+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Global Warming Lark

Re: This Global Warming Lark

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with anything, just stating what is known to be true, and that is the planet warms and cools in repeating cycles. Are you disagreeing with that?
    You clearly have a very superficial understanding of the reasons that lead us to believe that climate change is real and man made.
    Can I suggest that you try to understand it in a bit more detail?
    Do you not think that climate scientists have noticed that the temperature has changed before, many times in fact.
    What is it that is different about this time?

We appear to be at, or near a global warming peak, so if the world starts cooling would you say it was down to a natural cycle, or climate intervention via Agenda 30/50?
    Why is it one of the other? The world warms and cools by a few degrees over the period of thousands of years, that doesn’t mean human interference can’t influence these processes for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Why is it one of the other? The world warms and cools by a few degrees over the period of thousands of years, that doesn’t mean human interference can’t influence these processes for better or worse.
    What happened to Acid Rain ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Have you tried googling that?

I'm not disagreeing with anything, just stating what is known to be true, and that is the planet warms and cools in repeating cycles. Are you disagreeing with that?
    There's no point entering a discussion with you anymore. You can't answer my simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You clearly have a very superficial understanding of the reasons that lead us to believe that climate change is real and man made.
    Can I suggest that you try to understand it in a bit more detail?
    Do you not think that climate scientists have noticed that the temperature has changed before, many times in fact.
    What is it that is different about this time?
    I posted observations, not opinions. I always keep an open mind, but it will be interesting to see how the coming climate restrictions affect us on an individual level. Will we see billionaires moving into our neighbourhoods in order to save the planet? How about private jets? Judging by the numbers seen at Davos recently, as they discussed restrictions for the masses, it seems unlikely that they are about to give them up. I always watch what people do, and not what they say. You should too.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m not exactly sure what you’re on about

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    There's no point entering a discussion with you anymore. You can't answer my simple question.
    Well don't then, I don't mind

I only started the thread to say what a nice day it was today pissing down now, effing Bluetit putting the kybosh on things

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I only started the thread to say what a nice day it was today pissing down now, effing Bluetit putting the kybosh on things
    The global cooling period has started!

The world heats up. The world cools down.

But before this, it had nothing to do with human input.

Unfortunately now it does and it is getting out of control.

As somebody said elsewhere - "Houston, we have a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    The world heats up. The world cools down.

But before this, it had nothing to do with human input.

Unfortunately now it does and it is getting out of control.

As somebody said elsewhere - "Houston, we have a problem"
    This is not an endorsement, but it seems like a good idea to ask who these 97% of scientists are.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexeps...-is-100-wrong/

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Climate change isn't an idea perpetuated by some elite few. It's probably the most widely agreed up scientific phenomenon in the world and has been for decades. It's been tested and confirmed by various doctors, scientists, academics and governments all across the world and from all walks of life and fields of research.
    Plus the oil companies who invested in a misinformation campaign, so they can continue to destroy the planet in return for obscene profits, which many in this thread have lapped up.

I posted observations, not opinions. I always keep an open mind, but it will be interesting to see how the coming climate restrictions affect us on an individual level. Will we see billionaires moving into our neighbourhoods in order to save the planet? How about private jets? Judging by the numbers seen at Davos recently, as they discussed restrictions for the masses, it seems unlikely that they are about to give them up. I always watch what people do, and not what they say. You should too.
    There will always be elements of society who would look to exploit the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    There will always be elements of society who would look to exploit the current situation.
    In this case, they are the ones who are making all the rules.

restrictions for thee, but not for we