+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have we got too many ‘luxury’ players?

Have we got too many ‘luxury’ players?

And worse still..’luxury’ players who think they’re better than they actually are….a disease in the game.
    Tonight (imo) Ojo was a disgrace, and there were others, who just seem to think they can simply stroll through games without putting in any effort.

Re: Have we got too many ‘luxury’ players?

Ojo and sawyers and a few others are not going to be any use in a relegation battle

They are capable enough and worth a punt when a side they are in are full of confidence but they will just hide if things are difficult

I would get rid of them ASAP

Ojo has talent. I'm starting to believe he just can't think.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ojo has talent. I'm starting to believe he just can't think.
    There might be something in what you say, i like that kind of thinking, although best not discuss it as we'll get lynched.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ojo and sawyers and a few others are not going to be any use in a relegation battle

They are capable enough and worth a punt when a side they are in are full of confidence but they will just hide if things are difficult

I would get rid of them ASAP
    Ojo and Sawyers do nothing for us. Nkounkou is a liability at the back.

I would quite like 1 luxury player. Just someone with ability to get you off your feet and make it worthwhile watching this side. Tomlin was a luxury player. Sawyers and Ojo arent.

The problem is the standard of football at the moment is pretty dire
    I’m not talking about Cardiff but football in general
    The premier league and the championship is pretty poor with the exception of a rejuvenated Arsenal
    Nobody can predict who will win or get relegated from either league
    There’s too much money in football and apathy
    Players aren’t playing for the club anymore but their pay cheques
    Couple that with owners that don’t understand the passion of the fans and are purely in it for business and sack managers after a few poor results
    The warnings are there my friends
    If Premiership Rugby teams can go under then it’s only a matter of time that EFL clubs start folding (sorry Bury)
    In these uncertain financial times sensible fans will inevitably vote with their feet

They're all lazy with no heart, the last thing you need in a relegation battle. We're fecked!

Exactly what I’ve said above Joe
    Don’t care about the club but just picking up the next pay cheque

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    And worse still..’luxury’ players who think they’re better than they actually are….a disease in the game.
    Tonight (imo) Ojo was a disgrace, and there were others, who just seem to think they can simply stroll through games without putting in any effort.
    I expected Ojo to come good with time but last night was abysmal.

Sawyers I respect as he’s been a great player but he’s not contributing.

Nkounkou….his defending and general control is terrible. First opportunity we need to be getting him out the team

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    ..and if all us fans can see that why cannot management??

I don’t think Ojo is as bad as people generally make out, didn’t see last night but seems he had a stinker. Also don’t think he should be starting but has his uses from the bench. For me Philogene and ODowda should be first choice.

Sawyers for me is a disaster of a signing, just doesn’t fit. Yes he can find a pass and is neat and tidy but we want to press and do things at pace and he can’t do it.

The biggest issue is we have no options upfront. First thing Morison did when he took over in that January window was get in two strikers, both gave us different options. Now we just have Robinson and Harris really. If we had another option Robinson could easily play in one of the wide areas from time to time.

I don’t think the squad is that bad but I have little faith in Hudson, odd line ups from time to time, strange subs.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree they shouldn't be first team starters, but we have no leftbacks?