+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh Holiday Homes

Welsh Holiday Homes

Tourism generates a huge amount for the Welsh economy yet the WAG persist with policies like this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63599043

Re: Welsh Holiday Homes

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Tourism generates a huge amount for the Welsh economy yet the WAG persist with policies like this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63599043
    I have a holiday let, not only could I not travel to it, it was basically shut from April until august, then again at xmas and new year.
    They can swing for it if I get a letter…..although I think I did just manage 70 days. I’ve had it anyway, house my uncle and grandad built in the 70’s is going up for sale. Tourism will suffer big time in west wales as many are selling up

"...The letting period for business rates will increase from 70 to 182 days from 1 April 2023 as part of the co-operation agreement
    between the Labour government and Plaid Cymru to tackle the problem of second homes..."

And therein lies the reality. A political alliance between Labour & Plaid that has virtually reduced to zero any balance in our Toytown parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "...The letting period for business rates will increase from 70 to 182 days from 1 April 2023 as part of the co-operation agreement
    between the Labour government and Plaid Cymru to tackle the problem of second homes..."

And therein lies the reality. A political alliance between Labour & Plaid that has virtually reduced to zero any balance in our Toytown parliament.
    Yes, as they well know, no one really holidays in Pembrokeshire or north wales out of April to October so it’s almost unachievable anyway. There aren’t enough cleaners etc to cope with the amount of work that would entail, many left the sector during covid.
    That’s nothing compared to the situation they created in cardiff, people scrambling for rooms in houses as small landlords sell up due to constant new legislation. You’d think Drakeford might be more aware of the desperate situation as he had to house his own son in a hostel a few years ago…..