+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob Edwards rumours and odds dropping?

International

Rob Edwards rumours and odds dropping?

Rob Edwards odds have dropped a lot to 9/4 skybet and 5/4 bettingodds.com

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackr...s/cardiff-city

https://m.skybet.com/football/manage...event/30248463

Rumours on Instagram pages he's the one?

Re: Rob Edwards rumours and odds dropping?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Fingers crossed!

I'd prefer Critchley, but he's worth a go

Not sure about him, Forest Green limped over the line last season after having a big lead. I wouldn’t be too critical of what happened at Watford mind, but I thought it was too big a job for someone so inexperienced and the way he left Forest Green didn’t look good.

What rumours?

I never know what to make of managerial changes. To me doesn't strike me as much more experienced as Hudson

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What rumours?
    Along the lines of he is in discussions to become the new Manager.

And on the other board someone says he's down the club now lol (almost certanly made up from rumours on Instagram and probably twitter, although I haven't looked on twitter yet)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure about him, Forest Green limped over the line last season after having a big lead. I wouldn’t be too critical of what happened at Watford mind, but I thought it was too big a job for someone so inexperienced and the way he left Forest Green didn’t look good.
    Bob, I agree completely with your post. I just wish that we were attractive enough to get Neil Critchley.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Bob, I agree completely with your post. I just wish that we were attractive enough to get Neil Critchley.
    I don’t know how big or small it is, but I think there’s a group of good quality managers who remember the rebrand and some of the stories coming out of the club during our first season in the Premier League and would not be interested in coming here under the current ownership.

I’d like to think we could get Critchley if we wanted him, but I doubt it if we could.

not sure he is much of a upgrade over Huds, which then begs the question, why not give huds the job till the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    not sure he is much of a upgrade over Huds, which then begs the question, why not give huds the job till the end of the season
    I tend to agree.

Because we are going down with Hudson in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    no we will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

He was regarded as a coach with Wolves and they’ve recently tried to lure him back.

Was also appointed as a coach for England under 20s and went on to be head coach of the under-16s.

So I’d be confident that he’s a good coach.

Can we manage? I’d give him a shot

I said Critchley after he left Villa but maybe Critchley has other ideas, I thought it was a bit of an odd move to go to Villa in the first place if he enjoyed management that much.

Edwards I think is also worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I never know what to make of managerial changes. To me doesn't strike me as much more experienced as Hudson
    Spot on. And yet, for some unknown reason, people on here are clamouring for him to get the job !! They would prefer a manager with under one seasons League Two experience and the sack at his only Championship club after 10 games to a ex City player and club captain who knows the club inside out. You couldn't make it up really could you.

Unambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    No doubt you said the same thing last season about Morison.

Who doesn’t feel like much of an upgrade on Morison……

What do assistant managers do? Are they coaches? Do they train the players?

In the US, there are head coaches that pick the team and assistant coaches that run the drills etc.

Trainers are people that take care of fitness/health.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No doubt you said the same thing last season about Morison.
    Nope we are in a much worse situation

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Who doesn’t feel like much of an upgrade on Morison……

I know next to nothing about Rob Edward but according to Not the Top 20 Podcast, he likes 3/5 at the back and direct football so makes absolutely perfect sense for us abandon whatever "project" we were undertaking after 16 games. Go get him!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post

I know next to nothing about Rob Edward but according to Not the Top 20 Podcast, he likes 3/5 at the back and direct football so makes absolutely perfect sense for us abandon whatever "project" we were undertaking after 16 games. Go get him!
    Depends what you think about 3/5 at the back I suppose.
    Personally, I think you have to be a right fecking knob to think you're clever enough to get away with such systems in this league unless you have top players that are able to play such systems.
    It was the undoing of Morison, let's not revisit that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post

Being direct doesn’t necessarily mean hoofball or abandoning the project to play a more modern style of football.

It could mean playing through the lines quicker. Liverpool are a lot more direct than Man City for example but they don’t play hoofball.

Edwards was manager of Wolves under 23s and England under 16s I would highly doubt his style is going to be a throw back to Warnock and Mick.

And let’s be honest what was Morisons “project” exactly? Defenders tippy tappying across the back four which apart from padding out the possession stats wasn’t exactly getting us anywhere, we weren’t exactly cutting teams open. Yes the odd good half, the odd good goal but a lot of the time passing the ball with no real purpose just passing for passing sake. That’s as boring to watch as hoofball.

The odds are now getting tricky for the bookies to manage. They will pay out on a caretaker if they do 10 games, so if Hudson is in charge up to the World Cup they'll pay out.