That's a nice early Christmas present

Re: Festive fixture changes - Live on Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    That's a nice early Christmas present

You’ve got to be seriously joking.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You’ve got to be seriously joking.
    No Joke tit....when it's a six hour drive to Cardiff each way....Live on Sky is welcome everyday of the week.

I don’t mind the Boxing Day game being pushed back to 5:15. Should make for a “merry” atmosphere (if we’re not in bad form).

Midday kick off on New Years Day away to Blackburn? **** that.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I don’t mind the Boxing Day game being pushed back to 5:15. Should make for a “merry” atmosphere (if we’re not in bad form).

My thoughts exactly.

We’ll be lucky to get 10,000, for Boxing Day, what with transport difficulties and family commitments

We’ll be lucky to get 10,000, for Boxing Day, what with transport difficulties and family commitments
    Not sure why you would say that. Boxing day attendances are traditionally the best of the year and I would have thought that it was just as easy, if not easier to get to a 5.15pm kick off than morning or early afternoon.

Christmas Fixtures

Saturday Dec 17th Cardiff v Blackpool

Monday Dec 26th Cardiff v QPR. 5:15pm - Live on Sky

Thursday Dec 29th Coventry v Cardiff. 7:45pm

Sunday Jan 1st Blackburn v Cardiff. 12 noon - Live on Sky

w/e 8th Jan FA Cup Rd 3

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Not sure why you would say that. Boxing day attendances are traditionally the best of the year and I would have thought that it was just as easy, if not easier to get to a 5.15pm kick off than morning or early afternoon.
    agree should get a healthy contingent from london too

We had 19k against Birmingham for a midday kick off, live on Sky and during rail strikes.

We had 19k against Birmingham for a midday kick off, live on Sky and during rail strikes.
    1) City inflate crowd numbers

2) Noon is not 5.15

3) At 5.15pm, I think more people would rather be home on a Boxing Day than being out in the cold

4) Is there even transport on Boxing Day ?

1) City inflate crowd numbers

2) Noon is not 5.15

3) At 5.15pm, I think more people would rather be home on a Boxing Day than being out in the cold

4) Is there even transport on Boxing Day ?
    A 10k crowd would mean the lower bowl of the stadium is only a 1/3rd full. Even the family stand, which is easily the emptiest part of the ground, doesn't get that empty. Not even for midweek games on a school night.

We have 14k ST holders and sell about 4k additional tickets. Lets say all the factors above cut that figure to only 2k extra sales then a 10k crowd means nearly half our ST holders don't turn up.

In other years Boxing Day crowds are usually higher than normal despite the lack of transport and the cold. A 5:15 KO and on Sky will have some impact but not to the extent of a 40% smaller crowd.

A 10k crowd would mean the lower bowl of the stadium is only a 1/3rd full. Even the family stand, which is easily the emptiest part of the ground, doesn't get that empty. Not even for midweek games on a school night.

We have 14k ST holders and sell about 4k additional tickets. Lets say all the factors above cut that figure to only 2k extra sales then a 10k crowd means nearly half our ST holders don't turn up.

In other years Boxing Day crowds are usually higher than normal despite the lack of transport and the cold. A 5:15 KO and on Sky will have some impact but not to the extent of a 40% smaller crowd.
    Well here’s 4 season ticket holders who won’t be there

I wanna be getting home at 5.15pm, not going out

think we will hit over 20,000+ boxing day even if we are languishing in the bottom 6
    think we will take a healthy following to Coventry too
    Hopefully if we can pick up a bit of form and points maybe shift a few half season tickets too .

Well here’s 4 season ticket holders who won’t be there

I wanna be getting home at 5.15pm, not going out
    Enjoy your nap and a Horlick's gramps

Enjoy your nap and a Horlick's gramps
    Family meal on Boxing Day, plus emptying a bottle of Bushmills

That's no one in the ground moment, transport will finish early , folks like an evening with family in pubs locally .. ffs

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    think we will hit over 20,000+ boxing day even if we are languishing in the bottom 6
    think we will take a healthy following to Coventry too
    Hopefully if we can pick up a bit of form and points maybe shift a few half season tickets too .
    Could be going to Walsall the way things are looking with Coventry's ongoing stadium situation!

5.15pm not a bad time at all. In my experience the family commitments I always miss due to an afternoon game on Boxing Day will be over and done with in plenty of time to get to the match. Early evening on Boxing Day is farting and burping on the settee for many, getting out for a few pints and the football is a marvellous alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Could be going to Walsall the way things are looking with Coventry's ongoing stadium situation!
    ...and Coventry face a points deduction which may help us out with staying up.

5.15 Boxing Day great news. Pub watch the King George and the rest of the racing then football. Great day.

12.00 up at Blackburn nightmare for those wanting to travel.

No problem with 5:15. Any family commitment can be undertaken in the light. Try having one less pint on Christmas Day and getting up early. Some people make me seethe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No problem with 5:15. Any family commitment can be undertaken in the light. Try having one less pint on Christmas Day and getting up early. Some people make me seethe.
    Better still, do what I do, leave the drink alone on Christmas Day, get out on Boxing Day, in the pubs, down the City, back in the pubs and get absolutely banjaxed.

You're such a misery!