+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas train strikes

Christmas train strikes

You couldn't make it up!

Re: Christmas train strikes

I think the unions may start losing the support of the public over this.
    2 effectively 5 day strikes when people start travelling to see family, and when they go back at the end of the holidays, may start to lose them favour.
    1 or 2 day strikes, yes. Not 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You couldn't make it up!
    Well you just did. Since when has 13 and 14 and 16 and 17 December been Christmas? The train service has become very limited/non existent over the actual Christmas period in recent years - the operators don't need any help in making it so hard to travel by rail over Christmas, they're doing a good enough job already of arranging that themselves.

Selfish is the only words I find to explain this action , especially after so the pain of the las few Covid Xmas's that so badly effected workers and young children's and families lives , not able to visit relatives or holidays .

Lets not forget the fact they were paid 100% of there wages during Furlough ...

Don't care what anyone says these strikes are coordinated and selfish , in part to get more wages , and a tool to get rid of the Tories, this could backfire on Labour , folk are not stupid and know that some unions are affiliated to them and are there paymasters something they need to shed completely in my view ........

I think Racheal Reeves slipped up a few weeks ago suggesting no strikes under Labour ,in my view that is loaded comment for a potential Chancellor of the Exchequer if she means pay them or give in or not allow modernisation of the railways ,dated working practices which will cost the consumer if she thinks that will save money she is wrong when saying " I would be doing everything within my power to avoid these strikes." and avoiding the answer to a question would you support the RMT "" is a key statement

I notice Ange is quiet on the matter .

The RMT is seen a beacon for everyone other union and if they will will light the fire for more money please something we all want sadly the private sector has to balance its books

And those Labour MP's on picket lines may well see a backlash come the election, I can see the posters now of these picket lines with union leaders, strikers , Corbyn , Labour MP's, rent a protest Eco Warriors ..

Here is a sobering fact it would cost the country £14 billion pounds a year to give public-sector workers the 7% pay raise double that for the inflation busting claims , treble that for pensions support , on and on it goes .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well you just did. Since when has 13 and 14 and 16 and 17 December been Christmas?
    It was only a matter of time before The Grinch showed up

A question for the dummy's .. how do you get twice the number of people onto the already overcrowded trains in the few days left before Christmas, and how do you get them all back to work on time during the post New Year pandemonium?

A question for the dummies ... how do you get a UK government Transport Secretary to talk to the unions (especially the RMT) to resolve a long running and gridlocked industrial dispute?

Ballot the members. Get a solid strike vote. Challenge the rail operators and government to stop playing politics and lying about the reasons for the dispute. Get Mark Harper to the negotiating table.

That's a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A question for the dummies ... how do you get a UK government Transport Secretary to talk to the unions (especially the RMT) to resolve a long running and gridlocked industrial dispute?

Ballot the members. Get a solid strike vote. Challenge the rail operators and government to stop playing politics and lying about the reasons for the dispute. Get Mark Harper to the negotiating table.

That's a good start!
    tlh.jpg

Never strike for anything ever. Appreciate your scaps like good dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

That's a good start!
    Question for you how are folk going to pay for their train tickets , Harper wont mean a thing they want strikes thats all its political

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Question for you how are folk going to pay for their train tickets , Harper wont mean a thing they want strikes thats all its political
    They can pay for it with their LOM approved 1% pay rise.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Exactly, they have been trying to ruin Xmas and stop people coming together for the past 3 years. The great reset will implement a restriction on the free movement of people, and they want everybody to get used to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Never strike for anything ever. Appreciate your scaps like good dogs.
    We need a general strike with the whole nation onboard.

Another one of your masks has slipped.

It was only a matter of time before The Grinch showed up
    Talking of the Grinch

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EEvWI27vBTI&feature=share

You couldn't make it up!
    Pre Brexit: British workers will be paid higher wages. Post Brexit: Feck off.

No money for the likes of you, we’ve given it to all our Tory mates https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-lane-ppe-firm

Exactly, they have been trying to ruin Xmas and stop people coming together for the past 3 years. The great reset will implement a restriction on the free movement of people, and they want everybody to get used to the idea.
    Just stop it mun, it’s embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Just stop it mun, it’s embarrassing.
    Get back to me in 2025 & 2030 and we can swap notes.

Get back to me in 2025 & 2030 and we can swap notes.
    ok, its now 2032, what has changed?

The RMT and whichever other unions are calling this strike may lose support. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a better way would be to follow what the Japanese bus drivers do - turn up for work but don't collect fares. This way the public are not impacted but the TOCs are hit in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    The RMT and whichever other unions are calling this strike may lose support. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a better way would be to follow what the Japanese bus drivers do - turn up for work but don't collect fares. This way the public are not impacted but the TOCs are hit in the pocket.
    Often said and I agree but apparently it's against the law.

ok, its now 2032, what has changed?
    Agenda 25 and Agenda 30 will have been implemented.

Never heard that before, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Never heard that before, but I like it.
    That approach to industrial action is now over 100 years old. Fiat car workers in 1922 occupied their factories in protest at the actions of fascist death squads (just before Mussolini's March on Rome) but carried on production (managers locked out) and used the factory kitchens to provide food and shelter for the people of Turin. I think that was the inspiration for later 'work ins' and transport strikes where the trains and buses kept running but fares weren't collected. But as Claude says, I think it is illegal to do that here and now.