+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: That's Hudson gone then

Re: That's Hudson gone then

We have 3 loan players who would struggle to get into our U23 side, and are just not up to the standards needed in the Championship

We have two projects with Etete and Tanner
    (When did Championship managers have time for projects)???

Sawyers who blows cold and colder

Simpson who missed out to Nelson today NELSON ffs

A back up goalie who I've only seen once against Pompey and that was a nightmare

Ojo who I have to look out for to check he is still on the pitch

Adam's we haven't seen because of injury

Robinson, Kipre, Collins Romeo and Rinohota have all looked decent Championship players

I'm sure theres one or two I've missed, but it seems like a third of his signings have been Championship standard

Yet some people think he should have been kept on get real!!

Odowda should be added to the list as well

Etete is the real head scratcher from Morison. He obviously saw something but nowhere near ready based on what we’ve seen and if he really did have that much potential no way Spurs let him go for that fee.

Could have got at least a decent squad striker for that money in this market. It’s just really really strange and hard to call the decision to go into the season with Watters, Harris and Etete up front anything other than naive.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'd say so.

If they sacked him and had somebody lined up or had a list of potentials they were working through immediately after he was sacked it would have been understandable. It is growing evident they sacked him with no real plan.
    Which brings us back to the often discussed topic of why WAS he really sacked then? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Which brings us back to the often discussed topic of why WAS he really sacked then? :-/
    I doubt we will ever know.
    Communication is far from the clubs strong point is it?

Maybe he told Tan to butt out a bit and let him manage. It wouldn't surprise me if Tan was calling straight after games as was suggested coupled with Morison's character and prickly response to some journalists.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I doubt we will ever know.
    Communication is far from the clubs strong point is it?

Maybe he told Tan to butt out a bit and let him manage. It wouldn't surprise me if Tan was calling straight after games as was suggested coupled with Morison's character and prickly response to some journalists.
    Who suggested Tan was ringing straight after games?
    Morison deserved more time but i have a feeling his sacking was spur of the moment probably something was said.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Odowda should be added to the list as well
    What list?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What list?
    Included in the list of decent Championship players, they I put out there from the 17 signings Morison made.
    For clarification much was made about 17 signings made during the summer, my point being we have a half decent team, although lacking another striker, but a paper thin squad, it wasn't so much 2 players competing for each place, but one good one and a back up, missing Collins,Ng and Romeo yesterday along with Colwill and Davies, showed how threadbare our squad is.
    There was an opportunity to rebuild and Morison blew it.
    It was the right decision to get rid of him, I just hope they allow Hudson the opportunity to claim the job by getting a decent number 2 in as head coach

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Included in the list of decent Championship players, they I put out there from the 17 signings Morison made.
    For clarification much was made about 17 signings made during the summer, my point being we have a half decent team, although lacking another striker, but a paper thin squad, it wasn't so much 2 players competing for each place, but one good one and a back up, missing Collins,Ng and Romeo yesterday along with Colwill and Davies, showed how threadbare our squad is.
    There was an opportunity to rebuild and Morison blew it.
    It was the right decision to get rid of him, I just hope they allow Hudson the opportunity to claim the job by getting a decent number 2 in as head coach
    He's not a manager yet

I think what is lost in the squad discussion is that at a normal club at this level, you’d have a decent number of young players nearly ready for first team action providing a cheap, readily available backup for first team players in case of injury.

We have a few but most either aren’t trusted to be up to it or are part and parcel of the injury list - he also made some strange decisions like loaning McGuinness out and then having to scramble and sign Simpson. But I think the need to sign 17 players this off-season and then still not having enough depth in the squad to withstand first team injuries is another indication of how poor our academy and youth approach has been over the last 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I think what is lost in the squad discussion is that at a normal club at this level, you’d have a decent number of young players nearly ready for first team action providing a cheap, readily available backup for first team players in case of injury.

We have a few but most either aren’t trusted to be up to it or are part and parcel of the injury list - he also made some strange decisions like loaning McGuinness out and then having to scramble and sign Simpson. But I think the need to sign 17 players this off-season and then still not having enough depth in the squad to withstand first team injuries is another indication of how poor our academy and youth approach has been over the last 5-10 years.
    I'm not convinced that argument stands up any more.

It has certainly been true for most of the past 10 years, with only a handful of academy players coming through, but the last 2 years has been a different story. Sure some of them are injured and some have not had much game time, but there is a big contingent of academy players in the first team squad - and some of them should be used much more than they are:

Rohan Luthra, Joel Bagan, Oli Denham, Tom Sang, Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies and Mark Harris - with Eli King fully in the mix before his loan to Crewe.

I wouldn't include Chanka Zimba or Kiaron Evans, nor some of the other academy players who briefly appeared in the club first team squad pages earlier in the season, but have since been bumped back to the u21s (Jai Semenyo and Jack Leahy).

But eight squad players from the academy is not bad.

A lot of rewriting of history on Steve Morison for me. Take away the two games we played 10 men with 80 minutes Hudson's record is P4 W2 D1 L1, the overreaction to yesterday is stupid. Morison won 3 games out of 10, he was not exactly setting the world alight.

Having had a not very good night's sleep thinking over this shitshow the board really have two options.
    1 sack Hudson and bring in an experienced forward thinking manager.
    2 give Hudson till end of season with coaching support
    Either way the board cannot let the situation drift.

I did overreact probably with my original post, understandably after yesterday. Hudson has been dealt a very bad hand the last few games. It is up to him, now, if the board supports him, to show what he really can do in the games leading up to the break.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Having had a not very good night's sleep thinking over this shitshow the board really have two options.
    1 sack Hudson and bring in an experienced forward thinking manager.
    2 give Hudson till end of season with coaching support
    Either way the board cannot let the situation drift.

I did overreact probably with my original post, understandably after yesterday. Hudson has been dealt a very bad hand the last few games. It is up to him, now, if the board supports him, to show what he really can do in the games leading up to the break.
    It's still a tough time, he's without NG, Collins, Romeo, Robinson, Colwill, Davies, Adams and the others will be knackerd after playing almost two full games with ten men, against in form teams. I would imagine moral is low and they will be feeling hard done by and that referee's and the World is against them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Definitely. The man had a plan. He had confidence. Was it misguided? Who knows? I like Hudson, but seems like a scared little boy. He's not up to it. But again, Tan, Dalman, Choo etc are to blame for all of this.
    Hudson got a lot right in his first few games. We were awful under Morison. It is his fault. We have a pedestrian midfield and no attacking options because of the players he signed. He spent 500k on Etete for ****s sake. You cannot piss around in this league and we cannot afford to waste money on projects.

The last two games Hudson has got things wrong but he has also had zero luck. You can’t legislate for what the players or refs will do. Morison was miles out of his depth, Hudson might be too but that doesn’t mean sacking Morison was a bad decision.