+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why are Cardiff City so crap at home?

Re: Why are Cardiff City so crap at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It’ll be a while before Wales needs a 60,000 capacity football stadium. We didn’t sell out any of the previous nations league games. We were playing big teams too. Belgium, Netherlands and Poland.
    Come on Kev, we are going to be World Cup winners by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I cant believe its even been suggested. The one positive is we have a fantastic stadium all set up for PL football.
    That’s a negative when playing in front of 16k in the championship every week though. Similar to Wales at the Millennium Stadium.

It’s not just us, plenty of grounds in the championship are half full and the atmospheres are non-existent because of it

It's a double edged sword re. TV money. Especially shifting a traditional 3pm to later evening or midday or televising an evening match on a rainy, cold night. The Championship grounds look awful on TV most of the time especially if the main camera is behind the stand that's full. Not a good look tbh and doesn't really sell the league from a TV perspective nor does it make people want to go to the matches.

That said, 16K should be rocking CCS but as I've said in previous posts it's all a but meh on the pitch and at at the club. Everything feels stale and I do think there's a subconscious element around the failed PL campaign and what might have been. For me, personally, I think appointing Harris was the indicator that we were no longer a serious side in the league or serious about a push. The irony of course is he got us to the playoffs but in fairness, that was Tomlin's doing and it was all a bit weird what with Covid and empty grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's a double edged sword re. TV money. Especially shifting a traditional 3pm to later evening or midday or televising an evening match on a rainy, cold night. The Championship grounds look awful on TV most of the time especially if the main camera is behind the stand that's full. Not a good look tbh and doesn't really sell the league from a TV perspective nor does it make people want to go to the matches.

That said, 16K should be rocking CCS but as I've said in previous posts it's all a but meh on the pitch and at at the club. Everything feels stale and I do think there's a subconscious element around the failed PL campaign and what might have been. For me, personally, I think appointing Harris was the indicator that we were no longer a serious side in the league or serious about a push. The irony of course is he got us to the playoffs but in fairness, that was Tomlin's doing and it was all a bit weird what with Covid and empty grounds.
    The Championship is far from 'buzzing'. Without the galaxy of stars in every team, the 24/7 media coverage and exposure, the only folk who follow the championship are the fans of the club[s]. As you say shifting games about like PL games has an adverse effect on attendances that wouldn't impact to such a degree on PL gates. Plus, with the financial gap between the leagues getting bigger, loans and transfers for decent PL players just don't happen like they used to. Similarly as parachute payments get bigger, the majority of Championship clubs just aren't going to compete with the 'top' clubs in the league. It's a bit of a downward spiral, with grounds emptying and going to a Championship game less of an occasion. Pretty much the exact opposite of the years after the turn of the millennium.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The Championship is far from 'buzzing'. Without the galaxy of stars in every team, the 24/7 media coverage and exposure, the only folk who follow the championship are the fans of the club[s]. As you say shifting games about like PL games has an adverse effect on attendances that wouldn't impact to such a degree on PL gates. Plus, with the financial gap between the leagues getting bigger, loans and transfers for decent PL players just don't happen like they used to. Similarly as parachute payments get bigger, the majority of Championship clubs just aren't going to compete with the 'top' clubs in the league. It's a bit of a downward spiral, with grounds emptying and going to a Championship game less of an occasion. Pretty much the exact opposite of the years after the turn of the millennium.
    Yes, it's definitely a problem. I'd also add in that the product (I know!) isn't good enough. I mentioned that I thought Sheffield were a miserable side to watch considering they are league leaders. I think that's true of most of the standard of football tbh and you have to have an emotional investment in it to want to make the effort or show any interest.

I'd love to know who's watching, say, Millwall v Rotherham on a Friday on Sky other than a few Rotherham or Millwall fans and those following the league table closely. It's hardly a big event for the neutral when competing with streaming services that offer so much more entertainment.

Ridiculous when a Championship game is on and the phrase ‘with the nation watching’ is uttered. The few bob clubs outside the Premier League get from the media is akin to me putting a couple of bob in a beggar’s hat……Look at me, I’m doing my bit.

We seem to lack aggression. I suppose that's down to the individual players and a lack of leadership. The only player I've seen who really looked to impose himself on the opposition was Jamilu Collins.

If there is a small bit of hope, at least we know we have one good player for next season when he comes back.

The lack of a real goalscorer is hurting us. But then I'd imagine half the teams in the league are saying the same thing. Again I think it comes down to bravery and aggression. At the very least we could have more movement in attacking positions and more midfielders taking risks and getting themselves into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I have, on more than one occasion, with regards a young player no longer with the club.

I also dont wish to break the trust of the family of a current player but the club are more than aware of his behaviour towards certain young players still with the club.

Funny how no-one apart from a couple of "new" players come out with any support or thanks to the gaffer when he was sacked.

Because we've bought weak players that aren't quite good enough

Because we've got fans that make up bullying accusations with no proof?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Because we've got fans that make up bullying accusations with no proof?
    Oh dear. Well and truly rattled. I feel another flounce coming from you.

Goodnight you melt

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oh dear. Well and truly rattled. I feel another flounce coming from you.

Goodnight you melt

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City far too close to the drop zone going into the World Cup.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Because they are crap away too, and they haven't got a goal-scoring Striker or a left back that can defend a cross.