+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kicking Off In Europe FT Reports

Kicking Off In Europe FT Reports

Eurozone economy
    Scholz and Macron meet to calm rising Franco-German tensions

From FT OCTOBER 25, 2022

Eurozone economy ˃

Eurozone business activity slides faster than feared
    October PMI shows biggest contraction in 2 years and adds to signs region is heading for recession
    OCTOBER 24, 2022

Japan & USA wobbling

Re: Kicking Off In Europe FT Reports

I though Europe was booming according to some of the wiser people on here?
    So it's not Brexit related, or am I missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I though Europe was booming according to some of the wise people on here? So it's not Brexit related, or am I missing something
    i think some on here have predicting this economic meltdown for the last 6 months or so on here some say by design !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i think some on here have predicting this economic meltdown for the last 6 months or so on here some say by design !
    Yeah, Cyril's "The 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset" is right up there with the Russia Collusion Hoax, and you know something is not quite right when David Icke from early 2020 makes more sense than Canton Kev in October 2022

The majority of economic data in the last few months has generally been worse for most of Europe than for us, as I've been at pains to point out in numerous debates on here.

That isn't because Europe is a basket case, it's primarily because of the war in Ukraine which most of Europe is closer to than us. That and the legacy of the pandemic.

That's the big issue across Europe. Not Brexit, not the Tories, but Ukraine. Nothing is fixed til Ukraine is at peace.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The majority of economic data in the last few months has generally been worse for most of Europe than for us, as I've been at pains to point out in numerous debates on here.

That isn't because Europe is a basket case, it's primarily because of the war in Ukraine which most of Europe is closer to than us. That and the legacy of the pandemic.

That's the big issue across Europe. Not Brexit, not the Tories, but Ukraine. Nothing is fixed til Ukraine is at peace.
    Poor Liz was sooo unfortunate wasn’t she? Misunderstood to the bitter end.

Yeah, Cyril's "The 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or winner, The Great Reset" is right up there with the Russia Collusion Hoax, and you know something is not quite right when David Icke from early 2020 makes more sense than Canton Kev in October 2022
    I notice you've brought cyril back out of retirement

I notice you've brought cyril back out of retirement
    I won a £20 bet as well

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Eurozone economy
    Scholz and Macron meet to calm rising Franco-German tensions

From FT OCTOBER 25, 2022

Eurozone economy ˃

Eurozone business activity slides faster than feared
    October PMI shows biggest contraction in 2 years and adds to signs region is heading for recession
    OCTOBER 24, 2022

Japan & USA wobbling
    Interest rates have to rise. But they can't rise. But they have to rise. But they can't rise .........

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Interest rates have to rise. But they can't rise. But they have to rise. But they can't rise .........
    have no fear Monkfish this is very high on the agenda of the new PM to bail us all out

have no fear Monkfish this is very high on the agenda of the new PM to bail us all out

It’s not a conspiracy theory. It’s an agenda.#CBDCs pic.twitter.com/8ogUk5uAz4
    — James Melville (@JamesMelville) October 25, 2022
    I would call them pCBDC's and they are different to crypto as they are programmable, which mean governments can control how they are used.

Not sure why you've brought me up or what you think is nonsensical about my posts?
    You're the one that makes wild predictions and speculations or post cryptic one liners. I then ask for proof or reasonings or examples which you then ignore and deflect.

That's pretty much 99% of our interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Poor Liz was sooo unfortunate wasn’t she? Misunderstood to the bitter end.
    No she wasn't unfortunate. She went too far and created market chaos and then her chancellor indicated more tax cuts to come which spooked them further.

Unquestionably however, anyone who has governed any country, especially a european one, has been unfortunate with global events in the last 3 years.

The other pressure hitting us ( not Truss motivated ) is the Environmental, social and governance (ESG) investment agenda.

The ESG in the US where the old culture wars are kicking off big time see's Financial companies under pressure to deliver those these green pledges , and coming under pressure to deliver their fiscal goals they boasted about and folk invested in , bloody greenwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No she wasn't unfortunate. She went too far and created market chaos and then her chancellor indicated more tax cuts to come which spooked them further.

Unquestionably however, anyone who has governed any country, especially a European one, has been unfortunate with global events in the last 3 years.
    Not just Europe whcih is a bigger worzry and not Truss realted

""The Fed increased its Target Fed Funds rate by 3/4%, despite the warning of some experts that the rate hike would be a full 1.0%. The new Fed Funds Target range is now 2.25% – 2.50%. Unlike the June 2022 meeting vote, this meeting's vote was unanimous!""

And the global forecast below does not bode well for whoever is in government if I was Richi I' d be well pissed with Truss as her mistake has made us look worse than it should , this issue is everywhere , Germany has an awful inflation forecast for 2023 ....

https://www.oecd.org/economic-outlook/september-2022/

Germany's annual inflation in October rises to record high of 10.4%

Germany's annual inflation in October rises to record high of 10.4%
    Centre-left Social Democratic Party Tory scum.