+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contract for Sean Morrison?

Contract for Sean Morrison?

Just watched the pre game media interview with Mark Hudson and he's saying that "there's a conversation to be had" with Sean Motrison about a new playing contract for him - I'm presuming he'd had to accept a fair sized pay cut if we was to stay.

Re: Contract for Sean Morrison?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched the pre game media interview with Mark Hudson and he's saying that "there's a conversation to be had" with Sean Motrison about a new playing contract for him - I'm presuming he'd had to accept a fair sized pay cut if we was to stay.
    If he is fit, it would be a good signing until the end of the season

I hope he stays, he's got a couple more years in him yet if he can recover fully and we don't have a better CB other than possibly Kipre, who of course, is on loan.

It feels like he's been out for about 5 years

I think he’d make a good coach - get him working with the academy.

It's a 'no' from me.

He's been a good servant for the City since his arrival in 2014.
    However, his weakness was always the tendency to get exposed through lack of pace.

Coming back from a serious ruptured ACL, approaching the age of 32? I can see it ending in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's a 'no' from me.

He's been a good servant for the City since his arrival in 2014.
    However, his weakness was always the tendency to get exposed through lack of pace.

Coming back from a serious ruptured ACL, approaching the age of 32? I can see it ending in tears.
    A game like tomorrow where they'll be throwing everything into their forwards, and Morrison alongside Kipre and Ng would be a very strong back line, the two big lads to win the aerial battles and Ng to play it out.
    Morison didn't have any pace to start with, so at nearly 32 he isn't going to get any quicker, but what he does offer (100% commitment & battling qualities) can be accommodated in certain situations

If we're going to continue with any football from the back via the midfield on the ground then Sean will be an unmitigated disaster. He hasn't played for ages, he'll be slow and can't pass. The problem as I see it is he just doesn't fit in with the current crop of players and they don't fit in with him.

I'd be much happier if we signed a footballer in January and if were are to give Morrison a contract until the end of the season that for the love of the gods he's only used off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If we're going to continue with any football from the back via the midfield on the ground then Sean will be an unmitigated disaster. He hasn't played for ages, he'll be slow and can't pass. The problem as I see it is he just doesn't fit in with the current crop of players and they don't fit in with him.

I'd be much happier if we signed a footballer in January and if were are to give Morrison a contract until the end of the season that for the love of the gods he's only used off the bench.
    Agree, though it seems Hudson's adopting a more 'pragmatic' approach lately. Maybe playing from the back isn't such a priority for him.

we have been soft at corners both ends of the pitch, Sean certainly offers at both ends

Wouldn't get in the XI but without a doubt would have him in for situations like Tuesday instead of the disaster that is Nelson. A no brainer until the end of the season for me.

The current crop of players and the balance isnt anywhere near good enough. The last thing we need is more lighweight players.

As Blue Matt says he will be a presence in both boxes. Something we are badly lacking.

A fit Morrison is a no brainer. Is he going to be fit enough?

Get MacGuiness back as well.

First person to mention a pay as you play gets a virtual egg thrown at them

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    A game like tomorrow where they'll be throwing everything into their forwards, and Morrison alongside Kipre and Ng would be a very strong back line, the two big lads to win the aerial battles and Ng to play it out.
    Morison didn't have any pace to start with, so at nearly 32 he isn't going to get any quicker, but what he does offer (100% commitment & battling qualities) can be accommodated in certain situations
    I agree he is still a good player and is good to have around. He can add value in certain games and maybe he could play with Kipre and NG to play as a fullback again. Kipre and Morrison should stop some of the set play goals we concede and would add to our set plays and offer much more of a threat from corners.

End of season, if he's close to match fit by the end of the WC break.

I think he's done. But he's a leader, has physical presence and six months won't do the club any harm.

A leader
    A fighter

Give him the armband

He’s been out for a long time now, really not sure and he was struggling before the injury.

Wasn't he struggling because of the injury that he wasn't trying to manage though?

We're going to need bigger and tougher CBs than we have now for sure. So Hudson should go and find a couple and stop the rot at the back. I honestly think Morison will be too slow, take ages to get to match fitness (time we don't have), is too old, can't play football and even with our Liquorice Allsorts of a squad of lightweights he's a sticking plaster for the haemorrhaging of goals. He's not enough. I agree, get McGuinness back. That's a no-brainer.

Sean's extremely likely to get injured again too. He won't fit. He won't be fit. Sign two new CBs and for goodness sake get Ng back as a FB or WB ffs. I must be seeing a different Kipre to everyone else because for all his attributes, he's going to need some major support.

Hudson should know that we plug the holes at the back and stop conceding as a priority. We need two, new CBs who can play in The Championship.

F*ck me, we may as well bring Patterson and the old gang back...sod it. Get Warnock in then.

It's such a mess though. That much we can agree on. Especially when you see Colwill called up to a WC squad and he's hardly had a kick-about for us this season. It's all crazy at our club.

It was suggested he may play for the under 21s on Monday

I don't recall Morrison being as bad on the ball as people are suggesting. Sure he wasn't Premier League quality with the ball at his feet but he was certainly better than Flint.

IF he can get back to match fitness (he does have a month or so now to do just that) then he would be a real bonus for us. Before getting injured he was a top centre back at this level

We're going to need bigger and tougher CBs than we have now for sure. So Hudson should go and find a couple and stop the rot at the back. I honestly think Morison will be too slow, take ages to get to match fitness (time we don't have), is too old, can't play football and even with our Liquorice Allsorts of a squad of lightweights he's a sticking plaster for the haemorrhaging of goals. He's not enough. I agree, get McGuinness back. That's a no-brainer.

Sean's extremely likely to get injured again too. He won't fit. He won't be fit. Sign two new CBs and for goodness sake get Ng back as a FB or WB ffs. I must be seeing a different Kipre to everyone else because for all his attributes, he's going to need some major support.

Hudson should know that we plug the holes at the back and stop conceding as a priority. We need two, new CBs who can play in The Championship.

F*ck me, we may as well bring Patterson and the old gang back...sod it. Get Warnock in then.

It's such a mess though. That much we can agree on. Especially when you see Colwill called up to a WC squad and he's hardly had a kick-about for us this season. It's all crazy at our club.
    Just sat down for a cuppa & a sarnie, thank God I left my Stanley knife out on the job

If he can get fit it's a definite yes from me on say a one year contract. When Kipre leaves we will be sadly lacking at centre back so Morrison's experience and ability on high balls in particular will be much needed.

You don't half talk some bollocks, fair play.
    Too old? At 31??!
    Can't play football? Do you actually watch football? Most centre backs are far from technical, they're not in there to play football ffs, they're in there to defend.
    But you'd happily get McGuiness back in place of him?
    Fair play, the Friday entertainment is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    You don't half talk some bollocks, fair play.
    Too old? At 31??!
    Can't play football? Do you actually watch football? Most centre backs are far from technical, they're not in there to play football ffs, they're in there to defend.
    But you'd happily get McGuiness back in place of him?
    Fair play, the Friday entertainment is appreciated
    F*ck off!

Heart says get him back playing for us. Head says...hang on a minute. How fit is he? Could he manage say 20 minutes in the first instance? He has something to offer both in defence and up front. I hope the last time I saw him play for us won't be when he hobbled off, distraught, at Barnsley.