+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hope you enjoyed that Vincent

Re: Hope you enjoyed that Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I would agree with that. He did have his flaws and concentration problems, but i do think that there is a player in there somewhere. NYC Blue made a good point recently. something along the lines of his head isn't quite right. There seems to be a theme with some modern day footballers who rely on technical ability, in terms that if they start badly, they don't seem to recover, things get progressively worse. I don't know if that's down to how they are expected to play. 20 years ago, a player like ojo etc could back out of taking risks and playing with their back to goal by turning themselves around and just doing the basics, in short, just doing the bear minimum so that they didn't put themselves in positions of failure. That isn't an option in todays game as forward thinking midfielders are expected to get ob the ball.

Ir's a difficult position to be in and one that needs a fast start if things are to flourish, and i do wonder about the intelligence levels of players like ojo, it's like they've been coached so hard that to make personal adjustments is outside of their remit. He's never going to be a world beater, but i do believe that if things are right for him and if he can use some intelligence on the pitch, then he will make a positive contribution. There's a lack of character out there sometimes, and i do think that the modern young player is coached so hard that some of them just can't take their foot off the coaching manual pedal and play outside what is failing. I hope that he comes good. I'll also add that i believe that young modern coaches need to adjust, or allow players to adjust when things are failing. There seems to be a puerile element in terms of how football should be played now.
    Ojo is lacking confidence currently, but the poor first touch which handed Hull possession inside our own half for their first two goals has always been there. He has pace, power and decent ability once he has the ball under control, but he has very little game intelligence and is so frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Having witnessed up close exactly what you've done to this club.

You reap what you sow.
    So much self sabotage and the bitterness runs deep

There were people that wanted us to fail when we were doing well, and happy we’re failing now

Weird attitudes

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ojo was ok last time he was with us
    No more than ok in my opinion. I wonder what Liverpool ever saw in him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    So much self sabotage and the bitterness runs deep

There were people that wanted us to fail when we were doing well, and happy we’re failing now

Weird attitudes
    Am I bitter about the way the club has been run and continues to be run? Definitely.

I want us to do well which is why I am not happy with what is happening here.

If anything, saying everything is great when it clearly isn't is more likely to see us spiral to League 1 with the handbrake off than it is if we demand better.

The head of our so called transfer committee has come out during the last few days accusing previous managers of having him over on transfers that didn't work out.
    You're the head of the transfer committee ffs. You put yourself in that position and thought yourself to be above taking advice or employing somebody with more knowledge.

He gets no sympathy from me. The problem here is the Tan apologists that believe he is a top owner while we make the same mistakes repeatedly and slide down the league.

Am I bitter about the way the club has been run and continues to be run? Definitely.

I want us to do well which is why I am not happy with what is happening here.

If anything, saying everything is great when it clearly isn't is more likely to see us spiral to League 1 with the handbrake off than it is if we demand better.

The head of our so called transfer committee has come out during the last few days accusing previous managers of having him over on transfers that didn't work out.
    You're the head of the transfer committee ffs. You put yourself in that position and thought yourself to be above taking advice or employing somebody with more knowledge.

He gets no sympathy from me. The problem here is the Tan apologists that believe he is a top owner while we make the same mistakes repeatedly and slide down the league.
    The mistakes are personnel and it’s Choo and Dalman that are clearly at fault here.

He’s done his bit

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The mistakes are personnel and it’s Choo and Dalman that are clearly at fault here.

He’s done his bit
    He picked both of them.

I could half understand it if he held his hands up and confirmed that in hindsight they aren't up to it. He hasn't and isn't looking like doing any time soon.

He says that he is not an idiot.
    Trying the same thing again and again, namely putting in cheap and inexperienced coaches and hoping for the best with not much support or knowledge above, is bordering on idiotic territory without doubt.

How some seem to think that wanting promotion is somehow outlining a plan is beyond me.
    If we continue doing things the way we currently are then I feel that what VT wants and what he gets will be two different things.

He picked both of them.

I could half understand it if he held his hands up and confirmed that in hindsight they aren't up to it. He hasn't and isn't looking like doing any time soon.

He says that he is not an idiot.
    Trying the same thing again and again, namely putting in cheap and inexperienced coaches and hoping for the best with not much support or knowledge above, is bordering on idiotic territory without doubt.

How some seem to think that wanting promotion is somehow outlining a plan is beyond me.
    If we continue doing things the way we currently are then I feel that what VT wants and what he gets will be two different things.
    Maybe promotion from league 1

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Maybe promotion from league 1
    If that is what Tan meant then he is closer to that than promotion from the Championship with this squad, no doubt.

I thought you were talking about the manager ,whose team are currently top of the Championship