+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cruella Deville reinstated as HS

Re: Cruella Deville reinstated as HS

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    So just to clarify do you think:

A) the Home Secretary should be still in post despite breaching national security through incompetence

B) the home Secretary should still be in post despite breaching security deliberately

C) the Home Secretary shouldn’t be still in post

D) Leo fortune west
    oh don't get me wrong, I don't think Braverman should be let near the office biscuits, never mind one of the great offices of state. I also don't think she should have been reappointed, but I understand Sunak's reason's why.

so my answer is D

did I win?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    If you are hoping for feedback to answer a question rather than just snipe at people you will be waiting a long time.
    snipers only take out those who make themselves easy targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I wonder how Feedback and James would be responding if this was a Labour home secretary?

It's a rhetorical question chaps as we know the answer
    In exactly the same way. I am never, ever one to call for people to be sacked, especially not when their boss (who clearly knows more about it than us) chooses to reinstate her. You are welcome to scour CCMB for when I have claimed that someone should be sacked, but it would be a waste of your time.

I have nothing against Labour. I have an issue with one-eyed activists who only see good in one party and bad in another and who very rarely scrutinize our govt here in Wales, but that certainly is not me.

Suella Braverman is not somebody who should be representing the UK, her view on migration is so entrenched and fringe that I don't think she is capable of being part of a government with wider responsibilities/priorities.

Rishi knows this and won't want her in that position, he is playing a balancing act. If he boots her out without a decent reason then he has a revolt on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    snipers only take out those who make themselves easy targets.
    I never said you actually make contact.

I wonder how Feedback and James would be responding if this was a Labour home secretary?

It's a rhetorical question chaps as we know the answer
    Can you remember the furore regarding Miliband and his bacon sandwich. You'll find I was a dissenting voice from the non labour cohort in saying it made no difference to the man and his politics.

If you really want to know I think Sunak has shot himself in the foot. He had a chance to start afresh with a clean slate. Now whilst I can understand his immediate requirement to unite the CPP, there must have been others on the right of the party who he could have put into post other than Bastinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I never said you actually make contact.
    Experienced snipers never miss.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Can you remember the furore regarding Miliband and his bacon sandwich. You'll find I was a dissenting voice from the non labour cohort in saying it made no difference to the man and his politics.

If you really want to know I think Sunak has shot himself in the foot. He had a chance to start afresh with a clean slate. Now whilst I can understand his immediate requirement to unite the CPP, there must have been others on the right of the party who he could have put into post other than Bastinda.
    Fully agree, it really does call into question his decision making. Must be plenty on the right wondering why they've been overlooked for an appointment that does look to be causing him more trouble than good.

She's a horrible racist

I can't believe people are defending the twot being brought back into government 😳

Sort yourselves out

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In exactly the same way. I am never, ever one to call for people to be sacked, especially not when their boss (who clearly knows more about it than us) chooses to reinstate her. You are welcome to scour CCMB for when I have claimed that someone should be sacked, but it would be a waste of your time.

I have nothing against Labour. I have an issue with one-eyed activists who only see good in one party and bad in another and who very rarely scrutinize our govt here in Wales, but that certainly is not me.
    You are about as one eyed tory as people get

Please stop saying you have drifted to the middle , it's pathetic

Tories across the board are furious about this dreadful woman with far right attitudes being brought back into government

Bit here you are supporting the move with .....well everybody can make a mistake?

Get out of here , you need to put yourself in the Alan bastard school of Tories as that's what you are

Continually supporting them and propping them up

Your camouflage is non existent

What a bunch of saps

She didn't know what she could and couldn't share outside of govt

🤣

James Wales this cabinet are made of the same cobblers as you

That being they really do think we have come down in the last shower of rain

If this country is idiotic enough to vote in this shower of liars at the next election turn the lights off 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are about as one eyed tory as people get

Please stop saying you have drifted to the middle , it's pathetic

Tories across the board are furious about this dreadful woman with far right attitudes being brought back into government

Bit here you are supporting the move with .....well everybody can make a mistake?

Get out of here , you need to put yourself in the Alan bastard school of Tories as that's what you are

Continually supporting them and propping them up

Your camouflage is non existent
    Love you too hun.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Or maybe you don't condemn someones career to be over in light of a minor indescretion.

The motivation here is not some honourable scrutiny of the government, it's a desire for chaos to bring them down to result in an early election.

That election will come in due course, but stability is welcome now I think.
    This was not a minor discretion. If any other civil servant had done this, Internal Governance would appear at their desk, confiscate their phones and computer and march them off government premises. They would then get the sack.

Do you think she should be treated any differently from a lower grade civil servant? Her nickname is “Leaky Sue” FFS. This isn’t the first time.

She is an absolute crackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    This was not a minor discretion. If any other civil servant had done this, Internal Governance would appear at their desk, confiscate their phones and computer and march them off government premises. They would then get the sack.

Do you think she should be treated any differently from a lower grade civil servant? Her nickname is “Leaky Sue” FFS. This isn’t the first time.

She is an absolute crackpot.
    Sounds like the sort Sludge is after on a Friday night at the Cowbridge Cons club.

Did she lie in her resignation letter about basically reporting herself for a serious breach of the ministerial code?

And did Sunak repeat that lie in the Commons during PMQs?

From the reports over the last 24 hours it sounds as if she was confronted with the evidence of her misdeeds and accepted the evidence was damning - and resigned.

It is usually the lying that ends up being the fatal step - not the original misdeed. (Archer, Aitken, Huhne, and arguably Johnson).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Did she lie in her resignation letter about basically reporting herself for a serious breach of the ministerial code?

From the reports over the last 24 hours it sounds as if she was confronted with the evidence of her misdeeds and accepted the evidence was damning - and resigned.

It is usually the lying that ends up being the fatal step - not the original misdeed. (Archer, Aitken, Huhne, and arguably Johnson).
    It's not sustainable.

I predict a few more titbits will emerge in a drip drip fashion and will serve to undermine her credibility even more.

Sunak doesn't want to incur the wrath of the right wing because he doesn't want them jeopardising policy initiatives. Nevertheless he may well be forced to sack her before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It's not sustainable.

I predict a few more titbits will emerge in a drip drip fashion and will serve to undermine her credibility even more.

Sunak doesn't want to incur the wrath of the right wing because he doesn't want them jeopardising policy initiatives. Nevertheless he may well be forced to sack her before too long.
    When he eventually sacks her (he will) what's the betting he reappoints Pritti Patel to appease the right wing loons in his party?!

When he eventually sacks her (he will) what's the betting he reappoints Pritti Patel to appease the right wing loons in his party?!
    Very likely. Braverman's hand maiden.

Would you prefer a knife to the left testicle or right?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Kind of ironic from a former Attorney General and barrister isn't it? This story's going to keep running until she has to go again. It's only a matter of time. Sunak will look strong though and spin it just like Starmer did with....well.....quite a lot of senior Labour MPs on the left during his purges.

All those Tories saying she should be given a second chance, but it seems that actually it will be her eighth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63456984

More pressure on Braverman.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63458493

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All those Tories saying she should be given a second chance, but it seems that actually it will be her eighth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63456984

More pressure on Braverman.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63458493
    I hope she sticks around and causes as much grief as possible