+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 2 IRAN. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 0 - 2 IRAN. Match thread

Very disappointed but I can feel the dust settling a bit in my head already. I've been watching Wales for 30 years now and if you'd said to me during the Gould or Toshack years that I'd be disappointed one day to see Wales not progress from a World Cup group (which still isn't impossible) I'd have considered sectioning you.

Yes, we were awful but realistically there have been very few times (if ever) that a dud Welsh performance wasn't a very real possibility, regardless of the team named on paper. It's gutting but next Tuesday is a chance to restore some pride , play without fear and shake things up. I'm not daft enough to think we can win but the message has to be let's give the English a game and try and leave this World Cup with our heads held up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    All this 9 man team bollox.

FFS the 2 players have carried us for years.

As if the other 9 were any better.
    Those 2 players actually made the other 9 better players. Not today, but for the best part of 7 years or so. Great players possess the ability to drag the ordinary on to greatness. So when people see a world class performance from Bale or Ramsey, it's only right that they understand that their ability and work pulls an extra 10% out of the average players. They were and are much more than just match winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Those 2 players actually made the other 9 better players. Not today, but for the best part of 7 years or so. Great players possess the ability to drag the ordinary on to greatness. So when people see a world class performance from Bale or Ramsey, it's only right that they understand that their ability and work pulls an extra 10% out of the average players. They were and are much more than just match winners.
    TBF, when your legs start to go the decline is pretty rapid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    TBF, when your legs start to go the decline is pretty rapid.
    Indeed.

Exactly

Feel sorry for the other players be ****ed. Players playing mostly championship or below at best in terms of ability, who wouldn’t have a sniff of travelling to a World Cup or Euros for that matter if it wasn’t for Bale and Ramsey.

They should be thanking them for hanging on to their coat tails for so long and being taken on a wonderful journey.

That's all very romantic and correct

But what did they do today ?

At least we can watch the matches without stressing how they are going to affect Wales progression in the tournament.

Watching the Wales v Eng game will now be stress free with the knowledge that qualification is now out of question, unless something extra-ordinary happens.

Thats the only the smallest crumb of positivity from today.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

They cant carry us forever.

Wales Golf Madrid in that order.

Golf, Golf and er, Golf in that order today. Two of Wales' greats, at the ripe old age of 33 and 31, were rubbish today. Makes you wonder what might have been.

F uckoff sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Exactly

Feel sorry for the other players be ****ed. Players playing mostly championship or below at best in terms of ability, who wouldn’t have a sniff of travelling to a World Cup or Euros for that matter if it wasn’t for Bale and Ramsey.

They should be thanking them for hanging on to their coat tails for so long and being taken on a wonderful journey.
    I think that you and me could have gone on for 10 minutes out wide and Bale and co could have carried us

F uckoff sludge.
    Now stop it

They both had very poor games

We know they were world class

But I think today its fair to feel Naffed off ?

Now stop it

They both had very poor games

We know they were world class

But I think today its fair to feel Naffed off ?
    They're both finished in my opinion. I can't feel pissed off at either Bale or Ramsey though.

They cant carry us forever.
    Of course not and both were surely going to retire

But they were just flat today , I expected more from both of them

That doesn't mean we want them hung , drawn and quartered, just that we are pissed off

They're both finished in my opinion. I can't feel pissed off at either Bale or Ramsey though.
    Do you remember standing by me with your old man on a wet Tuesday night seeing a Bluebirds player run half hearted towards the ball and say to me ......hes finished .....and a few months later he was

Remember who that was ?

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Very disappointed but I can feel the dust settling a bit in my head already. I've been watching Wales for 30 years now and if you'd said to me during the Gould or TOSHACK years that I'd be disappointed one day to see Wales not progress from a World Cup group (which still isn't impossible) I'd have considered sectioning you.

Yes, we were awful but realistically there have been very few times (if ever) that a dud Welsh performance wasn't a very real possibility, regardless of the team named on paper. It's gutting but next Tuesday is a chance to restore some pride , play without fear and shake things up. I'm not daft enough to think we can win but the message has to be let's give the English a game and try and leave this World Cup with our heads held up.
    You should be thanking Tosh, for giving us, Bale, Ramsey, amongst others. He started it !

Of course not and both were surely going to retire

But they were just flat today , I expected more from both of them

That doesn't mean we want them hung , drawn and quartered, just that we are pissed off
    Two games in four days is hard work in that heat, especially when your fitness is not at 100% to begin with, and Page has to take responsibility for that (if he really was the one in charge).

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You should be thanking Tosh, for giving us, Bale, Ramsey, amongst others. He started it !
    Your not seriously saying Tosh gave us Ramsey and Bale.😂

Do you remember standing by me with your old man on a wet Tuesday night seeing a Bluebirds player run half hearted towards the ball and say to me ......hes finished .....and a few months later he was

Remember who that was ?
    I remember standing next to you on that evening, and i remember standing next to you when you outed a few bonehead racists (power to your elbow sludge) can't remember who the player was though?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Two games in four days is hard work in that heat, especially when your fitness is not at 100% to begin with, and Page has to take responsibility for that (if he really was the person in charge).
    I think that there should have been a conversation about it, maybe there was and Page trusted their judgement. Also, Page would have been a brave man not to start with Bale. We aren't England if you get what i'm saying.

I remember standing next to you on that evening, and i remember standing next to you when you outed a few bonehead racists (power to your elbow sludge) can't remember who the player was though?
    Ex Arsenal

Bought for his dressing room influence

Which was a relief as by the time he was playing for us he was shot to bits

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Wales Golf Madrid in that order.

Golf, Golf and er, Golf in that order today. Two of Wales' greats, at the ripe old age of 33 and 31, were rubbish today. Makes you wonder what might have been.
    Yeah makes you wonder how shit we would have been the last decade without the pair of them

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I've already said my views on some of the revisionism that I see creeping in on the Tosh years. Can't deny he gave them games but I promise you it was no golden era for the quality of football.

Your not seriously saying Tosh gave us Ramsey and Bale.��

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/5310330.stm

More youngsters were to follow.

If you don’t know that Tosh started what Speed and Coleman carried on, please don’t get involved, as you’ll show yourself up

Watch episode 2 of Together Stronger, to enlighten yourself

Ex Arsenal

Bought for his dressing room influence

Which was a relief as by the time he was playing for us he was shot to bits
    Kevin Campbell?