+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Southampton announce Nathan Joes as new manager...

Southampton announce Nathan Joes as new manager...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63566631

Apologies if it's been posted before but I haven't seen it.

Be interesting to see if he can turn things around in the Prem

Re: Southampton announce Nathan Joes as new manager...

Wow didn't see that one coming ,one huge step for the lad .. let's hope he does well ..

Wrong club for him

I can’t see it lasting, not sure he’s up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I can’t see it lasting, not sure he’s up to it.
    I hope he has a good time there, he's got a point to prove, just wish we had gone after him previously

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I hope he has a good time there, he's got a point to prove, just wish we had gone after him previously
    Not sure id want him tbh, comes across a bit one dimensional and not sure our fans can take a manager who isn’t 100% media trained and boring at interviews lol.

Very interesting how he does though.

I wish him well, but it doesn’t seem like the right club to me…. which means he’ll probably be a massive success! 🤣

I'm surprised that a club of Southampton's standing have gone for him to be honest. They are extremely well run and would have had no shortage of high quality applicants, ones with a far better track record than Nathan Jones. I would imagine that their fans are feeling rather underwhelmed by this appointment. Good luck to Nathan though, he must feel like he's won the lottery.

I hope he does well there.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wrong club for him
    Please elaborate.

Hard to know what to make of this one, there can be no doubt that he's done an absolutely fantastic job at Luton twice, but there is that failure at what is undoubtedly a bigger club in Stoke. I've not watched a great deal of Southampton this season, but they've struck me as having a bit of a soft underbelly, maybe the Board thought they needed more of a fighter and motivator in charge and Nathan Jones is definitely that.

How many decent managers have Stoke had in the last 5 or so years, yet all to fail. I suspect Stoke isn't a manager issue that needs fixing, it's something else.

Interestingly, it was reported in one of the papers today that Southampton have followed Nathan Jones's career over quite a few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Interestingly, it was reported in one of the papers today that Southampton have followed Nathan Jones's career over quite a few seasons.
    Interesting. I've thought for a while that every football club should always be tracking future managers. The average tenure for a manager is less than two years. So you know you're going to need one. Cardiff are especially bad at this. I think they operate under the Shankly/Ferguson effect. Magical thinking.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hard to know what to make of this one, there can be no doubt that he's done an absolutely fantastic job at Luton twice, but there is that failure at what is undoubtedly a bigger club in Stoke. I've not watched a great deal of Southampton this season, but they've struck me as having a bit of a soft underbelly, maybe the Board thought they needed more of a fighter and motivator in charge and Nathan Jones is definitely that.
    Interesting, I think you are right maybe that is what they need?