+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gabriel Jayzeus ?

Re: Gabriel Jayzeus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    We're quite an insular lot and not that receptive to using foreign pronunciations, possibly for fear of sounding pretentious. I know it took me a while to get used to saying A(y)ax Amsterdam as it is correctly spoken and not Ajax as in the cleaning product. Every day's a school day Sludge.
    Day by day my Polish is improving but I had to throw away my concept of the English alphabet before I started to get it. J is also pronounced like a Y in Polish, I think Rz is the closest to a J

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Day by day my Polish is improving but I had to throw away my concept of the English alphabet before I started to get it. J is also pronounced like a Y in Polish, I think Rz is the closest to a J
    Gabriel Rzazeus?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wtf is up with these pathetic bbc commentators ?

His name is Jesus

It's not some mind your language speak proper cause at the local community college

Stupid cocks

Also it's a bit greedy having TWO biblical names, much like Ben Amos.

Having said that, having a midfield of Noah Magdalene, Moses Iscariot and Abel Cain would be quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Also it's a bit greedy having TWO biblical names, much like Ben Amos.

Having said that, having a midfield of Noah Magdalene, Moses Iscariot and Abel Cain would be quite cool.
    The game would probably be cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Gabriel Rzazeus?
    No that’s far too easy. I’ll take some advice & get back to you! There’s no strong G in Polish for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The game would probably be cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.

In the event of a flood our formation would have to change to 2 by 2 presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    In Spanish it’s Hay-zeus
    In Portuguese it’s Jay-zeus
    The Portuguese 'J' pronounced like the 's' in the word 'pleasure'.

It's Shay-seus in Portuguese, like wat they speek in Brazil where he comes from, and Hay-Seus in Spanish.

But regardless of the pronunciation, watching the PSV-Arsenal game on the tele on Thursday the text at the top of the screen was saying during one attack "...and he's looking for Jesus...And he's found Jesus".

Just nice to think that he's been saved however his name is pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    It's Shay-seus in Portuguese, like wat they speek in Brazil where he comes from, and Hay-Seus in Spanish.

But regardless of the pronunciation, watching the PSV-Arsenal game on the tele on Thursday the text at the top of the screen was saying during one attack "...and he's looking for Jesus...And he's found Jesus".

Just nice to think that he's been saved however his name is pronounced.
    If only the noise coming out of the BBC commentators gob was anywhere near what you describe in your first few lines 😉.......

I think a little word in these commentators shell likes would help make them sound less like cocks
    Haha I do love how upset you get about things like this. Almost as bad as TIT and OJO

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haha I do love how upset you get about things like this. Almost as bad as TIT and OJO
    Almost as bad as the fuss you make everytime anyone dare to talk about your Welsh language

I do love how upset you get etc etc

Almost as bad as the fuss you make everytime anyone dare to talk about your Welsh language

I can’t speak Welsh sadly. My school thought it pertinent to teach me French. Pointless.

Fair play, this is the most pathetic thread I've seen on here in a long time. We should pronounce people's names correctly. As a Davies, it does my nut in to be called Dayvees. Portuguese is not spanish and it does not sound like spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    In Spanish, it would be pronounced "Hay-Seus", probably in Portuguese too.
    I thought there was more culture in Cowbridge?
    Portuguese is very different. We should pronounce Neves as Nevsh, Pepe is Pep, Diego Jot, Bruno Fernandsh etc. The Portuguese players did a video on it.

Mick Channon during Mexico 86, calling Lineker Lineacre 😂

Well feckin learn it like the rest of your family then

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Mick Channon during Mexico 86, calling Lineker Lineacre 😂
    Christ yes , he had a tractor driving accent

Portsmouth's player in the 70's: name was Trebilcock but the commentators pronounced it (and possibly correctly for all I know) "Trebilko".

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I can’t speak Welsh sadly. My school thought it pertinent to teach me French. Pointless.
    Nul points?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Nul points?
    Dim pointio

Welsh Italian

Portsmouth's player in the 70's: name was Trebilcock but the commentators pronounced it (and possibly correctly for all I know) "Trebilko".
    There’s a Tosser who plays for England who the commentators incorrectly pronounce Grealish.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    There’s a Tosser who plays for England who the commentators incorrectly pronounce Grealish.
    IMG_20221101_041837.jpg

It could be worse, like the co-commentator on CityTV that used to always talk about American sports and refer to Colwill as "Coalwell".

I think he's been binned off this year though...much like Rubin 😁

Famous Everton player was Mike Trebilcock, scored two in the 1966 Cup Final win against Sheffield Wednesday.
    Although it’s a Cornish name apparently he has family in Tremorfa, their name is always pronounced, rightly or wrongly, as it’s spelt with ‘cock’ the last syllable.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Famous Everton player was Mike Trebilcock, scored two in the 1966 Cup Final win against Sheffield Wednesday.
    Although it’s a Cornish name apparently he has family in Tremorfa, their name is always pronounced, rightly or wrongly, as it’s spelt with ‘cock’ the last syllable.
    I want you on my pub quiz team Mr P. Your football history knowledge is a thing of beauty and to be celebrated with a jackpot of which I'm willing to give you 25% (overheads and the cost of living crisis I'm afraid).