+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Colin W@nker

Colin W@nker

Like Marmite....................

Seeing him last night really added to the gloom of the occasion.

Re: Colin W@nker

I’d have him back until the end of the season

We have enough to stay up, just need a manager.

In what capacity was he there?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Guest of honour as he managed both clubs.

People being ‘depressed’ by his presence have very short memories 🤦*♂️

Remember Trollope, Slade, Harris (!), Mick…..dear me.

Let's be fair we've had some shit; just like the ownership and board. Why do we suffer so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Guest of honour as he managed both clubs.

People being ‘depressed’ by his presence have very short memories ��*♂️

Remember Trollope, Slade, Harris (!), Mick…..dear me.
    Boris …..

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Let's be fair we've had some shit; just like the ownership and board. Why do we suffer so much?
    Fans of every other club in the EFL and a handful in the PL will make the same comments

If we end up with a 3 window transfer embargo as a result of not paying the 1st Sala transfer instalment and we want to change manager then ageing dinosaurs like Colin and other has beens are the only ones likely to apply. No credible manager will want to come anywhere near us.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If we end up with a 3 window transfer embargo as a result of not paying the 1st Sala transfer instalment and we want to change manager then ageing dinosaurs like Colin and other has beens are the only ones likely to apply. No credible manager will want to come anywhere near us.
    No chance Warnock would work under a transfer embargo, loves a transfer does Colin, absolutely loves them!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Fans of every other club in the EFL and a handful in the PL will make the same comments
    Not so sure 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    We were under an embargo when Slade was here.We managed to sign Immers and a few others.Derby managed last season.
    Clubs under an embargo must be are allowed 24 established players.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    We were under an embargo when Slade was here.We managed to sign Immers and a few others.Derby managed last season.
    Indeed, although the Immers signing didn't end well. I won't claim any expertise on what you can and can't have under an embargo but since embargos are, more often than not, resulting from some sort of financial mismanagement and not non payment of transfer fees, I think that there are financial restrictions in terms of remuneration of any players that the rules permit you to sign i.e.they can't be more expensive, no transfer fees, only free agents and only until the end of the season. That doesn't sound ideal to me

The subject of a potential embargo has not been aired much by the club or in the media but it doesn't sound like a welcome development to me. Perhaps I am worrying unnecessarily ?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Attention seeking

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    What, you mean shit like a bloke who rescued us from relegation and got us into the Premier League the next season, whilst spending the massive sum of around £10m on players.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    So you think that if a club, say, only has 18 players and are placed under a transfer embargo that they are still allowed to go out and sign another 6 players ! Doesn't sound right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What, you mean shit like a bloke who rescued us from relegation and got us into the Premier League the next season, whilst spending the massive sum of around £10m on players.
    You honestly reckon that with transfer fees, signing on fees, wages, bonuses, paying off players contracts etc that he was only involved in £10 million worth of business? The Sala court/tribunal costs and most probably the transfer fee to be added as well.

So you think that if a club, say, only has 18 players and are placed under a transfer embargo that they are still allowed to go out and sign another 6 players ! Doesn't sound right to me.
    https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com...to-know-royals

Yes but there.s wage restrictions.When Slade was here it was under £13000.Any Academy player whose made a first team appearance would be counted in the 24 although with Derby it was 23.basically playeres out on loan like King McGinness would be recalled.
    Rubin and Isaac would count in the 24

why not !! Boris johnson back as PM and Colin W@nker back...puurfect mun

it is odd how so many slag off Warnock. Then again, I'm sure that every manager in the past 20yrs has been slated on here.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You honestly reckon that with transfer fees, signing on fees, wages, bonuses, paying off players contracts etc that he was only involved in £10 million worth of business? The Sala court/tribunal costs and most probably the transfer fee to be added as well.
    You have (deliberately) misinterpreted one of my posts again. Sala was purchased when we were already in the Premier League. Read what I actually said.

It doesn't actually state that a side can sign players if they have less than 24 in their squad. That is one if the considerations when the EFL decide if they can sign someone but there are a number of others and it us by no means guaranteed. The EFL decide in individual circumstances.

You have (deliberately) misinterpreted one of my posts again. Sala was purchased when we were already in the Premier League. Read what I actually said.
    Is it worth pointing out to you how much Warnock was given to spend from 2016, when joined us, to the end of the 2017/18 promotion season? You won’t accept it, but you can rest assured it was way more than £10 million. Spent a lot then in the close season prior to the Premier campaign but then really went to town following relegation.

But you stated he only spent £10 million in keeping us up and then getting us promoted, not true at all!