+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Referee Bobby Madley lives down to his reputation as Cardiff City lose at home, but ………………

Referee Bobby Madley lives down to his reputation as Cardiff City lose at home, but ………………

Controversial disallowed goal cannot disguise Cardiff limitations.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Referee Bobby Madley lives down to his reputation as Cardiff City lose at home, but ………………

Madeley and the lino on the Ninian stand were a pair of arse clowns .
    City were poor yesterday but we played an opposition of 13

Re: Referee Bobby Madley lives down to his reputation as Cardiff City lose at home, but ………………

Perhaps VAR might have sorted this out correctly. On the other hand........

Good piece as always Bob. I agree we were poor today, but the referee and the one linesman were inept to say the least. If they got decisions wrong for both teams I could deal with that, but they seemed to get 3 big ones wrong and all against us!

As a reward the twat has been promoted back to the premier league

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    As a reward the twat has been promoted back to the premier league
    Beggars belief - promoting people for that level of incompetence he will be PM soon - seems to have the right moral compass for that as well

It makes you despair about the game. Forget about City, his performance in the Newport v Morecambe Play Off Final should have been a career ender.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It makes you despair about the game. Forget about City, his performance in the Newport v Morecambe Play Off Final should have been a career ender.
    I totally agree with you. It really does make me wonder about the whole system within football. We know there is an enormous amount of money in the game and it would be naive to think that football's obsessive relationship with betting is a healthy one.

I've always been and always will be someone who accepts that officiating will be difficult and that an official will only be as good as their last game. Mistakes will be made. They're supposed to be continually assessed and graded so it doesn't reflect well on those who are responsible. How is someone supposed to improve if the message is they are doing a good job?

However, to be promoted after the recent performances does seem as if there are some ugly truths to uncover within the structure and the game.

There is also the issue that there is a shortage of decent officials and that we're stuck with the best of a bad bunch and we reap what we sow if people no longer want to do the job because we expect every decision to be perfect and officials are threatened at grassroots levels by parents!
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 26-10-22 at 06:37. Reason: Spelling, grammar and no VAR

I refereed youth football for a while, the guideline was if you’re not sure don’t give it, don’t go looking for trouble. Bobby Maddeleyin our game - and even more in that Newport play off final , was guessing ( incorrectly) and making his importance more than the match itself

Agree about the abuse at grass roots level though, it’s ridiculous!

He is one sick man.
    Madley later revealed he was axed by the PGMOL after filming a video appearing to mock a disabled person which was shared with his employer.Four years later he's back in the premier league.

Mark Hudson has said that City received an apology from “the referees” saying that Robinson was onside for the disallowed goal against Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

There is also the issue that there is a shortage of decent officials and that we're stuck with the best of a bad bunch and we reap what we sow if people no longer want to do the job because we expect every decision to be perfect and officials are threatened at grassroots levels by parents!
    The abuse some of the grassroots lot get is way OTT, even in my league, though I do have to remind myself they are only human when a blatant penalty claim is ignored, or the ball crosses the line for a goal, the team celebrate, the ref signals a goal, and the ref is then surrounded by there other team and maybe the coaches and then feels threatened to change the call, its frustrating and easy to forget they are human, doing the job so the girls can play

Promoted until his next mistake against one of the "Big boys"

https://tribuna.com/en/blogs/cf14410...-e305c1fd7433/

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The abuse some of the grassroots lot get is way OTT, even in my league, though I do have to remind myself they are only human when a blatant penalty claim is ignored, or the ball crosses the line for a goal, the team celebrate, the ref signals a goal, and the ref is then surrounded by there other team and maybe the coaches and then feels threatened to change the call, its frustrating and easy to forget they are human, doing the job so the girls can play
    It's a real problem Matt. Where are top officials going to come from if they're abused at grassroots levels? There was a really interesting article on the BBC website recently where referees talked about their experiences. People slate VAR now too and yet when we had those two bad decisions against us, there were immediate calls for VAR to be used. They can't win. Add to that that the organisation representing pro refs is a corporate Ltd company and not like the old days where it would have been run and affiliated by/with the FA (in the UK) and there wasn't the pressure regarding betting.

Betting on lower league football is huge in Asia which can't be healthy for the game.