+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live Press Conference

Re: Live Press Conference

Think it's fairly standard for all clubs. The journalists ask the same fairly predictable questions (injury news, the last match, the next match, the manager's future) and the manager doesn't really answer any of it in any detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Think it's fairly standard for all clubs. The journalists ask the same fairly predictable questions (injury news, the last match, the next match, the manager's future) and the manager doesn't really answer any of it in any detail.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That’s true , any major news is usually released via official platforms when the club are ready.

I can see why the club and even the players wouldn't want to discuss injuries at length. It's a distraction. You're trying to prepare the entire match day squad for Saturday and all anyone wants to talk about is Rubin Colwill? Or another injured player? Other people have to come in and fill these positions. They probably don't want to hear it either.

Plus, it's all bollocks anyway. "we have a game against good opponents", "we've had a good week in training" "the lads are feeling good about getting back on the pitch", 'three points, blah blah blah." That's all you can expect really. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can see why the club and even the players wouldn't want to discuss injuries at length. It's a distraction. You're trying to prepare the entire match day squad for Saturday and all anyone wants to talk about is Rubin Colwill? Or another injured player? Other people have to come in and fill these positions. They probably don't want to hear it either.

Plus, it's all bollocks anyway. "we have a game against good opponents", "we've had a good week in training" "the lads are feeling good about getting back on the pitch", 'three points, blah blah blah." That's all you can expect really. Isn't it?
    It's all bollocks I agree. Waste of time really.

It's like football manager or fifa career where after the second match you don't give a crap what you click.

Maybe they are poorly paid. They don’t attract any quality.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe it was something to do with Covid vaccines

Can’t you just let people get on with discussing their local football team?
    Can’t you let posters you dislike reply to posts without getting personal. It’s a message-board and as far as I know all opinions are welcome.

I know you spend most of your time on here but there is an ignore facility. Thanks Owl Man

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Can’t you let posters you dislike reply to posts without getting personal. It’s a message-board and as far as I know all opinions are welcome.

I know you spend most of your time on here but there is an ignore facility. Thanks Owl Man
    Hang on, it was you who replied to something I posted and I could say it was personal - there was certainly a bit of a dig in it. I thought your reply was absurd in the context of this thread and I still do.

Hang on, it was you who replied to something I posted and I could say it was personal - there was certainly a bit of a dig in it. I thought your reply was absurd in the context of this thread and I still do. The
    Clearly you know absolutely nothing about PR and media then.

Clearly you know absolutely nothing about PR and media then.
    So, restricting the nature of the questions that can be asked at a media briefing beforehand is “PR and media” work then? Maybe you’re right, because that’s the complete opposite of what I’d expect them to.mean.

So, restricting the nature of the questions that can be asked at a media briefing beforehand is “PR and media” work then? Maybe you’re right, because that’s the complete opposite of what I’d expect them to.mean.
    Have you ever attended a media briefing?

Why do you think most businesses have a press officer , why do you think stories are leaked intentionally (or unintentionally) prior to official announcements ?

Do you know anyone who is a journalist or works in PR ?

Now now ladies, drop the handbags.
    Next round of bingo starting soon.

Have you ever attended a media briefing?

Why do you think most businesses have a press officer , why do you think stories are leaked intentionally (or unintentionally) prior to official announcements ?

Do you know anyone who is a journalist or works in PR ?
    You don’t seem to get that this conversation is about a football club that very few people care about outside South Wales. The thing is though that there’s a World Cup Tournament a few weeks away and the player at the club most likely to feature for Wales has not played for a month and doubts are growing as to whether he will be fit enough to take part.

I still find it hard to believe that the subject of Rubin Colwill’s fitness did not come up today - I’d say it’s likely that it’s just not been reported in those Wales Online articles. However, if you’re right and Colwill was not mentioned because the club made it clear that they didn’t want questions about him, then that’sppalling PR and media work and the true meaning of public relations has been lost.

Hudson and Sang sing The Blues.Out now C.D.Download and Vinyl.

My auntie was a journalist with the New York Post for 20 years, she told me if that’s if any use.
    You obviously thought that carried some weight. However, your auntie is guilty of generalising.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You obviously thought that carried some weight. However, your auntie is guilty of generalising.
    A 20 year career with one of the best know tabloids in the US suggests she knows more than you and clearly if the last few years are anything to go by then this is still going on. She is still in the media now and has been on GMTV in the past. My wife also worked in this field for 10 years based in London.
    People who spend most of their time on a message-board filling their retirement know better thought FFS

No mention of Colwill in the video of yesterday's media briefing on the club website - useless journalism if there really wasn't a question asked about him.

One thing which appeared to be confirmed in the video was that Sean Morrison is training with the squad. I think the same sort of thing happened with Joe Bennett after his ACL injury, so I don't think too much should be read into it.

You'd think the question would be asked about Colwill in the interest of Wales tbh as the longer it goes on the longer he looks like he will miss the WC? Doesn't ever seem to get a mention though.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    You'd think the question would be asked about Colwill in the interest of Wales tbh as the longer it goes on the longer he looks like he will miss the WC? Doesn't ever seem to get a mention though.
    Agreed. Wales has become a higher priority as far as I'm concerned.

I predict next press conference : "..and any news on Rubin Colwill? " Hudson, "..Rubin who ?"

My auntie was a journalist with the New York Post for 20 years, she told me if that’s if any use.
    Is your auntie Cindy Adams?

Managers are always answering questions they don't want to. See Morison and Klopp for examples, so this restricted stuff is nonsense. Just poor journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I predict next press conference : "..and any news on Rubin Colwill? " Hudson, "..Rubin who ?"
    I would be more inclined to ask is there any news on Dalman, Choo and VT, are they still alive?

VT is a chancer. He's the equivalent of a Russian oligarch. He got rich off (dodgy/unstable/corrupt) government contracts. His ownership of CCFC has been a joke. Choo and Dalman? **** off. He's the billionaire and WE owe him money! Where's Steve Borley in all this? They obviously haven't been able to remove him from the board, so he must have say. Speak up Steve!