+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Scott

Re: Alex Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I lent him a tenner in 1988. Bumped into him recently, asked for my money back-Guess what he said.....
    I owe you nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I owe you nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I’ve known Bots that spend less time on message boards than you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What assumptions are you trying to make here?
    That some people don’t like women being involved in the men’s game.

I’m basing that assumption on the fact people have been very vocal (including on here) about not liking women being involved in the men’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    That some people don’t like women being involved in the men’s game.

I’m basing that assumption on the fact people have been very vocal (including on here) about not liking women being involved in the men’s game.
    I don't mind who's involved in whatever game. Punditry has been a racket for a while now, and I really can't stand listening to people like Lineker & Shearer. If I want to know anything about football, there are much better resources available.

No problem with Alex Scott. Some of the male pundits are chosen for who knows why. Not because they are articulate, that’s for certain.

I don't mind who's involved in whatever game. Punditry has been a racket for a while now, and I really can't stand listening to people like Lineker & Shearer. If I want to know anything about football, there are much better resources available.
    CCMB

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    I would
    What? Tick HER box?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Does she really need to be on everything
    It is ridiculous now.

IF she was a superb presenter then of course I could understand but I don’t think that anyone (not even at the BBC) would say that. And in fairness the BBC have been, by and large, excellent in this regard in years gone by.

She is average at best with poor diction (which I think is a basic pre-requisite for broadcasting nationally….). Other budding presenters must be wondering what they have to do, to get a chance……

Listening to that geordie idiot Murray getting ridiculously over excited I would prefer Alex or one of her female colleagues every time

I very rarely watch MOTD, I prefer MOTD 2 which I record every week but I don’t listen to any of the pundits, male or female, I just fast forward to the match highlights. I remember when Lineker tried to cover the golf, but after a while, he was replaced by Steve Ryder, who eventually was pushed out by the BBC,if I remember correctly.

International

Roy Keane has his say on the #onelovearmband debate...pic.twitter.com/wNtzaICIc5
    — Pure Roy Keane (@PureRoyKeane) November 21, 2022
    What a load of rubbish from Keane, so Bale gets a booking then another during the game for nothing, and he gets sent of and we lose and go home early so he could wear an armband?

Could you imagine if that happened to Ireland when he was playing?

International

Cant, they stick to proper pundits for Wales and England games and the semi-finals and finals and then have box-ticked pundits just for the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Cant, they stick to proper pundits for Wales and England games and the semi-finals and finals and then have box-ticked pundits just for the rest?
    Who would you.call a proper pundit then?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who would you.call a proper pundit then?
    The best ones.

We all have our favorites but considered top are, Neville, Shearer, Hoddle, Gabbidon, and Bellamy for Wales games, Carragher, Souness, Keane, and Richards.

All played at a good level and fully understand the game, some are controversial and add to the entertainment.

We have to bring some new ones through, use them on the other games, and when they are good enough bring them in and retire some of the old boys, just like in football, don't just pick them to tick a box.

The best ones.

We all have our favorites but considered top are, Neville, Shearer, Hoddle, Gabbidon, and Bellamy for Wales games, Carragher, Souness, and Keane, Richards.

All played at a good level and fully understand the game, some are controversial and add to the game.

We have to bring some new ones through, use them on the other games, and when they are good enough bring them in and retire some of the old boys, just like in football, don't just pick them to tick a box.
    Half of those are complete cocks

The best ones.

We all have our favorites but considered top are, Neville, Shearer, Hoddle, Gabbidon, and Bellamy for Wales games, Carragher, Souness, and Keane.

All played at a good level and fully understand the game, some are controversial and add to the game.
    Isn’t Gabbidon a “box ticked” pundit though?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Isn’t Gabbidon a “box ticked” pundit though?
    Maybe lol, I was struggling to think of good Welsh ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Half of those are complete cocks
    Shearer and Richards bore me to tears.

Maybe lol, I was struggling to think of good Welsh ones.
    I was never a fan of what I think of as positive discrimination, but I can’t believe that there are no women who can get a football pundit job on merit out there, in fact I know there are some because they’re doing the job already.

Box ticking = male in your book I guess? Just a quick comment on John Hartson btw (I'm not picking on you, he's been mentioned a few times) you could argue that he's another box-ticked pundit when you consider:

Leaving lumps on his testicles unchecked for more than four years, Hartson discovered cancer had spread to his lungs and brain in a devastating diagnosis in 2009. He required 67 chemotherapy sessions and two brain operations which cost him his hair, appetite and around five stone in weight.

That's why I don't like the term and find it offensive (as someone who advocates for box-tickers). In fact, I'm going to start appropriating the term as I am a person who would tick the boxes (I don't know if you are) but it's a derogatory term for people like Alex, John and anyone who's in a minority group or has been marginalised by society and and the term used by a sizeable majority of white, heterosexual, non-disabled, males. The majority of football supporters I'm, guessing.

BTW, always had a soft spot for Hartson. Was at a Wales match earlier this year and he was pitch side. Stopped and selfied with a load a people even though he was pushed for time. Top bloke. Glen Hoddle at Newport a few years ago just blanked everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Shearer and Richards bore me to tears.
    Keane , Souness , Shearer all cocks

Hoddle , as above

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Box ticking = male in your book I guess? Just a quick comment on John Hartson btw (I'm not picking on you, he's been mentioned a few times) you could argue that he's another box-ticked pundit when you consider:

Leaving lumps on his testicles unchecked for more than four years, Hartson discovered cancer had spread to his lungs and brain in a devastating diagnosis in 2009. He required 67 chemotherapy sessions and two brain operations which cost him his hair, appetite and around five stone in weight.

That's why I don't like the term and find it offensive (as someone who advocates for box-tickers). In fact, I'm going to start appropriating the term as I am a person who would tick the boxes (I don't know if you are) but it's a derogatory term for people like Alex, John and anyone who's in a minority group or has been marginalised by society and and the term used by a sizeable majority of white, heterosexual, non-disabled, males. The majority of football supporters I'm, guessing.

BTW, always had a soft spot for Hartson. Was at a Wales match earlier this year and he was pitch side. Stopped and selfied with a load a people even though he was pushed for time. Top bloke. Glen Hoddle at Newport a few years ago just blanked everyone.
    There's no stopping you and your meandering virtue signalling mind is there . These days presenters are chosen via a business process where a management team define a demographic that they wish to appeal to, and then they run a shortlist of potential candidates past various focus groups that are representative of their target audience.

It's not rocket science mate, and no need to read too much into it. BTW there have always been omnipresent presenters on the TV. I remember in days gone by when Matt Baker used to appear on a lot of programmes, and before him people like Cilla Black and Jimmy Savile were very popular!

I think the question should be why do we need pundits and if they are so essential why do we need a panel ?

Tactical insights? Souness played in another era, we still had only one sub and the pitches were cabbage patches. Keane & Shearer basically played in 442's most of their career. Why Shearer is paid so much is beyond me. There must be hundreds of better analysts with better presentation skills

Insights into the camp ?- Ashley and Hal tick that box and they know the boys, well most of them. pundits like Murphy and Jenas wouldn't have current players' numbers in their contact list so i rely on general media, like the rest of us.

Entertainment - Keane has his moments but is a bit of a one trick pony.

Neville and Carragher's Monday boot room was good but it is 24 hours old with an army of analysts showing the pair of them what happened and they then show us.

Just show brief highlights and the news for all I care. It's a job for the boys and selected girls that adds very little value. I survive CCTV without halftime pundits

Alex like Shearer was chosen for whatever reason for an old, out of date, pointless role.

The best ones.

We all have our favorites but considered top are, Neville, Shearer, Hoddle, Gabbidon, and Bellamy for Wales games, Carragher, Souness, Keane, and Richards.

All played at a good level and fully understand the game, some are controversial and add to the entertainment.

Carragher? He should come with subtitles.