+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Labour Leaders Over The Years

Labour Leaders Over The Years

Some absolute shockers

Wtf were they doing choosing Ed milliband ?

I voted for him because I will never vote Tory but he was the absolute prime example of a DAMP SQUID 🐙 !

Re: Labour Leaders Over The Years

Didn't you hate Corbyn too? You seem to think they are all shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Didn't you hate Corbyn too? You seem to think they are all shit.
    I think on the whole , they have been

Kinnock too weak

Smith was ok

Blair good leader initially but lost the plot

Brown hopeless

Milliband absolutely hopeless

Corbyn weak and Canon fodder for the right wing press with his stupid far left links

Starmer .....simply can't show any kind of charisma and presence which I find incredible given he's a high ranking legal professional

The lead labour have in the polls will quickly recede if a decent prime minister is elected 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think on the whole , they have been

Kinnock too weak

Smith was ok

Blair good leader initially but lost the plot

Brown hopeless

Milliband absolutely hopeless

Corbyn weak and Canon fodder for the right wing press with his stupid far left links

Starmer .....simply can't show any kind of charisma and presence which I find incredible given he's a high ranking legal professional

The lead labour have in the polls will quickly recede if a decent prime minister is elected 🙄
    I have two scenarios which I am nurturing as possible welcome outcomes more and more. Of course I might be floundering rather more in hope than expectation.

1. Johnson gets elected as PM, Starmer tests the water and calls a VONC. As a result at least 36 Tory MPs opposed to a Johnson premiership chuck the whip and the vote succeeds.

2. Johnson gets elected then is subsequently found guilty of misleading Parliament and is suspended. A by election follows and the Tories lose. A VONC is then called by Starmer and with the same result as previously.

Of course there could feasibly be a third scenario where Sunak wins and the Tory right wing vote in favour of a VONC though I think that less likely.

Interesting times!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I have two scenarios which I am nurturing as possible welcome outcomes more and more. Of course I might be floundering rather more in hope than expectation.

1. Johnson gets elected as PM, Starmer tests the water and calls a VONC. As a result at least 36 Tory MPs opposed to a Johnson premiership chuck the whip and the vote succeeds.

2. Johnson gets elected then is subsequently found guilty of misleading Parliament and is suspended. A by election follows and the Tories lose. A VONC is then called by Starmer and with the same result as previously.

Of course there could feasibly be a third scenario where Sunak wins and the Tory right wing vote in favour of a VONC though I think that less likely.

Interesting times!
    Boris and Sunak have too many enemies.

Boris - obvious reasons. If he gets the job it’ll start well and end in an absolute car crash of his own doing. Probably pretty quickly. Part of me wants to see this

Sunak - all the boris fans will have their knives out so he will have his work cut out. Some of his own party will have been shouting how only boris could have a mandate. The left wing press will also have a field day with the out of touch posh boy in a cost of living crisis. He’ll write the headlines for them

The only one I could see doing ok would be mordaunt so I think with this in mind I hope she doesn’t get it.

I don’t think it’ll be long til starmer gets his turn. Good leadership shown again today with swift disciplinary action

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Boris and Sunak have too many enemies.

Boris - obvious reasons. If he gets the job it’ll start well and end in an absolute car crash of his own doing. Probably pretty quickly. Part of me wants to see this

Sunak - all the boris fans will have their knives out so he will have his work cut out. Some of his own party will have been shouting how only boris could have a mandate. The left wing press will also have a field day with the out of touch posh boy in a cost of living crisis. He’ll write the headlines for them

The only one I could see doing ok would be mordaunt so I think with this in mind I hope she doesn’t get it.

I don’t think it’ll be long til starmer gets his turn. Good leadership shown again today with swift disciplinary action
    Yes agree about Mordaunt. So far it seems like she's got a lot of catching up to do. I'm not sure Braverman will run this time which suggests to me all the right wing votes will go to Johnson. If I were a betting man I'd say it's he and Sunak who will be put before the members.