+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales fans ditching Qatar for Tenerife.

Wales fans ditching Qatar for Tenerife.

Re: Wales fans ditching Qatar for Tenerife.

Having flown even further south yesterday, I'm now 11862 miles from Cardiff at the moment and I will be watching the next game from here. Can anyone beat that?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Having flown even further south yesterday, I'm now 11862 miles from Cardiff at the moment and I will be watching the next game from here. Can anyone beat that?
    Why has everything always got to be about you?

Didn’t Splott Parker suggest it first on here?

Anyway here is Nigel Harris’ feature on Nation Cymru

https://nation.cymru/sport/watch-the...-by-the-welsh/

I’m in Sicily, so not as far as TBG.

Came here for something different and to see how the Italians are watching the WC. Arrived on Saturday, only yesterday did I see a bar showing the football. Granted we are in a quiet place while yesterday we went to a larger city (Syracuse). The only other clue a WC is on is the branded Coke cans. No fervour for it here at all - that said I thought it was quiet at home - no flags out or flags on cars. Has it changed this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Came here for something different and to see how the Italians are watching the WC. Arrived on Saturday, only yesterday did I see a bar showing the football. Granted we are in a quiet place while yesterday we went to a larger city (Syracuse). The only other clue a WC is on is the branded Coke cans. No fervour for it here at all - that said I thought it was quiet at home - no flags out or flags on cars. Has it changed this week?
    Maybe it's something to do with Italy not being in the World Cup?

I was supposed to go to Tenerife, but for some reason I decided to stay here.

A few of the lads are there though, and they are having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why has everything always got to be about you?
    Special one, look at me our Jose,hope Greta doesn't track his carbon footprint , is he one of them non-domiciled individuals??

You wouldn’t know there’s a World Cup going on with Wales in it around here - there were a few flags about last year for the Euros, but I’ve not seen any this time (that said, I’ve barely been out with the wall to wall football).

Yes, he did. Could have made a fortune organising trips and hospitality packages early on.

There could be people further away from Qatar than that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You wouldn’t know there’s a World Cup going on with Wales in it around here - there were a few flags about last year for the Euros, but I’ve not seen any this time (that said, I’ve barely been out with the wall to wall football).
    The Bucket Hat in Cardiff is pretty lame. Saw a flag in Pentre Gardens yesterday. Even saw someone draped in a Spanish flag yesterday in St. David's Centre. It's hard to compete with those festive, Christmas, Mini Coopers hanging all over the place though.

I'm going to re-create Shackelton's Endurance expedition and end up watching it on Elephant Island just to p*ss you off!

Should be a cracking day out tomorrow.

Pubs are going to be full I think.

🍺🍺🍺🍺

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yes, he did. Could have made a fortune organising trips and hospitality packages early on.
    People were mentioning Tenerife long before Splotty got in on the act, so don't give him any credit I know a few who have gone over. One of them was actually locked up in a Spanish Prison for 3 years, so **** knows how that'll end up!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People haven't been the same since the lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People were mentioning Tenerife long before Splotty got in on the act, so don't give him any credit I know a few who have gone over. One of them was actually locked up in a Spanish Prison for 3 years, so **** knows how that'll end up!
    Well, let's say he creatively swiped the idea then

Being locked up in a foreign prison is a great way to learn the language....good for the brain....and providing you don't get shanked will help you stave off dementia and live longer. Fancy a road trip?

Well, let's say he creatively swiped the idea then

Being locked up in a foreign prison is a great way to learn the language....good for the brain....and providing you don't get shanked will help you stave off dementia and live longer. Fancy a road trip?
    a few days was long enough for me, I didnt learn much Spanish because of it

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    a few days was long enough for me, I didnt learn much Spanish because of it
    I'd have just been rocking in a corner mumbling the words to Una Paloma Blanca!

Got our flags up just over the border in Ingurland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

I'm going to re-create Shackelton's Endurance expedition and end up watching it on Elephant Island just to p*ss you off!
    You evil swine!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Special one, look at me our Jose,hope Greta doesn't track his carbon footprint , is he one of them non-domiciled individuals??
    Pablo, wibble, spaghetti, flange crucible them wot dunnit folks corbyn splonge

Colin Murray on 5Live is about to highlight the Tenerife exodus and speak to the lady involved.

She took full credit. Splotty didn’t get a mention.

Crazy how she's getting credit for organising this.

The BBC article actually includes her Tweet that proves it was a thing that she seems to have got on board with.
    It's a funny old world.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Crazy how she's getting credit for organising this.

The BBC article actually includes her Tweet that proves it was a thing that she seems to have got on board with.
    It's a funny old world.
    From what I can make out, she contacted a few bars ( think the wigan pier being one of them ) and they setup a " fanzone " decked out in welsh flags etc etc, she also set up a Facebook page so people could join in the fun