+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come back Neil

Come back Neil

I'm sorry, and everyone will say I'm wrong, but I would take him back right now. I'm sick of losing. Personally I don't give a **** how many pretty passes we have as long as we win. I've been to 4 away games now, 1 goal scored 9 against and 4 defeats. I don't care how we win, just win!
    Warnock took us from relegation candidates to safety and then to the Premier league.
    Allsop playing a pass to Kipre and then passing to O'dowda passing back to Kipre etc etc won't win us any games.
    Very pissed off at the moment....

Re: Come back Neil

I'm not sure he could get a tune out of this squad. I seriously doubt it.

He loves his big centre halves, big man up top and a decent set piece game at either end.

We have none of these. All overseen by the self appointed transfer committee.

Yes, I agree the current team would not be his choice, but he has come in before and transformed teams fortunes. When was the last time we looked liked scoring for a set piece?
    Bread and butter for Neil....

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm not sure he could get a tune out of this squad. I seriously doubt it.

He loves his big centre halves, big man up top and a decent set piece game at either end.

We have none of these. All overseen by the self appointed transfer committee.
    He couldn't get a tune out of his own players he signed that's why he walked..
    Warnock isn't the answer this time in my opinion

I’d have him until the end of the season no question about that.

I loved him here the first time. But we have to move away from short term appointments and long ball.

This season was the perfect chance to give SM the season and see where we end up playing something resembling actual football.

Once again the board or Tan don't know what they are doing.

If you sack SM have someone lined up to come in and continue it not mess about trying out the rest of the coaching staff or going back to someone to save us.

Thank you canton kev.

no thanks, he's yesterday's man.
    we've only just got rid of the last lot of dross that he signed, and completely wasted the premier League money on

Unless someone has any better ideas then if he is available get him in fast

I don't care if he's 86 , I don't care if he's a bighead like clough was

He knows how to improve a team rapido

Hudson is a good guy but I don't think he is a championship manager ......at least not yet

Change it pronto is my view

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I'm sorry, and everyone will say I'm wrong, but I would take him back right now. I'm sick of losing. Personally I don't give a **** how many pretty passes we have as long as we win. I've been to 4 away games now, 1 goal scored 9 against and 4 defeats. I don't care how we win, just win!
    Warnock took us from relegation candidates to safety and then to the Premier league.
    Allsop playing a pass to Kipre and then passing to O'dowda passing back to Kipre etc etc won't win us any games.
    Very pissed off at the moment....
    Another one who makes it sound like he left us as soon as we got promoted. It’s what happened after that which makes him an awful choice at the moment. Warnock’s disastrous recruitment during the summer of 2019 is what got us into this position.

"Another one"?
    Hudson will take us to league one.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    "Another one"?
    Hudson will take us to league one.
    You make it sound like I want Hudson to stay because I don't want Warnock, the two things aren't connected. As for my another one remark, it happens quite often - Warnock fans only think the first two season of his four here count when they discuss him.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He knows how to improve a team rapido
    Like Middlesbrough?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another one who makes it sound like he left us as soon as we got promoted. It’s what happened after that which makes him an awful choice at the moment. Warnock’s disastrous recruitment during the summer of 2019 is what got us into this position.
    Couldn't agree more.

Warnock's transfer dealings were appalling that season and we all know that his close and dodgy relationship with 'prefereed' agents meant we ended up signing players not for the benefit of the team, but for his personal benefit. Lots more to come out about this in some upcoming documentaries about football agents and managers next year (he's certainly not the only one!)

So Warnock left us with an old, overpaid and unbalanced squad without any youth coming through.. he had to go and I don't want him back.

And it's not like there are no other options. It's not Warnock or Hudson.

This really hurts to say, but we need the Swansea approach to recruiting managers who, for the most part, recruit managers based on a playing style and ethos. Of course for us to have that we need board level changes. Dalman and Choo are proving to be absolutely out of their depths or/and disinterested in making the necessary changes the club needs to evolve.... It's just bouncing from one disaster to another.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Warnock's transfer dealings were appalling that season and we all know that his close and dodgy relationship with 'prefereed' agents meant we ended up signing players not for the benefit of the team, but for his personal benefit. Lots more to come out about this in some upcoming documentaries about football agents and managers next year (he's certainly not the only one!)

So Warnock left us with an old, overpaid and unbalanced squad without any youth coming through.. he had to go and I don't want him back.

And it's not like there are no other options. It's not Warnock or Hudson.

This really hurts to say, but we need the Swansea approach to recruiting managers who, for the most part, recruit managers based on a playing style and ethos. Of course for us to have that we need board level changes. Dalman and Choo are proving to be absolutely out of their depths or/and disinterested in making the necessary changes the club needs to evolve.... It's just bouncing from one disaster to another.
    Which is why we need a Director of Football or significant football experience on the board. Would Tan allow someone to come in and put him and the rest of the board right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Like Middlesbrough?
    I don't care what he did or didn't do at Middlesborough

He's been very successful at pulling up clubs by their bootstraps , he's very good at crisis management and pointing to one off mediocre spells in management is churlish and suits your agenda

Did a brilliant job job turning things round and getting us promoted, but it went tits up big style when we got relegated.
    I doubt it would work a second time, especially with a squad that's the complete opposite of what he likes.
    We need a new manager with a bit of experience, but going back to Warnock's not the answer.

Going back to Warnock is akin to getting back together with an ex-girlfriend for a one night stand just to get laid.
    We can’t just keep crying out for him every time things aren’t going well. We have to get the right structure in place, like has been said above and a million times before.

Come back Neil.
    I think he would get a tune out of our squad.He would some of the fcukers up.

Not for me, there are options out there.

It was never going to be easy changing styles but it’s essential.

Let’s be the first league club to have a woman manager, can’t be any worse than the shite that’s being served up now

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Did a brilliant job job turning things round and getting us promoted, but it went tits up big style when we got relegated.
    I doubt it would work a second time, especially with a squad that's the complete opposite of what he likes.
    We need a new manager with a bit of experience, but going back to Warnock's not the answer.
    Absolutely.

We know Warnock is NOT a long term answer. Suppose he comes back and keeps us up. What then? Give him another deal? Say we didn't offer him a new deal, went with someone else and we had a poor start. Go back to him again?

There's no doubting that his first two years, even our short stay in the prem he came close to performing what many thought at the time "the impossible" and he was rightly lauded (by most) for what he achieved.

There is also no doubting that his time here had run its course and turning to him now IMO would be a mistake.

Cardiff fans: "The club is directionless. We need to move away from short-termism and put a viable, long-term strategy and identity in place."

Also Cardiff fans: "We should get Warnock back."

As if to prove the point, this from the press conference yesterday:

'When asked to explain his side's successes, Martin pointed to Cardiff's succession of managerial changes.

"Well that's the third manager we have played in three games - that's probably it," Martin said.

"We've stuck together through some tough moments and we have something to identify with and a real clarity in what we are doing.

"I can't speak for Cardiff or what they are doing. But for us, we have stuck to a real plan and have clarity and belief in it. Even at times when it got tough, we stuck to it. It's probably that."'

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Let’s be the first league club to have a woman manager, can’t be any worse than the shite that’s being served up now
    Let's not.
    On the subject of Warnock, he'd be totally f*cked with this squad, no big lumps to hoof the ball to and a potential transfer embargo.