+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Global Warming Lark

This Global Warming Lark

Not bad is it, November tomorrow and the weather’s glorious. Helping with energy bills as well no doubt.

Re: This Global Warming Lark

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Well that bloody jinxed that

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not bad is it, November tomorrow and the weather’s glorious. Helping with energy bills as well no doubt.
    I wonder if there are any 'sweet spots' in the world where climate change really is all positive (even if the rest of the globe is ruined)?

Not the UK obviously, with the increase in flooding and the 40 degree temperature record smashed. And the Gulf Stream threatening to move and bring us Moscow-type winters. And coastal towns under water. And summer droughts. And other bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It shows what a nerd I am that I can still remember in infants school our class keeping a daily record of the temperature throughout November. It was 15 degrees on the first and our teacher told us that was warm for November - she was right when it came to that year because it was the warmest day of the month with temperatures tending be in single figures or up to about 12 when it got into double figures.

Apart from one morning early this month when it was cold enough for me to put the radiators on for a couple of hours, I’ve not had them on yet. I heard on the radio last week that the temperatures we’ve been having are more typical of August and yet global warming doesn’t exist apparently.

It's lovely on the beach

*sent from my iPhone @Barry_Island

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It shows what a nerd I am that I can still remember in infants school our class keeping a daily record of the temperature throughout November. It was 15 degrees on the first and our teacher told us that was warm for November - she was right when it came to that year because it was the warmest day of the month with temperatures tending be in single figures or up to about 12 when it got into double figures.

Apart from one morning early this month when it was cold enough for me to put the radiators on for a couple of hours, I’ve not had them on yet. I heard on the radio last week that the temperatures we’ve been having are more typical of August and yet global warming doesn’t exist apparently.
    Global warming and global cooling has existed since the beginning of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    tell that to David Attenborough

Indeed, for 4.4 billion years before those pesky humans started to evolve

Trees falling over have always been a thing too. Doesn't mean if a took a JCB through Bute Park and knocked a few oaks over I can say it's natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Trees falling over have always been a thing too. Doesn't mean if a took a JCB through Bute Park and knocked a few oaks over I can say it's natural.
    diversion.jpg

I've asked the following question in every thread on this subject and I never get an answer.

To those who say man made climate change isn't real, can you describe the physical process that scientists say is causing this? What is it about this process that you disagree with?

Fair enough. We'll get back on topic.
    You've had several months since you declared you wanted to do some in depth research into climate change. Well what were your findings? Why not share your thoughts with the group

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I've asked the following question in every thread on this subject and I never get an answer.

To those who say man made climate change isn't real, can you describe the physical process that scientists say is causing this? What is it about this process that you disagree with?
    hc.jpg

That image has about 10 pixels in it. I've got no idea what it's saying, what it's source is or where it's come from.

Can you have a go at answering the question?

That image has about 10 pixels in it. I've got no idea what it's saying, what it's source is or where it's come from.

Can you have a go at answering the question?
    A picture paints a thousand words

A picture paints a thousand words
    So you can't answer it.

Fair enough. We'll get back on topic.
    You've had several months since you declared you wanted to do some in depth research into climate change. Well what were your findings? Why not share your thoughts with the group
    Still looking into it, but I have noticed that coming climate change legislation could have the ability to make everybody extremely poor, restrict movement, and change diets to genetically modified and lab manufactured nutritional sources. Based on that overview, I would want to be 110% sure that Bill Gates and his mates has our best interests at heart. How about you?

So you can't answer it.
    A quick glance at the chart shows that the world heats up and then it cools down again in repeating cycles.

Still looking into it, but I have noticed that the coming climate change legislation has the ability to make everybody extremely poor, restrict the movement, and change diets to genetically modified and lab manufactured nutritional sources. Based on that, I would want to be 110% sure that Bill Gates and his mates has our best intensions at heart.
    Climate change isn't an idea perpetuated by some elite few. It's probably the most widely agreed up scientific phenomenon in the world and has been for decades. It's been tested and confirmed by various doctors, scientists, academics and governments all across the world and from all walks of life and fields of research.

A quick glance at the chart shows that the world heats up and then it cools down again in repeating cycles.
    That's not some huge revelation. The Ice Age isn't something people discuss in hushed tones in case the secret gets out.

That's not what I asked.

I'll ask again. To those who say man made climate change isn't real, can you describe the physical process that scientists say is causing this? What is it about this process that you disagree with?

Don't divert this time.

That's not some huge revelation. The Ice Age isn't something people discuss in hushed tones in case the secret gets out.
    We appear to be at, or near a global warming peak, so if the world starts cooling would you say it was down to a natural cycle, or climate intervention via Agenda 30/50?

That's not what I asked.

I'll ask again. To those who say man made climate change isn't real, can you describe the physical process that scientists say is causing this? What is it about this process that you disagree with?

Don't divert this time.
    I'm not disagreeing with anything, just stating what is known to be true, and that is the planet warms and cools in repeating cycles. Are you disagreeing with that?

Even if the whole man-made climate change "lark" turns out to be a complete red herring, I have long argued for moving towards renewable forms of energy on the basis that fossil fuels will one day run out anyway. A whole new scenario faces us now which makes this even more necessary and that is the issue of national energy security. We should have learned the lessons of the 1970's when we had the likes of Sheik Yarmani and his mates holding the West to ransom over the cost of oil. Thankfully we are not Germany with their reliance on Russian fuels! It may be too late now to get all the infrastructure in place - hopefully not.