+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mattress in A Box

Mattress in A Box

Anyone have one and like it ? Bought a Simba for my daughter and she seems to get on OK with it. However we bought an Emma, premium at about £700, and I like a firm mattress but this was like sleeping on the floor, so sent it back for a refund, and bought their cheaper softer version. Now this............IMO is absolute junk, have put up with it for a few weeks but leaves me aching all over, its basically a giant piece of foam, that doesnt support where it should, so that too is going back. the guy that collected the first one told me he's collecting loads of them as returns.

I had a dunlopillo for about 10 years so have pushed the boat out and bought that brand again.

Anyone else had similar experience with the 'boxed mattresses' or on the other hand loves theirs ?

Re: Mattress in A Box

It ain't worth a thing, if it ain't got those springs....

Love my Simba.
    Apart from the massive improvement in comfort and support, a big benefit is how cool it stayed in the hot weather.

I can't stand any of these memory foam mattress, all far too soft. and theres more than a touch of the emperor's New clothes about them.

I went for the hardest sprung mattress that I could find and it's the best I've ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Anyone have one and like it ? Bought a Simba for my daughter and she seems to get on OK with it. However we bought an Emma, premium at about £700, and I like a firm mattress but this was like sleeping on the floor, so sent it back for a refund, and bought their cheaper softer version. Now this............IMO is absolute junk, have put up with it for a few weeks but leaves me aching all over, its basically a giant piece of foam, that doesnt support where it should, so that too is going back. the guy that collected the first one told me he's collecting loads of them as returns.

I had a dunlopillo for about 10 years so have pushed the boat out and bought that brand again.

Anyone else had similar experience with the 'boxed mattresses' or on the other hand loves theirs ?
    I think he played for Newcastle but he didn't get in the box very often.

We have one in the guest room.
    It's very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    We have one in the guest room.
    It's very comfortable.
    You and the missus fall out very often?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You and the missus fall out very often?
    😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

I have always had trouble with mattresses be they traditional sprung ones or the memory foam in a box type

At the moment I have an EVE original which is ok , great in the winter as its cool and I can't stand sleeping in a warm bed ....but a nightmare in the summer so I just sleep on the duvet

I tried an OTTY but didn't like it , it's a hybrid mattress and just living in my garage all on its own so if anyone wants it they can have it

EMMA essential is really thin and no good for anyone except old people or kids

The EMMA original is indeed a bit hard but you can get a mattress topper from Panda 🐼 and that's a reasonable night's sleep

International

I tried a Casper, then Simba, Eve, Emma, all for just under 100 days, all similar I ended up keeping an Otty, but on reflection it's a bit firm, I wish i'd stuck with Simba or Emma.

I suppose at least I had free mattress hire for well over a year!

Apparently some do 200 days now, so I may change or at least try a softer one for longer.

International

Simba have the best trustpilot reviews at 4.4 https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/simbasleep.com
    Emma and Nectar 4.3 - Nectar have a 365 day free trial, so I may try for a year

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I tried a Casper, then Simba, Eve, Emma, all for just under 100 days, all similar I ended up keeping an Otty, but on reflection it's a bit firm, I wish i'd stuck with Simba or Emma.

I suppose at least I had free mattress hire for well over a year!

Apparently some do 200 days now, so I may change or at least try a softer one for longer.
    That's good to know, I had a mate who siad it was a nightmare to get them returned, I take it you found the process fine? I need a new one see

International

Me and the first wife had a water bed but we drifted apart

The main bed I’ve got here in Poland is an Emperor size, basically two singles in a cover, which is a common practice. Hard as rock. I bought a mattress out of a box from a local firm £280 and put it on top. Perfect ��

Quote Originally Posted by Dave St View Post
    That's good to know, I had a mate who siad it was a nightmare to get them returned, I take it you found the process fine? I need a new one see
    I have a small double otty here if you can use it

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave St View Post
    Yes mostly OK, I had to return within 100 days so rang on 86 days giving them two weeks to collect, all were fine, just Emma I had to email them and call for a few days, then it was sorted no issues

I have an Emma, happy with it to be fair, think it is a good mattress.

Having gone from sleeping on cheap shit for years as a student it was a revelation.

Bought a refurb Simba off ebay about a year ago (i think they are just trial ones that have gone back) was like brand new and it's brilliant - Wouldn't go for any other one now