+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saints sack Hasenhüttl and have approached Luton for Nathan Jones

Re: Saints sack Hasenhüttl and have approached Luton for Nathan Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It is bloody mad though isn't it that Crocker is DoF at Southampton and we've got...well...?

Tan's been a stubborn arse over the years for all his money and financial support.
    Crocker and Jones were both Apprentices at the club at the same time, in fact, jonah played outside Crocker on the left. Jonah could play, Crocker was shit.

My son's mate started at Villa, went to Bristol City and ended up at Southamptons academy based at the University of Bath. He said it was a non contest, Southampton were light years ahead of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My son's mate started at Villa, went to Bristol City and ended up at Southamptons academy based at the University of Bath. He said it was a non contest, Southampton were light years ahead of the other two.
    They have been for for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I dare say there'll be a hefty compo package involved, enough to scare our board shitless.
    IIRC, he's got a five or six year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    We should have been the ones officially speaking to Nathan Jones months ago. What a joke we are at times.
    We probably did but they rejected our offer of a Berjaya HQ tour and Max Watters on loan.

Their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We probably did but they rejected our offer of a Berjaya HQ tour and Max Watters on loan.

Their loss.
    We’ve never been good at haggling at City!

Interesting choice, not sure he’s up to it but a great chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Wasn't Haselhuttl's first match as Southampton's manager against us? We won. Nathan Jones has been successful at Luton but a disaster at Stoke. I doubt whether he would be a perfect fit for us.
    It was. It pissed down.

I wasn't there. I was gloryholing a music stand with a snowman's nose that afternoon (honestly).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It was. It pissed down.

I wasn't there. I was gloryholing a music stand with a snowman's nose that afternoon (honestly).
    We did the double over them that season I think. if I recall correctly Ken came on and scored a ''screamer' at St Mary's - actually he mishit it and it tricked over the line. I don't know how they stayed up that season; they were pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    We did the double over them that season I think. if I recall correctly Ken came on and scored a ''screamer' at St Mary's - actually he mishit it and it tricked over the line. I don't know how they stayed up that season; they were pants.
    With him mouthing “I’m back” to us fans behind the goal.......unfortunately he wasn’t back.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    its a great setup at Bath's STV, massive numbers though, I used to watch them train once a week ( only so many netball drills you can watch ) , its a great earner for Southampton

Neil Critchley and Mark Bonner (the Cambridge Utd one) favourites for the Luton job if Nathan Jones goes to Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    With him mouthing “I’m back” to us fans behind the goal.......unfortunately he wasn’t back.
    Maybe he was saying "I'm cack"?

If Jones goes to Southampton, they are going down for sure. No experience of the “ big time” , and players who are clearly not good enough right now. If I was Ward- Prowse , I’d be out of there as soon as I could.