Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Being direct doesn’t necessarily mean hoofball or abandoning the project to play a more modern style of football.

It could mean playing through the lines quicker. Liverpool are a lot more direct than Man City for example but they don’t play hoofball.

Edwards was manager of Wolves under 23s and England under 16s I would highly doubt his style is going to be a throw back to Warnock and Mick.

And let’s be honest what was Morisons “project” exactly? Defenders tippy tappying across the back four which apart from padding out the possession stats wasn’t exactly getting us anywhere, we weren’t exactly cutting teams open. Yes the odd good half, the odd good goal but a lot of the time passing the ball with no real purpose just passing for passing sake. That’s as boring to watch as hoofball.
Agree, it was less around Edwards and his style and more around the club that i was aiming my sarcasm at. However, i'm convinced Hudson will still be charge come December and most likely sacked a day before the transfer window closes.