+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ? We supported the City with Brexiteer Warnock in charge but turned when he shafted us. Nothing to do with his political stance, he stood and then fell by his affect on our club not his right wing views, as abhorrent as they were. The ‘F*ck The Tories’ chant is being heard at games, do you reckon Tory leaning fans will stop attending if their team are winning?
    I'm just putting across why they distanced themselves from his boots, it's not rocket science

Re: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I'm just putting across why they distanced themselves from his boots, it's not rocket science
    He’s made his views public without or without the boots, I doubt if the fans would have been able to read what was on them and without his publicity stunt would have been none the wiser. So, if Wrexham have any, what do Tory backing fans do? He’s their top scorer, National League player of the year and they’re doing ok. They’ll been cheering him on if he carries on scoring whatever their political views.

Wrexham have made their statement, as you would expect, they’re attempting to remain neutral but in the big picture its small potatoes, clubs and fans have welcomed back rapists, drug takers, crooks etc. It’s no big deal.