+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we as bad as people have been making out?

Re: Are we as bad as people have been making out?

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Um we had a bloke who'd just lost 12 in 21 league and cup games winning just 5.
    Lumping in (the games you choose) from last season and including League Cup games doesn't prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    After 16 games? Of course it does! The league table doesn't lie until after 46 games have been played.
    I honestly can’t see us improving. We have no strength in depth. Without Robinson I can’t see us getting much out of the next three games. Crowds will start to dwindle. Desperate times but once again, happy to be proved wrong and laughed at.

4-4-2

Allsop
    Sang
    Ng
    Kipre
    Nkounkou
    O’Dowda
    Wintle
    Ralls
    Bagan
    Whyte
    Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    4-4-2

Allsop
    Sang
    Ng
    Kipre
    Nkounkou
    O’Dowda
    Wintle
    Ralls
    Bagan
    Whyte
    Harris
    Guaranteed relegation with that team.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Who else who is fit, would you play ?

Who else who is fit, would you play ?
    That’s my concern mate, no one!!! Wasn’t meant as a dig against you, I just don’t think we’re anywhere good enough

Having been at Loftus Road and watching the JB game on Sunday my immediate conclusion was the players on the pitch are not playing as a team and there's more shape in a jelly!

Much as I like Hudson and he seems a decent bloke I'm not convinced we'll stay up unless we get a proper manager in charge and some loan signings in key positions like full backs and a striker.

So to answer the question yes we are collectively in a mess right now!

I didnt agree with your other guarantee relegation but that side every week would see us bottom and tailed off.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I didnt agree with your other guarantee relegation but that side every week would see us bottom and tailed off.������
    Again, who would you select out of our fit players ?

Again, who would you select out of our fit players ?
    Rino , I wouldnt play 442. So Whyte who I presume you have as a striker not in the side.

I also wouldnt want Bagan on the left with Nkounkou. He cant be fully fit so id keep O Dowda on the left with Nkonkou. Fully fit id have Bagan left back.

So id play Ojo in the 3 attackers - Sorry.😂

Im not saying thats a great looking line up either.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Lumping in (the games you choose) from last season and including League Cup games doesn't prove anything.
    It was the last twenty league games, ok the cup game wasn't needed, under who you describe as someone who looked like a real manager.

25% win rate 55% losses is complete and utter tripe well worthy of dismissal. I went as far back as flashscores allowed me
    Last edited by fugsyphil; 26-10-22 at 18:49. Reason: Adding another sentence

I'd play Bagan at LB, with Odowda in front of him, and Etete and Harris
    I want to see a Lb who can actually defend

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I'd play Bagan at LB, with Odowda in front of him, and Etete and Harris
    I want to see a Lb who can actually defend
    Agreed mate. For all his fancy play, a defender needs to defend.

I wouldn't have Nkounko or Campbell anywhere near the squad never mind the first team.

If Romeo is fit again, he's straight back in, with Ng at CB, if Bagan isn't fit then Ng and Lb and Simpson in for Nelson
    Sang is unlucky as he was our best player on Sunday

Agreed mate. For all his fancy play, a defender needs to defend.
    Odd one, isn't it. Over the past 20 years, fullbacks have essentially become attackers, they look and play more like wingers, and in my opinion, not many of them are great defenders. They get out of jail through athleticism and pace, that's usually enough in that position, none of them are of the Lee Peltier school of fullbacks, defend first, only cross the halfway line in an emergency! (and peltier was a good defender) This lad from Everton is a disaster. I can honestly say that i have never seen anything like it. No urgency, no expression,he waggles a foot, it's like he's footballs equivalent of a goldfish and every 7 seconds he actually forgets why he on the pitch and what he has to do. He looks like he has just landed! He needs to go, and sharpish. The law of averages usually says that just by being in that position and making a bit of a nuisance of yourself, that a player will stop the opposition, his mere presence alone seems to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Odd one, isn't it. Over the past 20 years, fullbacks have essentially become attackers, they look and play more like wingers, and in my opinion, not many of them are great defenders. They get out of jail through athleticism and pace, that's usually enough in that position, none of them are of the Lee Peltier school of fullbacks, defend first, only cross the halfway line in an emergency! (and peltier was a good defender) This lad from Everton is a disaster. I can honestly say that i have never seen anything like it. No urgency, no expression,he waggles a foot, it's like he's footballs equivalent of a goldfish and every 7 seconds he actually forgets why he on the pitch and what he has to do. He looks like he has just landed! He needs to go, and sharpish. The law of averages usually says that just by being in that position and making a bit of a nuisance of yourself, that a player will stop the opposition, his mere presence alone seems to help them.
    Id try him as a winger, what have we got to lose?

Maybe. My biggest problem with him is well....everything! Have you ever seen a player with so little awareness? I was astonished by his performance against Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe. My biggest problem with him is well....everything! Have you ever seen a player with so little awareness? I was astonished by his performance against Swansea.
    He seems to have zero peripheral vision.

I hope so. A few injuries and lack of decision making by the board and we are in real trouble. As I said, I hope I’m wrong.

We aren’t scoring goals and I have no idea where they will come from. That’s the most concerning thing for me
    We scored in each of Hudson's first 3 games and had one wrongly chalked off in his 4th. Early red cards have f*cked the last two. We have several important players out injured, add Colwill, Davies, Ng, Bagan and Romeo and it's a solid side

We'll be fine.

I'd try him as a program seller first then working behind the bar and finally as a a ball boy

Mind you compared to Campbell, he looks like Rio Ferdinand

Who the **** watched these pair and thought they would be good for us🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    It was the last twenty league games, ok the cup game wasn't needed, under who you describe as someone who looked like a real manager.

25% win rate 55% losses is complete and utter tripe well worthy of dismissal. I went as far back as flashscores allowed me
    When he was sacked this season after 10 games his record was W3 D2 L5. Since then we're W2 D1 L3.

On an even spread of 10 games with and without Morison.
    I probably would take just 4 points out of the next 3 games.

Not sure what conclusions the board can take from that?

I think this weekend's game against Rotherham will be an answer to this question in itself.

If we are beaten at home against a newly promoted team then I think the fears are very real for relegation.
    Yes, we are light up top but if the club ignore that position for virtually the whole summer and then make one last minute signing then that is the risk you take as a club.

They can blame Morison all they like but I for one don't think he did not mention how light we were up top until we brought Robinson through the door.

Lose to Rotherham or limp to a bore draw and I think we are very realistically looking at being in the relegation zone during the World Cup break.
    We would then have a few months with a condensed fixture list to save our Championship back.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I'd try him as a program seller first then working behind the bar and finally as a a ball boy

Mind you compared to Campbell, he looks like Rio Ferdinand

Who the **** watched these pair and thought they would be good for us🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️
    Probably the highly thought of (in our boardroom) transfer committee.

Nkounkou is the worst defensive defender I’ve seen for a very long time if not ever, but in his defense it might look better as a wing back in a 5 with less defensive responsibility and more cover.

If he has to play as part of his agreement with Everton (which I don’t think has ever been confirmed) I’d have him as a winger and switch him with O’Dowda before I put him back at LB. Teams are clearly targeting him at this point and why not - it would be a really short scouting session.