+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Excess Deaths Continue

Re: Excess Deaths Continue

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Just to begin :

https://www.economist.com/science-an...ic-engineering

But this argument is done - You'll accept and believe the prevailing mantra, I'll question it.
    From what I can read in that article, before the paywall kicks in, this claim is not peer reviewed and "Two recent publications appear to have bolstered the case for a natural origin connected to a “wet market” in Wuhan."

I assume it gets a bit more convincing afterwards? Must say, I'm surprised it's not been peer reviewed considering you say that most major medical and scientific institutions are on that side of the fence

I'm sure you'll be ok with me questioning this article, right?

Over zealous lockdown measure has greatly impacted on peoples health , mental strengths , education , jobs and inflation .

And for what ??

ws:

Median age in years Median age in years​ Mean age in years Mean age in years​
    Involving COVID-19 Due to COVID-19 Involving COVID-19 Due to COVID-19
    Persons 83 83 80.3 80.4
    Male 81 81 78.6 78.7
    Female 85 85 82.3 82.5
    Notes

Based on deaths registered in England and Wales up to and including week ending 2nd October.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/trans...iedwithcovid19

The Covid deaths are same average nearly ??

2015-17 2018-20
    Life Expectancy at birth Median age at death
    UK 82.9 85.8
    England 83.1 86.1
    Wales 82.3 85.2

Should have just protected the elderly / vulnerable and let life crack on .. I know children who won't go to school out of fear . and adults wont go out ...........or report early poor health as they are scared of hospital visits .

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's the Russia collusion hoax all over again. Rinse & repeat.
    What was the Russia Collusion Hoax?

trump putin 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Over zealous lockdown measure has greatly impacted on peoples health , mental strengths , education , jobs and inflation .

And for what ??

ws:

Median age in years Median age in years​ Mean age in years Mean age in years​
    Involving COVID-19 Due to COVID-19 Involving COVID-19 Due to COVID-19
    Persons 83 83 80.3 80.4
    Male 81 81 78.6 78.7
    Female 85 85 82.3 82.5
    Notes

Based on deaths registered in England and Wales up to and including week ending 2nd October.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/trans...iedwithcovid19

The Covid deaths are same average nearly ??

2015-17 2018-20
    Life Expectancy at birth Median age at death
    UK 82.9 85.8
    England 83.1 86.1
    Wales 82.3 85.2

Should have just protected the elderly / vulnerable and let life crack on .. I know children who won't go to school out of fear . and adults wont go out ...........or report early poor health as they are scared of hospital visits .
    There is no way that you know children (plural) who don't to school and adults (plural) who don't go out because they are still scared of covid.

DHOTYA contender.

Just to begin :

https://www.economist.com/science-an...ic-engineering

But this argument is done - You'll accept and believe the prevailing mantra, I'll question it.
    I'm not sure what you mean now.
    That article, just in the headline, uses both "Controversial new research suggests" and "SARS-CoV-2 bears signs of genetic engineering
    The claim has yet to be peer-reviewed"

I honestly don't know if that was intended to back up my argument or yours, but I honestly thought that given that was your starting point it would've been something convincing..

I'm also not opposed to questioning the mainstream media, just would want to do it based on reliably sourced facts

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What was the Russia Collusion Hoax?
    People getting their information from propaganda outlets, and then trying to convince the world that it was all true.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    From what I can read in that article, before the paywall kicks in, this claim is not peer reviewed and "Two recent publications appear to have bolstered the case for a natural origin connected to a “wet market” in Wuhan."

I assume it gets a bit more convincing afterwards? Must say, I'm surprised it's not been peer reviewed considering you say that most major medical and scientific institutions are on that side of the fence

I'm sure you'll be ok with me questioning this article, right?
    Of course. questioning, debate, all for it !

Of course. questioning, debate, all for it !
    Great!

Let's start with this:

"in the last couple of months most of the major medical and scientific institutions have said that in all probability the virus has had genetic modifications and had been genetically manipulated in a laboratory. "

I'm questioning this sentence. Care to debate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    People getting their information from propaganda outlets, and then trying to convince the world that it was all true.
    The irony here is truly quite remarkable

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    The irony here is truly quite remarkable
    I thought it was just me thinking that!

Great!

Let's start with this:

"in the last couple of months most of the major medical and scientific institutions have said that in all probability the virus has had genetic modifications and had been genetically manipulated in a laboratory. "

I'm questioning this sentence. Care to debate it?
    Which Lab's

Which Lab's
    Which Labs?

Great Question. Over to the people who decry the prevailing mantra and don't get their information from propaganda outlets, I guess.

They both have gone on record to say Covid was just like common flu and one of them said it was going to be like Y2K, so we should at least hear them out!

Which Lab's
    The University Of Madey Tup.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean now.
    That article, just in the headline, uses both "Controversial new research suggests" and "SARS-CoV-2 bears signs of genetic engineering
    The claim has yet to be peer-reviewed"

I honestly don't know if that was intended to back up my argument or yours, but I honestly thought that given that was your starting point it would've been something convincing..

I'm also not opposed to questioning the mainstream media, just would want to do it based on reliably sourced facts
    Any scientist with the education, experience, qualifications and ability to get a job in an institution with the funding and instruments to deeply analyse the genetic make up of a virus will have years of involvement with the peer review process as it's a core part of scientific progress.

But apparently it doesn't matter this one time for some reason.

Any scientist with the education, experience, qualifications and ability to get a job in an institution with the funding and instruments to deeply analyse the genetic make up of a virus will have years of involvement with the peer review process as it's a core part of scientific progress.

But apparently it doesn't matter this one time for some reason.
    I don’t think Covid19 has actually been isolated has it ?

I know it’s similar to flu \ cold from the times I’ve “tested positive “

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I don’t think Covid19 has actually been isolated has it ?

I know it’s similar to flu \ cold from the times I’ve “tested positive “
    Why don't you take that up with the guy who says it was genetically manipulated?

Sneezing is also a major symptom ( Yep that’s right )

https://joinzoe.com/learn/covid-new-...covid-symptoms

[QUOTE=TWGL1;53632

I know it’s similar to flu \ cold from the times I’ve “tested positive “[/QUOTE]

Always a concern when someone, who is convinced the vast majority of scientists in the world are wrong but one or two are right, also implies that flu is the same thing as a cold.

Do you agree that flu and the common cold are quite different or is flu a fuss about nothing too?

Always a concern when someone, who is convinced the vast majority of scientists in the world are wrong but one or two are right.
    Funding has a lot to do with it.

Always a concern when someone, who is convinced the vast majority of scientists in the world are wrong but one or two are right, also implies that flu is the same thing as a cold.

Do you agree that flu and the common cold are quite different or is flu a fuss about nothing too?
    My concern was that they alienated , bullied , locked people down, vax shamed ,shut down debate , coerced people etc for a virus that was similar to flu ( which is dangerous to certain groups). For clarification I said it was like a cold for myself, (which I thought it would be from the outset) , probably because I eat well, exercise daily and have a low BMI. I also have never had a days sick in my 31 years employment. Hope that clarifies the position.

This guy for example

https://twitter.com/fatemperor/statu...M6gTEYeK6i863w

My concern was that they alienated , bullied , locked people down, vax shamed ,shut down debate , coerced people etc for a virus that was similar to flu ( which is dangerous to certain groups). For clarification I said it was like a cold for myself, (which I thought it would be from the outset) , probably because I eat well, exercise daily and have a low BMI. I also have never had a days sick in my 31 years employment. Hope that clarifies the position.

This guy for example

And now they are going to starve people and force them into eating bugs, while removing farmers off their land, and the one's planning all this were tucking into beef medallions, poultry, fish & fresh dairy produce!

This guy for example

Your point was that " I know it’s similar to flu \ cold ". I just questioned what you said, because flu and a cold are not the same thing. If you don't know that they're not the same thing, then you probably haven't had flu. Maybe man flu but not actually flu, that's all.

For the record if I had covid, being to the best of my knowledge fit and well, i'd hope to also have limited symptoms. Maybe I've had it.
    The reason they treated it differently to flu, was because there has been a longstanding vaccine in place for flu.

I do understand your position. You didn't agree with lockdowns, don't agree with vaccines. Get it, I respect your opinion and however much debate there is to be had you won't change that and that's your right. As far as you're concerned then there was a major over-reaction. However the majority of scientists worldwide, better qualified than both of us completely disagree with you and you don't have to make out that every single one of them is involved in some sort of lunatic conspiracy, with a poorly sourced website apparently backing it up as some sort of proof

Your point was that " I know it’s similar to flu \ cold ". I just questioned what you said, because flu and a cold are not the same thing. If you don't know that they're not the same thing, then you probably haven't had flu. Maybe man flu but not actually flu, that's all.

For the record if I had covid, being to the best of my knowledge fit and well, i'd hope to also have limited symptoms. Maybe I've had it.
    The reason they treated it differently to flu, was because there has been a longstanding vaccine in place for flu.

I do understand your position. You didn't agree with lockdowns, don't agree with vaccines. Get it, I respect your opinion and however much debate there is to be had you won't change that and that's your right. As far as you're concerned then there was a major over-reaction. However the majority of scientists worldwide*, better qualified than both of us completely disagree with you and you don't have to make out that every single one of them is involved in some sort of lunatic conspiracy, with a poorly sourced website apparently backing it up as some sort of proof
    *The majority of scientists sponsored by big pharma. Those who spoke out sacrificed their careers.

I do understand your position. You didn't agree with lockdowns, don't agree with vaccines. Get it, I respect your opinion and however much debate there is to be had you won't change that and that's your right. As far as you're concerned then there was a major over-reaction. However the majority of scientists worldwide, better qualified than both of us completely disagree with you and you don't have to make out that every single one of them is involved in some sort of lunatic conspiracy, with a poorly sourced website apparently backing it up as some sort of proof
    There are a significant amount of eminent scientists, scientific advisors and peers who had the opposite opinion, but were not given the same platform to give their views , and they should have been even if you or me didn’t agree with them. Don’t you think that was odd in a supposedly democratic society?
    Edit yet they gave a philanthropist like Bill Gates literally thousands of hours air time.

There are a significant amount of eminent scientists, scientific advisors and peers who had the opposite view but were not given the same platform to give their views , and they should have been even if you or me didn’t agree with them. Don’t you think that was odd in a supposedly democratic society?
    Not odd, because big pharma showered the media with hundreds of millions of dollars. Same with the research institutions.