+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FT: SUNDERLAND 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SUNDERLAND 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were the better team over the ninety minutes and I can’t remember Allsop making a save.

A word about Watters - Harris had three attack minded players supporting him while he was on, Watters had no one. That doesn’t excuse his poor performance and it wasn’t a complete surprise when he was subbed, but he was up there by himself.
    For me it was more about what he wasn't doing when we didn't have the ball.

Re: SUNDERLAND v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You reckon the second half decisions and performance on and off the pitch were spot on? I despair. The first half display was excellent, we played them off the park but the ‘clever tinkering’ just doesn’t work with the clientele we have,
    It did work. We won. 1-0 away at Sunderland, a place we traditionally lose at. Alsop had very little to do second half and we defended well. Possession stats mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    19 games.
    OK but the article i read said " after matchday 18" and also last night during the Reading/Preston game they said the same. Will have to wait and see.

Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban. Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban. Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Great commentary team they actually focus on the game unlike ours who just spout shite half the time.
    I thought their commentary team were excellent and very fair.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It did work. We won. 1-0 away at Sunderland, a place we traditionally lose at. Alsop had very little to do second half and we defended well. Possession stats mean nothing.
    Almost agree with you, and we did defend well. Hudson is fresh, he's a new manager. He tried to shore things up and at times it did invite pressure, although i don't understand people being tough on him. Great win.

ill take them points all day, played well in 1st half even though some of the final touches were very to be desired... should have been 3 up long ago

and then we could have deffended the game and brought the likes of watters on in the 85 min

i dont think its all about watters attitude as some are saying, its also about the ability, hes way out of his level here, would be scoring goals in l2 maybe l1 at very very best, could still have a carrear but lets hope he can paint and decorate too

Radio Wales saying Tan will be in Cardiff this coming weekend.

All the Cardiff City detractors on this board must be very unhappy tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Yes, he’s off to see Goldie Lookin Chain at the Tramshed

Well done Harris for proving me wrong
    Ojo less so.
    Should have been over ht.
    Stress and blood pressure through the roof following this lot for over 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Someone should have told him we were playing away!

It was a very good first half performance, we played some nice passing football and played high up the pitch. Once we scored I thought we changed formation too early, but Watters not holding the ball up or doing any closing down didn’t help. We defended very well, thought all the back four did well

seemed like Nelson did well when he came on - and Nkounkou was mentioned a few times doing good defensive work

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    You knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Someone should have told him we were playing away!
    I think he wants his Hull stub in midweek

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    His missus is a nutter

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think he wants his Hull stub in midweek

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    All the Cardiff City detractors on this board must be very unhappy tonight.
    Why would a Cardiff City fan be unhappy Cardiff City won a match?

ok...on the bright side...five points behind our friends down west and seven points off a play off place.....

...but then again only four points off relegation place......

International

Great performances we attacked very well first half and should have been three nil up, we defended brilliantly second half, when our backs were against the wall.

Watters was terrible no effort, that’s him finished give him away in January, just get rid he might get a game in the 2nd division if he improves his attitude?

We've missed Robinson, he would have made a big difference and if we had hm for the start of the season, could well be in the playoffs right now, having to play Watters has cost us at least seven points probably a lot more.

Great win onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree, we were the better side. **** Watters, he's not interested. All he had to do was be strong, hold onto the ball, draw a foul, slow the game down. He did none of those things. He's not only shit, but stupid as well. Look at Mark Harris, not the most technically gifted, but he gives everything and more, and that's why he'll have a career at this level, because of his willingness to work and do the shitty stuff for the team, unlike Watters.
    And going off behind the goal rather than taking the slow walk across the pitch when we are trying to kill the game. Unprofessional and well as rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And going off behind the goal rather than taking the slow walk across the pitch when we are trying to kill the game. Unprofessional and well as rubbish.
    they have to go off the nearest side these days don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they have to go off the nearest side these days don't they?
    It was discussed at a game I was watching in the week - apparently, it’s still supposed to happen, but they were saying that it’s not being. observed as much this season.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We were the better team over the ninety minutes and I can’t remember Allsop making a save.

A word about Watters - Harris had three attack minded players supporting him while he was on, Watters had no one. That doesn’t excuse his poor performance and it wasn’t a complete surprise when he was subbed, but he was up there by himself.
    I'm trying to find positives about the lad and agree with the point you make.

Their back three had a field day playing around him because he had little, if any, support.

I don't think he would have been a starter, but if he was then the story may have been different.

That said he's had enough chances to impress, and has failed to show what he can do.

He had a half-decent loan spell in League 1 at MK Dons up to the end of December last year scoring 6 goals.

Perhaps, as many have said, he's not good enough (for Cardiff City) at this level.