+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 WATFORD. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WATFORD. Match thread

Oh come on

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Scouting report: Cardiff defenders refuse to even challenge at set pieces.
    Yeah definitely one of the easier scouting assignments

meanwhile Rotherham winning at Burnley!!!!

I'm not getting what the fuss is about Wintle, he's tidy enough and all that.

He played brilliantly in the post January Morison side last season but he's not been at that level since. I feel the same about Ng though. I just don't get the love.

Bloody hell, that was brave goalkeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He played brilliantly in the post January Morison side last season but he's not been at that level since. I feel the same about Ng though. I just don't get the love.
    Yes, would agree with that. In fairness, Watford have bullied the shit out of us tonight, we have tried, but we are very light.

Who's this Philogene imposter definitely not the same one I've seen this season

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Agree about Ng; he doesn't fill me with confidence.

Touch by Watters.........

My feed's gone dial-up circa 1995.

No forwards in the box in the 95th minute

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    No forwards in the box in the 95th minute
    Yup, two hail Mary Headers by the watford defenders as well, nobody within 10 yards of them.

This side is going down in my opinion

We have skirted with relegation on and off but this side is very weak physically

I would hate to be proved wrong but we are not good enough

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This side is going down in my opinion

We have skirted with relegation on and off but this side is very weak physically

I would hate to be proved wrong but we are not good enough
    Correct about the lack of physicality in my opinion. Watford were a better side all round in my opinion, and dominated us in the middle. Rhino, Wintleand ralls looked like boys.

I hope that our new coach will be looking after the forwards.

We're down to 18th in the table and two points above the relegation zone.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 WATFORD. Match thread

Correct about the lack of physicality in my opinion. Watford were a better side all round in my opinion, and dominated us in the middle. Rhino, Wintleand ralls looked like boys.
    A side that is going to stay up or do better is not going to win the odd game then fail again at the next hurdle

A win would have been great , a draw something but failing to get anything out of our home games on a fairly regular basis is abysmal

It's all very well looking for a new style of play but we had prescence in the team and now most of that has gone

If we are not bringing in some steel after Xmas I think we are doomed

Who is going to win us the games we need ?

I don't have too many complaints to be honest. I thought Watford were the better team, but they didn't outclass us. Without Robinson, we've got almost nothing up front. I thought Philogene and Ojo linked up well. Our defence is suspect, our midfield is shapeless. Having, said that, I still think that two or maybe three players could completely turn this team around.

We had two central defenders out there who don't really like going for the first ball, NG and Kipre are 2nd ball defenders, they're not that physical or good in the air, both have a little pace and would probably prefer to pick up the scraps, 2nd balls etc. Those two didn't work tonight against a physical outfit like Watford, but what do we do-Put Nelson back in? He's a league 1 player.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't have too many complaints to be honest. I thought Watford were the better team, but they didn't outclass us. Without Robinson, we've got almost nothing up front. I thought Philogene and Ojo linked up well. Our defence is suspect, our midfield is shapeless. Having, said that, I still think that two or maybe three players could completely turn this team around.
    Robinson can score goals but our problem is giving him the chances

Colwill is clearly out of action and may be for some time . Its no good throwing him back into a side desperate for a creative touch , he will need time .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A side that is going to stay up or do better is not going to win the odd game then fail again at the next hurdle

A win would have been great , a draw something but failing to get anything out of our home games on a fairly regular basis is abysmal

It's all very well looking for a new style of play but we had prescence in the team and now most of that has gone

If we are not bringing in some steel after Xmas I think we are doomed

Who is going to win us the games we need ?
    Something needs to happen, because it will be a long season. Watford were decent enough, but no world beaters. They looked quicker and stronger and we could never get to grips through the middle.

Their side is full of talent that have played in the Premier League. Thought we completed and unlucky to get something out of the game.

We really missed Robinson up top and I still think we bring Bagan back in.

Thought Philogene had a great game and Ralls.

We had two central defenders out there who don't really like going for the first ball, NG and Kipre are 2nd ball defenders, they're not that physical or good in the air, both have a little pace and would probably prefer to pick up the scraps, 2nd balls etc. Those two didn't work tonight against a physical outfit like Watford, but what do we do-Put Nelson back in? He's a league 1 player.
    Flint would have been perfect tonight

Now we just look featherweight