+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relegation

Re: Relegation

Morrison coming back near his best would be massive. We create next to nothing and are no threat at set pieces. We need to start scoring goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Morrison coming back near his best would be massive. We create next to nothing and are no threat at set pieces. We need to start scoring goals.
    We definitely need to score more but how ironic was it that in that shocking display the other night we scored two, you couldn’t make it up with the City.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We definitely need to score more but how ironic was it that in that shocking display the other night we scored two, you couldn’t make it up with the City.
    Abysmal defending , under 11s standard

And the midfield were crap as well

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They were still our only 2 shorts on target. 1 was from them fecking it up as well.

Weve been abysmal to watch at home in particular this season.

No wonder the crowds are falling.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Abysmal defending , under 11s standard

And the midfield were crap as well
    We more or less had a 1 man midfield. Ralls and lets face it hes all energy and not likely to be playing many defence splitting passes.

Get King back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We more or less had a 1 man midfield. Ralls and lets face it hes all energy and not likely to be playing many defence splitting passes.

Get King back.
    King has been in and out of a Crewe side that are not turning up trees to expect him to come back in to a championship midfield and start dictating matters is wishful thinking.

For his own development a season at League Two is of more benefit than him playing the odd game at championship level.

Flint can't get in a stoke team one point above us so I doubt he was the solution

I don't think you quite understand

Players like flint would be perfect for the season long battle we are face

But we got rid of him

And many fans were happy as cats lying in the sun 🌞

Well now they are seeing the result
    Players like Flint were the reason we finished 18th and spent the season fending off crap sides like Barnsley and Peterborough.

Let me get this straight so there's no misunderstanding here - you'd advocate bringing back talentless players who took us into a relegation battle just because they're up for that battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Players like Flint were the reason we finished 18th and spent the season fending off crap sides like Barnsley and Peterborough.

Let me get this straight so there's no misunderstanding here - you'd advocate bringing back talentless players who took us into a relegation battle just because they're up for that battle?
    Listen your dream of fancy football is going sour

There we go

Flint and players like him .....who were far from talentless .....were exactly the kind of players CCFC needed

If you want to watch the pretty football you are used to watching on SKY then that's fair enough but we don't have that style or ethos at this club and making drastic changes to placate the likes of you is exactly why we are where we are

If we had 4 or 5 workhorses through the spine of the team we wouldn't be struggling big time like we are

When you have people barking orders on the pitch then players like ojo and sawyers don't have anywhere to hide

If you were manager the players would be getting counselling every time they fell over

There we go

Flint and players like him .....who were far from talentless .....were exactly the kind of players CCFC needed

If you want to watch the pretty football you are used to watching on SKY then that's fair enough but we don't have that style or ethos at this club and making drastic changes to placate the likes of you is exactly why we are where we are

If we had 4 or 5 workhorses through the spine of the team we wouldn't be struggling big time like we are

When you have people barking orders on the pitch then players like ojo and sawyers don't have anywhere to hide

If you were manager the players would be getting counselling every time they fell over
    Blah blah blah. Change the record. Any club at Championship level that does well, gets promoted and stays promoted for more than one season does so by playing football. Neat passing, pace, movement off the ball, playing to and knowing a system etc. Not by shouting at each other. You're living in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Blah blah blah. Change the record. Any club at Championship level that does well, gets promoted and stays promoted for more than one season does so by playing football. Neat passing, pace, movement off the ball, playing to and knowing a system etc. Not by shouting at each other. You're living in the past.
    And you are living in America 🇺🇸

There we go

How did we do last season?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    How did we do last season?
    We stayed up quite comfortably

We won't be doing that this year unless we get some spine and muscle in the team

We stayed up quite comfortably

We won't be doing that this year unless we get some spine and muscle in the team
    What happened in the first half of that season that put us into danger and who was responsible? What style of football did we play in the first half of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What happened in the first half of that season that put us into danger and who was responsible? What style of football did we play in the first half of the season?
    So you think that the second half of the season is what saved us ? I would argue the final third contributed to taking us to safety but the first half was saved by the second half which saved us ?

I can't agree with that

If we lose against Sheffield United that will be 6 defeats in 8 matches

That's what will get us relegated

There we go

So you think that the second half of the season is what saved us ? I would argue the final third contributed to taking us to safety but the first half was saved by the second half which saved us ?

I can't agree with that

Analogy for you sludge, that i think you will understand. If i went to a lake and threw a couple of sticks of dynamite in the water and up popped loads of dead fish, would that be fishing? some people may say that it is, after all, objective achieved, fish caught, nets full, but it isn't sustainable, it can't be developed, blowing things up simply wont do in the long term, although the initial yield is impressive. That's the type of football you seem to be advocating. Long ball, anti football, winning by spoiling. It's short term, and the fall out is huge when other teams find you out. We have to develop into something sustainable.

Yet McCarthy's long ball, physical approach lost us 8 matches in a row. That didn't end up getting us relegated.

You're having a leathering here, sonny.

You have asked me that question earlier , phrased the same way

Have you not read the reply ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Analogy for you sludge, that i think you will understand. If i went to a lake and threw a couple of sticks of dynamite in the water and up popped loads of dead fish, would that be fishing? some people may say that it is, after all, objective achieved, fish caught, nets full, but it isn't sustainable, it can't be developed, blowing things up simply wont do in the long term, although the initial yield is impressive. That's the type of football you seem to be advocating. Long ball, anti football, winning by spoiling. It's short term, and the fall out is huge when other teams find you out. We have to develop into something sustainable.
    Well you can call it whatever you like . We have got to start winning matches . Or we are going down .

Yet McCarthy's long ball, physical approach lost us 8 matches in a row. That didn't end up getting us relegated.

You're having a leathering here, sonny.
    That was his management , not direct football , which was at fault

Under Warnock we were one game off a record number of wins on the trot

Disciplined football got us to the Premier League

You have been watching too much football on TV.

The crowds have not declined at Cardiff City because our players are not passing the ball and watching Opera , the club is in trouble because we are not scoring goals , defending well and winning matches

You can throw statistics around all bloody day and you can yearn for attractive midfield formations but that's not going to save us from the bottom 3

People say we havnt got the players to play the percentage game but we are not far off . A new centre back , a bit more steel in the middle .

What we certainly don't have is a side that can play pretty pass football and play us out of trouble .

We certainly don't have any money to assemble that sort of squad .

I think you are sitting at home smoking your pipe whilst Rome burns 🔥

You have asked me that question earlier , phrased the same way

Have you not read the reply ?
    I read it. I was interested in an answer to the actual question, not the waffle you gave which avoided the question entirely.

That was his management , not direct football , which was at fault

Under Warnock we were one game off a record number of wins on the trot

Disciplined football got us to the Premier League

You have been watching too much football on TV.

The crowds have not declined at Cardiff City because our players are not passing the ball and watching Opera , the club is in trouble because we are not scoring goals , defending well and winning matches

You can throw statistics around all bloody day and you can yearn for attractive midfield formations but that's not going to save us from the bottom 3

People say we havnt got the players to play the percentage game but we are not far off . A new centre back , a bit more steel in the middle .

What we certainly don't have is a side that can play pretty pass football and play us out of trouble .

We certainly don't have any money to assemble that sort of squad .

I think you are sitting at home smoking your pipe whilst Rome burns ��
    Right, so what do you think is the best way forward with the players we have?

I read it. I was interested in an answer to the actual question, not the waffle you gave which avoided the question entirely.
    No it didn't

Right, so what do you think is the best way forward with the players we have?
    I don't think much can be done until the next transfer window when we will have to get a physical edge in

We need a fresh couple of faces in the middle to help out rails as he's under too much pressure and error prone

What can we do with the players we have ? Not much really

It's a bit like putting a finger in a dyke

Eventually it's going to leak