Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rainbow Hat Lady

Re: Rainbow Hat Lady

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    All the players , all the fans , travel agents , TV companies

All guilty of hypocrisy

To a greater or lesser extent

And so are we who are watching at home really

But people prepared to protest , even if others are saying its virtue signalling ? Good on em , they get my vote

Laura McCallister is a welsh gay woman who loves football and with her friends has made a stand at the world cup and put this issue global .....

Can't fault it
    Just like us then...We wear the blue shirt emblazoned with 'Visit Malaysia', a country where homosexuality is criminalised, women discriminated against and migrant workers persecuted

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Alternatively she could have just gone and watched the football, I don't know the sexual orientation of the people who sit behind me or in front of me, when I go to the City, and neither do I want to

It's there business not mine, if you're going to a Pride match wear something to show it, if you're going to football wear your team colours.

Why go all the way there at such an expense and risk not getting in to watch Wales in the WC, for the first time in 64 years.

It was a foolish act, which thankfully didn't end up worse for her.
    Do you think Rosa Parks should have just avoided getting on the bus? Afterall, if she wasn't happy with the bus segregation she shouldnt have given the bus company her money and just walked everywhere.

Alternatively she could have just gone and watched the football, I don't know the sexual orientation of the people who sit behind me or in front of me, when I go to the City, and neither do I want to

It's there business not mine, if you're going to a Pride match wear something to show it, if you're going to football wear your team colours.

Why go all the way there at such an expense and risk not getting in to watch Wales in the WC, for the first time in 64 years.

It was a foolish act, which thankfully didn't end up worse for her.
    Precisely.

Woke virtue signalling.

You're off on a different tangent
    Qatar were awarded the WC in 2010, the same laws applied there then, as they do now.
    Its not our country, it's not how we think, it's there country and their aws, it doesn't matter what we think, those are the facts

They should never have been allowed to bid for it never mind get it, but to go there to draw attention to yourself in a country where you could just be locked up for months, was foolhardy imho.

You're not standing up for any community by highlighting something that was already widely known

The best approach would have been a mass boycott, and that would never happen as most people seem to not give a toss either way
    Oh yes they will earn 7.9 billion , and a foot on the football stage .. it stinks morally

I know it could have been dangerous for them , even greater reason for them to be praised for their actions . They are not trying to change homosexuality laws in Qatar .....if they were they would be wasting their time .....they are I assume digging away at FIFA
    The thing is with it all

Qatar won't care about a Rainbow hat, it won't make the news in Qatar and even if a rumbling of change started during the WC, they would soon Quash it, they just dont care what we in the civilised west think

FIFA will just excuse it because people knew what values Qatar had and should have respected them, after all they were all guests in Qatar etc etc , its not going to be FIFA's fault either

a shame, but its all a bit of a pointless protest

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Not having a vax by an individual does not put others at risk …. It doesn’t prevent transmission. You are clearly are thicker than I thought.

You go ahead with your forced Labour beliefs for the unvaccinated and your views are discriminatory.
    There we go again , fantasy science to try and back up your ridiculous stance to not have a vaccine .

I would definitely make sure people like you were in the front line as if you caught something for which you had refused a jab for you would be first in the queue crying for medical help

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lives in Pont canton
    She lives opposite chapter but is a Bridgend lass

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Just like us then...We wear the blue shirt emblazoned with 'Visit Malaysia', a country where homosexuality is criminalised, women discriminated against and migrant workers persecuted
    Well I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Precisely.

Woke virtue signalling.
    When you start using terms like woke etc I am afraid it's a sort of giveaway really

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Do you think Rosa Parks should have just avoided getting on the bus? Afterall, if she wasn't happy with the bus segregation she shouldnt have given the bus company her money and just walked everywhere.
    I think that might go over a few people's heads but it's a very good analogy

There we go again , fantasy science to try and back up your ridiculous stance to not have a vaccine .

I would definitely make sure people like you were in the front line as if you caught something for which you had refused a jab for you would be first in the queue crying for medical help
    WTF are you on about now , you have no idea what my vaccine status Is, yet you still think it’s acceptable to use discriminatory ideology and inflammatory words towards people who are in a different group to you ( unvaccinated).

I bet you eat well, exercise, don’t smoke etc , but if you don’t you would also be the first in the queue crying for medical help.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    WTF are you on about now , you have no idea what my vaccine status Is, yet you still think it’s acceptable to use discriminatory ideology and inflammatory words towards people who are in a different group to you ( unvaccinated).

I bet you eat well, exercise, don’t smoke etc , but if you don’t you would also be the first in the queue crying for medical help.
    Discriminatory ideology 🤣

What a prize plum

You are the preacher boy on here for people not having vaccines . There are two types .....ones that can't, because various jabs are contraindicated due to their health conditions .........and ones that can but choose not to either by themselves or by others .....neurotic parents for example

If you are not in one of these groups and are actually fully jabbed up then you need to go home and put a new shirt on as you are playing for the wrong team .

Now then I know this vaccine business is a big thing for you but it's quite a simple issue for me .

Farewell