+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air fryers.

Air fryers.

Bought one of these a fortnight ago, largely on the back of what I heard on this podcast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0018hjr

I'm not regretting it all, cooked chips in it and they're fine although you have to give them a shake half way through (they take twenty minutes to cook) because you can get the occasional one that's under cooked. I've "fried" sausages and burgers with it and didn't think there was a difference compared to traditional frying.

They're quicker and much cheaper on energy consumption than traditional ovens and cheaper than microwaves, I'd recommend one to anyone who was thinking of getting one.

Re: Air fryers.

Agreed, they're great. Though, a note of caution, I found the one I bought earlier this year to be so handy I haven't dared touch it for months otherwise I might return to filling it several times a week with frozen chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Agreed, they're great. Though, a note of caution, I found the one I bought earlier this year to be so handy I haven't dared touch it for months otherwise I might return to filling it several times a week with frozen chips.
    Anybody know where to buy a decent one as the ones available appear to be the ones where all the food is in one draw

I prefer a dual draw ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Anybody know where to buy a decent one as the ones available appear to be the ones where all the food is in one draw

I prefer a dual draw ?
    I have a Ninja Dual Zone ,(2 Drawer)) one of the best purchases I have made for the kitchen .Had it for a couple of years , Cook your fish and chips at the same time , either sync the cooking time or set each drawer individually .
    The food does need a shake to get everything cooked evenly .
    Healthier , cheaper to run and easier than conventional cooking . Easy to clean .
    BBC have done an article on them in either BBC player or BBC sounds ,their conclusion , much cheaper to run than convectional cooking.

I would shop around they are normally around the £200 mark but can be higher and lower than that .
    Not cheap but once you have one you wont look back .

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

I prefer a dual draw ?
    Mine's got two draws, I got it on Amazon, it was more expensive than I was planning to pay, but I'm more than happy with it. Here's one on Amazon that is very similar to mine;-

https://boxed2me.co.uk/product/nedis...8aApr-EALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mine's got two draws, I got it on Amazon, it was more expensive than I was planning to pay, but I'm more than happy with it. Here's one on Amazon that is very similar to mine;-

https://boxed2me.co.uk/product/nedis...8aApr-EALw_wcB

Thanks , I’m getting that one

Regards

First Team

This must be a new low for the board ��.

To really put the icing on the cake, I also looked at buying one recently but ended up with a cordless vacuum cleaner instead.

We really do live the rock and roll lifestyle on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

To really put the icing on the cake, I also looked at buying one recently but ended up with a cordless vacuum cleaner instead.

Got one yesterday. Looking forward to using it now I 've read the comments.

Looking forward to mine as well

Could this be the end of the Microwave

Stand by for threads debating preferred brands of fabric conditioner, deodorants, furniture polish and what rubber gloves are kindest to our hands.

Black Friday is coming up so it may be worthwhile waiting a couple of weeks to see if any have decent discounts

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ive got one wouldnt be without it now.🤣

My missus just asked can you do a whole chicken in one? (Sorry!)

[QUOTE=Des Parrot;5360929]My missus just asked can you do a whole chicken in one? (Sorry!)[/QUOTE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Ace...0e6912b&nodl=1

Just used mine for the first time, it was given to us brand new, so no expense. Will be looking to upgrade shortly, great advice on here………….by the way, are the City playing today?

If Air fryer was our new left winger this would be the right forum

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    If Air fryer was our new left winger this would be the right forum
    Have you seen him? I have, no fat on him at all, he’s electric

we have had a cheapo one for about 3 years now, certainly pre covid, it gets used more than the oven, think we paid £40 for it from B&M , in fact if my memory is right, I got it for the wife as a christmas gift for a bit of a joke

my oldest daughter got one for her Uni house in the summer, from ASDA, cost 30 quid, she cooks loads in it

of course at the prices above, its only a single drawer type, we did discuss getting another single drawer incase we want to do 2 things

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My missus just asked can you do a whole chicken in one? (Sorry!)
    Yes you can. Cleaning it after isn't much fun as loads of fat comes out but it cooks beautifully.

Just make sure you buy one that is big enough,as most aren't.

The Ninja Foodie is fantastic.
    I use the pressure cooker a ton.

I bought a fancy electric stove with an air fryer oven. But the tray that came with it doesn't allow enough air to get underneath. I could put the drip pan on a lower shelf but then I'd have grease all over the grilles. I need to invent something.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we have had a cheapo one for about 3 years now, certainly pre covid, it gets used more than the oven, think we paid £40 for it from B&M , in fact if my memory is right, I got it for the wife as a christmas gift for a bit of a joke

my oldest daughter got one for her Uni house in the summer, from ASDA, cost 30 quid, she cooks loads in it

of course at the prices above, its only a single drawer type, we did discuss getting another single drawer incase we want to do 2 things
    See what 🎅 brings you 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The Ninja Foodie is fantastic.
    I use the pressure cooker a ton.
    we have this one

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/n...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ninja Foodie 9-in-1

Cooks all sorts, use it every day, in conjunction with the microwave it does most of our meals. Does McCain French Fries perfectly with no oil added. Always shake half way through, still much easier than cooking in the oven.

We've done whole chicken in it, lovely. Also bake our own ham, cook sausages, battered fish cooks well, fresh salmon, warms up pies. We've made soup and other pressure cooker and slow cooker meals.

It's one basket but there are racks that allow you to stack. Does things like onion rings from frozen, again with no oil but perfectly crispy. I've done steak in it as well. Used it to melt cheese on toast.

It bakes ready meals if you prefer them oven cooked rather than microwaved. In less time that a normal oven.

Why ?

We have ovens , microwaves , woks , saucepans etc

What's the advantage of these ?

If you are eating fish in batter and chips then it's not very healthy whatever way you cook it ?