+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relegation

Relegation

5 defeats in last 7 games

That's dreadful

I can't see this changing all season , it's going to be win one , lose three etc

It's a real sickener for our loyal fans who went to Sunderland, saw a great win and got served up a load of crap

Going all around the country to watch us at the moment should be rewarded with a few million tax free

It's a horror show

International

Re: Relegation

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

That's dreadful

I can't see this changing all season , it's going to be win one , lose three etc

It's a real sickener for our loyal fans who went to Sunderland, saw a great win and got served up a load of crap

Going all around the country to watch us at the moment should be rewarded with a few million tax free

It's a horror show
    Bad luck plays a part, some terrible refereeing decisions have cost us points and stupidity from players getting themselves suspended. I still think we are in a slightly false position and should be a mid-table team.

Unless they panic relegation shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Bad luck plays a part, some terrible refereeing decisions have cost us points and stupidity from players getting themselves suspended. I still think we are in a slightly false position and should be a mid-table team.

I can’t agree. If Tan and Dalman give the full time job to Hudson this week we may very well see ourselves in the relegation places by the World Cup break. The squad is somewhere around mid table but the “pound stretcher” managers are taking us down along with the fact that Tan and Dalman don’t know what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Suspensions and injuries will happen though. We barely have 11 players that are good enough to be regulars at this level. We aren't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I can’t agree. If Tan and Dalman give the full time job to Hudson this week we may very well see ourselves in the relegation places by the World Cup break. The squad is somewhere around mid table but the “pound stretcher” managers are taking us down along with the fact that Tan and Dalman don’t know what they are doing
    We’re 4 points off relegation with 1 game left before the break

That's dreadful

It's a horror show
    I somehow get the feeling that you're half wishing relegation on this side unless it gets physical and goes long ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I somehow get the feeling that you're half wishing relegation on this side unless it gets physical and goes long ball.
    Well I want us to win matches because if we don't we are going down

I don't care how that happens at this point

Wide open league perhaps apart from the top 2. In past years it would be exciting, I'm far more worried though that I'm struggling to see 3 obvious teams worse than us.

Tonight was awful, was a typical 0-3 type match where we were quite fortunate to get Infront so as not completely embarrassed but still managed to chuck it away in a couple of minutes.

Everything was pretty shit, fans included tbf.

We really do look lost on and off the pitch atm.

God willing eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Wide open league perhaps apart from the top 2. In past years it would be exciting, I'm far more worried though that I'm struggling to see 3 obvious teams worse than us.

Tonight was awful, was a typical 0-3 type match where we were quite fortunate to get Infront so as not completely embarrassed but still managed to chuck it away in a couple of minutes.

Everything was pretty shit, fans included tbf.

We really do look lost on and off the pitch atm.

God willing eh.
    Swansea have got 2 points out of 9 from the last 3 fixtures

This team would have been snapping at the top half with a win but they are incapable of putting unbeaten runs together and that's got to be dealt with or we will be playing with the devil who opens the trapdoor

Useless bunch

Don’t think we’re in a relegation battle personally. 20 mins to go we were 12th. I was much more worried last season than I am at the moment.

The first half started off badly, but improved. The second half was much better. They just lost their heads. If we start playing like we did for the majority of the game for 90 minutes every week, we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The first half started off badly, but improved. The second half was much better. They just lost their heads. If we start playing like we did for the majority of the game for 90 minutes every week, we'll be fine.
    We played well for about 5 minutes tonight.

That's dreadful

It's a horror show
    How would you know, you don't even go to the games. You filthy dogger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    How would you know, you don't even go to the games. You filthy dogger.
    You sure about that ? 🤔

Well I want us to win matches because if we don't we are going down

I don't care how that happens at this point
    Well, we saw how bad we were at the long ball game last night, it’s a waste of time with these players.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, we saw how bad we were at the long ball game last night, it’s a waste of time with these players.
    Which begs the question ......we had quite a few players like flint who could have done a job for us .......fan pressure or management decisions moved them on

So who is to blame for us not being able to compete on the physical route one side of football ?

Ask Eric

All I can say about relegation is that the league doesn't lie and we are very close to the drop zone.

I understand it is a very condensed league but that only works in your favour if you put a string of results together to get out of it. Our last 7 results doesn't fill you with any great hope of this. The league also gets progressively less condensed as the weeks go on.

Yes, we have injuries, as many sides do.
    I just hope we don't fall foul of the 'too good to go down' arrogance seen by some sides previously.
    We are the 18th worst team in this league, very close to the relegation zone and need to improve or it is a very real possibility.
    Over to Mark Hudson and the boys.

Ah bless. Has Sludge realised the only way he can get attention on the main forum now is
    If he actually starts threads on football?

Bloody drama queen

Which begs the question ......we had quite a few players like flint who could have done a job for us .......fan pressure or management decisions moved them on

So who is to blame for us not being able to compete on the physical route one side of football ?

Ask Eric
    Last season’s squad was an old one which was getting worse results than this one is, so you’re advocating giving contracts (they’d have to be on lower wages surely) to players who are only going to get worse at their ages?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Last season’s squad was an old one which was getting worse results than this one is, so you’re advocating giving contracts (they’d have to be on lower wages surely) to players who are only going to get worse at their ages?
    I don't think you quite understand

Players like flint would be perfect for the season long battle we are face

But we got rid of him

And many fans were happy as cats lying in the sun 🌞

Well now they are seeing the result

Tbh i dont think the fans have any say in who gets moved on...if that was case we would be fielding players chosen from this Forum.

I don't think you quite understand

Players like flint would be perfect for the season long battle we are face

But we got rid of him

And many fans were happy as cats lying in the sun 🌞

Well now they are seeing the result
    Who out of last years releases would you have kept that hand on heart would have been of benefit - no need to compare the tho this years squad - simply who would have been worth keeping - without looking them up I can't think of one?

I take Flint to a point but only to a point

I think the released players were all the right decisions.

Weve made so many poor signings though I think King and McGuinness should be recalled and we should be actively looking to move a lot out

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think the released players were all the right decisions.

Weve made so many poor signings though I think King and McGuinness should be recalled and we should be actively looking to move a lot out
    Agree with bringing them both back in January, I'd also off Sean Morrison a contract until the end of the season if he's proved his fitness.
    We need a leader on the pitch, and if called upon you know Morrison always gives 100%

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Agree with bringing them both back in January, I'd also off Sean Morrison a contract until the end of the season if he's proved his fitness.
    We need a leader on the pitch, and if called upon you know Morrison always gives 100%
    Morrison was one of those players like purse , Hudson , flint

Sometimes he would make dumbo mistakes and you would just want him to clear his lines

But in general when these sort of players were out injured or suspended people would say flipping heck when's he back ! ?

Morrison in particular was a goal threat