https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...uct-are-upheld

Boxing needs to clean up its act.

There really need to be life bans.

Re: Connor Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...uct-are-upheld

Boxing needs to clean up its act.

There really need to be life bans.
    Yup, this is a very serious situation. It's bad enough in Athletics, Cycling etc, but people die in Boxing rings. I'm all for life bans.

Boxing has always been corrupted in on way or another ..

I was looking forward to this fight only really because of the fathers.
    Family name and honour as it was hyped.

Yes they have to be clean and free from any performance enhancements etc.
    But because of the amount of athletes that are found to have traces etc.

Just how easy is it for this stuff to get in your body and show up in test or how hard is it keep out at the top level?

What I’m saying is that regular honest gym goers or people who just do sports but take branded protein shakes, BCAA’s for recovery or for muscle
    Growth creatine, electrolytes etc with certified claims.

Most of these people probably would have a positive test result on that basis?

I’m not talking about those that the obvious use of steroids, ephedrines or growth hormone to cheat their way to peak physique.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

Just how easy is it for this stuff to get in your body and show up in test or how hard is it keep out at the top level?

What I’m saying is that regular honest gym goers or people who just do sports but take branded protein shakes, BCAA’s for recovery or for muscle

I’m not talking about those that the obvious use of steroids, ephedrines or growth hormone to cheat their way to peak physique.
    Nah - I'm not buying that, Benn is a professional athlete, Carl Frampton said a few weeks back that doping is drummed into you from an early age and gave an example about some skin cream that he wanted to use, but aired on the side of caution. This fight was put together for all the wrong reasons and the BBBC should be ashamed of themselves for sanctioning it in the first place...If anything it's a fight that should probably take place down by the Taf.

Benn had traces of a female fertility drug.

That wont be in food or supplements.

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproj...-conor-benn%2F

Elite / performance athletes / sportspeople know exactly what they can and cant take, shakes be it pre or aft workout will be safe, if they fail a test, they will then look at why, if its due to taking something genuinely by mistake, the governing body will accept that

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Elite / performance athletes / sportspeople know exactly what they can and cant take, shakes be it pre or aft workout will be safe, if they fail a test, they will then look at why, if its due to taking something genuinely by mistake, the governing body will accept that
    And of course Conor could have been trying to get pregnant.😂😂😂

Clomifene (the fertility drug) is also used to increase male testosterone levels and is very effective in young males. Clomifene can increase levels of aggression and muscle mass.

If Benn's dad knew about his son's drug taking I'd like to think he would have come down hard on him about it. If he knew and didn't do anything about it and therefore condoned it, then Benn senior's present and past reputation has to come into question.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Clomifene can increase levels of aggression and muscle mass.
    Exactly, wives have been taking it for years.

I wish someone would get those promoters in a ring and give them a kicking

Fecking slimeballs to a man

Is that Frank Warren still involved ?

He should be selling cars in Romford

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, wives have been taking it for years.
    🤣🤣🤣… you should give Uncle Bob some material for his stand up gig