+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Tan comments ‘I am not really very keen to sell’

Re: More Tan comments ‘I am not really very keen to sell’

Quote Originally Posted by Earnie's bench seat View Post
    Not 100% on new owners before the end of the season, but I'm inclined to agree re: the posturing.

Tan isn't going to say outright he wants to sell; that only devalues his asset and he'll end up with less money than he's probably looking for. Admitting he wants to sell weakens his position financially.

If he talks up the club of being in the Premier League then (at a guess...) he's trying to talk up the standing and potential of the club and where it can go - and essentially increase the money someone will pay for it.

My guess is he would sell, he just hasn't been offered the money he wants for it yet.

He needed to make a call on Hudson, but getting him in to the end of the season only means any new buyers wouldn't have a long, bit cost contract they'd be liable for.

At a guess, I think once/if Sala is resolved, at least in some shape or form, we'll see a new owner. I can't see a new owner coming in while that's still hanging over the club; I don't think anyone with sense would touch the club (for now) with that case still hanging over it.

Just a thought though of course.

Rory Smith from the New York Times said that all most all teams in England are for sale, I think he singled out Chelsea (before the war this was) and another who weren't, it was in reference to the Vulture Capital groups.

I suspect the due diligence is better than when mike ashley bought Newcastle and don't think Tans posturing / dreams will impact much but the Sala liability will.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That has nothing to do with whether you think that £200m represents money well spent.
    you didn't ask if people thought it represents value of money

It does put into perspective that while VT might be spending ( his own money ), at least we are not in the same position that we were with Scam and the Riddler running the show, so thats a plus

That has nothing to do with whether you think that £200m represents money well spent.
    Absolutely right, it's irrelevant. And who says it's inevitable any new owners who take over will run the club badly? That's just pure negativism.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Having premier league football as your goal is one thing. Having a clue how to deliver it is another.
    If he doesn't want to sell he has to let someone else run the club, otherwise we're getting worse and worse and he's losing more and more money.

Tan didn't deal with that elephant in the room - although perhaps Abbandonato and Phillips didn't ask?

It was an interesting interview for what wasn't said as much as what was. I can accept that he watches all the games, speaks or texts the manager and CEO regularly, and has an emotional as well as financial stake in the club. But he is bleeding money without a plan, without a board worth the name, and without any experience or expertise directing things - relying just on Dalman/Choo to track the money side, and the manager with Borley to do the football bit. That is no way to run a club, business or investment of this size.

The plan seems to be stop spending money on expensive has-beens and instead bring in young players (from the academy or outside) who will grow as assets on the pitch and on the balance sheet. That is not a plan - although it might be one element of a plan! The other part of the plan seems to be wishful thinking and hoping to get lucky.

He also talked about maybe backing the manager in the January window. That is surprising and welcome as far as it goes, but there has been total radio silence from the club on the FIFA/CAS ruling on the Sala case and the transfer embargo that is hanging over us. How will that be resolved to allow the manager (presumably still Mark Hudson) to strengthen this fragile squad? Nothing said - and again maybe no questions asked?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. Don’t know why he just doesn’t give the Club away. Some believe there are billionaires out the just aching to take over Cardiff City, sorry but they ain’t around.
    He could possibly do worse than give the club away if he's on course to lose another £200 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Tan didn't deal with that elephant in the room - although perhaps Abbandonato and Phillips didn't ask?

It was an interesting interview for what wasn't said as much as what was. I can accept that he watches all the games, speaks or texts the manager and CEO regularly, and has an emotional as well as financial stake in the club. But he is bleeding money without a plan, without a board worth the name, and without any experience or expertise directing things - relying just on Dalman/Choo to track the money side, and the manager with Borley to do the football bit. That is no way to run a club, business or investment of this size.

The plan seems to be stop spending money on expensive has-beens and instead bring in young players (from the academy or outside) who will grow as assets on the pitch and on the balance sheet. That is not a plan - although it might be one element of a plan! The other part of the plan seems to be wishful thinking and hoping to get lucky.

He also talked about maybe backing the manager in the January window. That is surprising and welcome as far as it goes, but there has been total radio silence from the club on the FIFA/CAS ruling on the Sala case and the transfer embargo that is hanging over us. How will that be resolved to allow the manager (presumably still Mark Hudson) to strengthen this fragile squad? Nothing said - and again maybe no questions asked?
    Questions seem poor, it's the same with the press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you didn't ask if people thought it represents value of money

It does put into perspective that while VT might be spending ( his own money ), at least we are not in the same position that we were with Scam and the Riddler running the show, so thats a plus
    I think I did in a roundabout way. £200m to be in a poorer position in the league seems rather a lot.

I don't buy into the argument that "at least it's not Hammam or Ridsdale". Those two were at the extreme end.

Under Tan we've spent lots of money on players who turned out to be crap and needed paying off. We've spent lots on managers who turned out to be crap and needed paying off.

The main reason he's had to spend so much of his own money is because the club he owns has made so many cock ups. This, is in no small part, because of his own vanity and refusal to bring in a board who knows football. Instead of thinking he's such a good egg for bailing us out, ask why we keep losing so much money in the first place, then look at Tan.

Tan took over as owner in May 2010. That means he's spent 12 years and £200m turning a side that finished 4th in the Championship to a side that is currently 18th in the same division.

Well done, Vinnie. That's a big achievement.
    There are plenty of other clubs who have spent a lot more than us and are in a worse position both in terms of league and financial position. Big Achievement

There are also clubs who have spent recklessly who never even made it to the Premier League

Stoke , Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City , Huddersfield Portsmouth, Bolton, Charlton, QPR, Reading , Derby , Barnsley, Bradford,Hull , Swansea, Cov, Wimbledon and to a certain extent Swindon

What percent of clubs in the top two divisions in this pyramid have fans happy who are with their owners? There can't be many. There are a lot worse owners than ours..

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There are plenty of other clubs who have spent a lot more than us and are in a worse position both in terms of league and financial position. Big Achievement

There are also clubs who have spent recklessly who never even made it to the Premier League

Stoke , Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City , Huddersfield Portsmouth, Bolton, Charlton, QPR, Reading , Derby , Barnsley, Bradford,Hull , Swansea, Cov, Wimbledon and to a certain extent Swindon
    How many of those clubs listed have more debt than us?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    How many of those clubs listed have more debt than us?
    Nothing to do with the debt as such it’s whether it’s serviceable.
    We also have a brand new stadium and new training ground in Llanrumney which many of them don’t

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Yes he should have better people overseeing the running of the Club. Big mistake that he hasn’t.
    Says he embarrassed about the money blown, yet no mention of his CEOs, maybe all the decisions are actually his and he’s just not very good at running a club. Does help to know if you are actually losing 3 million a month or £300,000……that’s a good start.

Was it?

It reinforced how far out of their depth they are at running a club to those that actually read/listened to it.

If you are showing your full backing to man who thinks this squad is capable of promotion this season then it says more about you than me.

All this from the man who has bitched about the last two managers for all their time here too. Bit of a shock to you but Tan played a big part in picking them.
    I must have missed the bit where I gave him my full backing? Would you like to point to out?

I am merely stating the fact that he clearly couldn’t give a monkeys what you think and that was evident in his message. So carry on getting up at 6.30am in the morning and posting relentlessly about him, you’re clearly wasting your time.

I think I did in a roundabout way. £200m to be in a poorer position in the league seems rather a lot.

I don't buy into the argument that "at least it's not Hammam or Ridsdale". Those two were at the extreme end.

Under Tan we've spent lots of money on players who turned out to be crap and needed paying off. We've spent lots on managers who turned out to be crap and needed paying off.

The main reason he's had to spend so much of his own money is because the club he owns has made so many cock ups. This, is in no small part, because of his own vanity and refusal to bring in a board who knows football. Instead of thinking he's such a good egg for bailing us out, ask why we keep losing so much money in the first place, then look at Tan.
    We have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I must have missed the bit where I gave him my full backing? Would you like to point to out?

I am merely stating the fact that he clearly couldn’t give a monkeys what you think and that was evident in his message. So carry on getting up at 6.30am in the morning and posting relentlessly about him, you’re clearly wasting your time.
    Do you honestly think I believed Vincent Tan was responding to people that post on here?

I couldn't give a flying fig if he personally mooned me through my front window. It still wouldn't change my opinion on how he runs the club.

As I've said before about my posts on here. They're as pointless as the next person's. You just post a lot more than me.

Do you honestly think I believed Vincent Tan was responding to people that post on here?

I couldn't give a flying fig if he personally mooned me through my front window. It still wouldn't change my opinion on how he runs the club.

As I've said before about my posts on here. They're as pointless as the next person's. You just post a lot more than me.
    You’re keeping on a bit now.

Swansea were in the Premier League for 7 seasons!

You’re keeping on a bit now.
    I'm replying to somebody.

If you think I'm going on then scroll past.

Swansea were in the Premier League for 7 seasons!

Tan managed to get his crack pipe through customs, then.
    When was the last time Tan attended a City game at the stadium ?
    For that matter when was the last time Dalman came to a game ?

They were indeed I used them as an example taking into account if that and the fact they have also received over £200m
    In transfer fees. They should flush with cash, but they are not are they.

Nothing to do with the debt as such it’s whether it’s serviceable.
    We also have a brand new stadium and new training ground in Llanrumney which many of them don’t
    Not sure any of the other clubs listed would want a training ground in Llanrumney....

Not sure any of the other clubs listed would want a training ground in Llanrumney....
    I bet Coventry wouldnt mind a Stadium in an estate in their City let alone a training ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I bet Coventry wouldnt mind a Stadium in an estate in their City let alone a training ground.
    Coventry are £38.6m in debt without a stadium

0A36C22C-33AB-4A44-9B20-0A902FA222FF.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Says he embarrassed about the money blown, yet no mention of his CEOs, maybe all the decisions are actually his and he’s just not very good at running a club. Does help to know if you are actually losing 3 million a month or £300,000……that’s a good start.
    He’s completely in denial and has maintained an arrogant holier than thou attitude for ten years. He can **** off