that the standard of refereeing in the Championship is alright (forget the disallowed goal against Coventry for a minute!) and can only think of that moron years ago who complete robbed us away at Millwall as being close to the injustice at QPR. Oh, and the ref away at Luton who bottled the Koumas penalty (not that I’m bitter or anything….)

What I mean is, I tend to ignore comments about refs spoiling games for the reasons that you mention, but in this case he really did.
    Think we’ve been unlucky in the last 2 games, up until then it seemed to me things ( bias apart as I admit almost every game we don’t win I feel aggrieved and try to allow for that when making comment these days) hadn’t been too bad

Completely agree. Yes we played badly against QPR but to say the sending off and penalty are irrelevant is crazy. It fundamentally and wrongly changed the game. Would we have got a result without it? Who knows. But refs shouldn’t be allowed to impact a game that much when they make a bad call

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The fecker should resign.
    As should Madley.

Both the aforementioned refs would be exposed for either gross incompetence or blatant cheating.

IMHO this type of thing happens too many times to us to be simply coincidental.
    ....said every football fan of every club everywhere...

I don't get why there's any confusion tbh. A referee makes a mistake. People make mistakes. Players make loads of f*cking mistakes. It sucks. It's unfair, but the levels of paranoia regarding bias towards us is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Q View Post
    The FA have also retracted the red card shown to Aston Villa’s Luiz from Thursdays game. The red card was shown after VAR reviewed the incident. How on earth can VAR give the red card and then a panel watch the exact same footage and take it away?
    Because it's so much easier to make a decision when you've got all the time in the world to replay and analyse the moment to death rather than seconds or minutes and 50K+ fans breathing down your neck. Human's eh? Bloody useless species.